SPOOKY SUPERMAN STORYTIME

Great storytime.

Ghost storyime. Very spooky

As is true throughout all of time, OP is a fag, so I'll do his dirty work for him.

>not in negative colors
Gay

Nobody got time for that shit

Earth has beefcake like no other world

I like popular football Chad Kent more than puny uncool Clark in the old Superboy comics.

how did they age so fucking much in just 18 years?

Both Superman and Spider-Man's earliest adventures were saving space planes

i remember reading this as a kid, really makes me miss ma and pa kent showing up in the comics

Keep going or fuck off?

I still don't understand what point there was to killing them.

>i remember reading this as a kid, really makes me miss ma and pa kent showing up in the comics
i'm kind of annoyed that rebirth didn't bring them back

i do prefer the "s" being the sigil for the house of el over the "they just came up with the whole thing over a weekend" version

>i do prefer the "s" being the sigil for the house of el over the "they just came up with the whole thing over a weekend" version
same.
when did they introduce the house of el sigil bit?

>what point there was to killing them
Because they were always dead before Post-Crisis and someone with authority is a weird purist?

I feel like you can usually blame poor storytelling choices on professional fanboys somewhere in the chain.

keep going
>I still don't understand what point there was to killing them.
MUH LOSS
MUH TRAGIC PAST

Good point, like Byrne's HE'S THE LAST SON OF KRYPTON HE'S GOTTA BE THE LAST ONE REEEE

please continue, gonna grab some scotch to enjoy with the storytime. i think the deaths served multiple purposes. one being it isolated clark further and put him at an emotional disadvantage to drive his need for the league to serve as a family. another being that if the rents were alive theyd need to have more reasons for him to go home.

Wtf with everyone drinkin' on a wednesday man

no clue but it was genius

agreed, would at least like them to have brought ma back and kept pa's passing during his death at the hands of doomsday. that was such a good send off for pa

bra-fucking-vo, i love this shit

Birthright.

>one being it isolated clark further and put him at an emotional disadvantage to drive his need for the league to serve as a family.
This is pointless since Superman doesn't need to be some emo twat and the League should be very secondary characters when it comes to Superman's own supporting cast.
>another being that if the rents were alive theyd need to have more reasons for him to go home
Yes, and? He did it all the time during Post-Crisis continuity.

Not sure, if it wasn't a Siegel thing it might have been a Schwartz thing.

I have so many problems with Byrne and even this comic but Byrne writes Clark so spot on.

There's a Byrne Wondie issue with Superman and it's one of my favorite Superman moments, he brings a tree for Martha from somewhere and plants it for her.

i mean this is the stuff that basically defined the guy, reading it again is like sitting down in your favorite chair

> I hate the Legion because when they first showed up they played a prank on Superboy and I was bullied as a kid too

>superman doesn't like brie

hold the fuck up

He said some bogus shit about Gruenwald recently

(there's a Twitter called John Byrne Says that takes the golden bits from byrne robotics)

in before not yer blog, but; unemployed, near broke, mother having surgery (was just supposed to be chemo but now her artificial hip fell apart)

What really matters is where he stands on blue cheese

i was just stating possibilities and we know plenty of reasons they were/are wrong but in the end it didnt fit with the nu52 mandate

> recently
I remember seeing a pulled quote about a year ago from that Twitter were Byrne, of all people, said that Gruenwald was too much of a fan to be a professional.

(Admittedly not reading along because I'm trying to listen closely to some music)

I'd read your blog any time, user. Hope your mom pulls through and don't give up on the job hunt. Texas' workforce commission helped me out of a jam some time ago.

He's not wrong but he is being a huge hypocrite.

That may have been the one, it was something about "fans shouldn't immediately write their dream stories until the end of their career". The thing you said may have been something the account maker quoted

I'm not a big Batfag anymore but I still adore this issue

I mean Grue always seemed like he was the embodiment of the pleasant side of fandom, never the raging Eltingville aspects that Byrne could be.

I'm sure there's a behind the scenes story or two of him stopping a story because "not muh" though

>>like sitting down in your favorite chair
damn comfy like. to me its also the way i remember dc being with comics being escapism and when they told heavy stories they kept it mostly subtle

Yeah that's the one, that he put too much of his personal interests in his stories. Specifically calling out his love of pro wrestling and an interest in snakes.

Gru seems like the funnest guy in the world. Course I didn't know him but every photo he looks so happy.

sorry about that pain and suffering user, hope it all improves

(Also his Cap kind of changed my view of the world when I first read it recently)

That's rich coming from Byrne.

It's so good, especially the issues by Ron Lim and Kieron Dwyer

the first meeting between the two always makes for a nice contrasting experience

Beware the Batman Magpie was legitimately great, btw