Tenesse Coates' Black Panther

>BP hits #166

Who's buying these comics?

WE

BUY

Me

KAMICS

>Who's buying these comics?
Marvel forces comic book shops to buy them.

Noone, he’s just safe and makes them look good to “”””””journalists”””””” i guess...

Literally impossible to write a more boring comic though

And i mean literal in the literal sense. Any other writer on a book selling this low would have been dropped like a bad habit but Nehisi Coates has racial tenure

>>Black Panther 166
>>Black Panther: The Man without fear 513 - 523
>>Black Panther: The most Dangerous Man Alive 524 - 529

I'm confused.

I heard people say it's not bad, but I've read black panther and the crew he so I don't have any want to read this one.

unironically only white guys at my store, they also buy The Crew

It’s just world building and achieves nothing, it is not engaging in the slightest. Like the author has no emotions or something

Black people usually don’t fuck with stupid shit like this that’s obviously bad, there’s no reason for them to

>#131-141
>#513-523
I'm assuming this is to do with the Daredevil subtitle, otherwise how in the flying fuck did they add an extra 400 nonexistent issues?

>Not including jungle action
Weird shit.

Daredevil was replaced by Black Panther as the protector of hell's kitchen for a time. BP picked up where DD left-off issue number wise, hence why 513-529 of Daredevil are actually Black Panther comics.

Most of these legacy numberings are contrived in such a way so that they'll all hit milestone issues around the same time in 2018.

I've been reading it from the library. It's all right.

Are they seriously not counting the Don Mcgregor Jungle Action stuff?

Storytime?

They don't adding Jungle Action, 1988 mini and Panther's Prey. Why?

Shit is weird. They gave Thor and iron man issues they weren't even in

Lol at leaving out Gillis run, which was called "Black Panther, vol 2"

unironically, it also covers the The Panther god better than Coates wordy ass piece fo shit

white people trying to see "cool..."

except black people hate the run

except for the fake "woke" crowd who would lick Coate's dick if he commanded

but the prose!

that sweet sweet pottery

If they wanted to do that, they would have added in all the Jungle Action, volume 2, and Panther's prey stuff, getting them much closer to 200.

Hell, you can add in the PAnther's Quest stuff as individual books if they wanted to to get them there.

and it isn't like they forgot abotu it. Panther's Rage/KKK was jsut released in Trade. Panther's Quest is coming out in trade in a couple months for the first time.

Why is "166" some sort of magic number?

Why doesn't marvel pay some nerd interns to do this shit for them? Shit ain't hard and interns are free labor, Ike's fav

This issue was actually one the most enjoyable of this run. Ironically, it was the one with the least Black Panther in it. The whole focus is on Klaw and how he basically became a god.

Curious how they haven't tried to inflate the number to #200 with their usual renumbering dodgy math bullshit.

Welcome to comics.

AYOO WE BOUT TO HIT #200 SOON CRACKA WHACHU GONNA DO ABOUT IT MUHFUGGA

DAS RITE

black panther series after 2005:
12 issues, 11 issues, 6 issues and 18...nobody wants black panther anymore?

He doesn't. Have you seen an interview with the guy? He'll bounce from reparations for black people to comics with literally the same tone of voice and level of energy. Low-tone and low-energy.

He just doesn't give a shit about anything really.

He always seems on the verge of tears and miles away from whatever conversation he's having. It's this weird combination of resignation and concern that just comes across as pretentious self-indulgence.

Jesus christ did Hudlin really last that long? Marvel editors really were shit back then. I mean I don't know why anyone is blaming the current state of marvel on the lack of editors when Hudlin gets 40 issues to write black to the future.

>Jesus christ did Hudlin really last that long?
It was just going to be six issues but Alonzo wanted him to stay on longer.

>racial tenure

Good term...I'll take it