We're gonna pay a call on
The Addams Family.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P3KkMO_cnSg
youtube.com/watch?v=_XshW6tiL6M
youtube.com/watch?v=QC8T2pWY15E
youtube.com/watch?v=HMNpNFqViqY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This cartoon was underrated and it's a crime so few people seem to remember it compared to other adaptations.

>(Neat)
>(Sweet)
>(Petite)

What did they mean by this?

People don't remember the Addams Family cartoon?

That shit was my jam when I was wee

Ryder or Ricci?

Ricci all the way

It might just be that you never hear people talk that much about it. For all I know, a lot of people might have fond memories of it, they just don't talk much about it.

>addams sickos

Disappointment was the day I went to the public library and saw they had a VHS of the Addams Family cartoon. "Oh boy, I love this show!" I said and eagerly checked it out.

youtube.com/watch?v=P3KkMO_cnSg

>had crush on Wednesday from the cartoon as a kid
>her voice still makes me feel warm and fuzzy
What a feel

The FUCK am I looking at?

I do love Ricci's take on Wednesday, but I hate how Addam Family Values Wednesday became the template everyone seems to think of- despite Wednesday's darker tune in that movie being explained as a phase, and even then she was perfectly capable of being goofy.
Ricci's Wednesday in the first movie was more jolly and fun-loving even if she was somber.

This is probably why I love the cartoon Wednesday and kinda despise stuff like the "Adult Wednesday Addams" youtube thing that just tries to ape Ricci with none of the charm.

The worst part was that Jon Astin didn't reprise the role of Gomez for that show.

Munsters> Addams family

The Munsters are a forgotten 60s TV show and the Addams Family are an internationally famous decades-long multimedia franchise.

I actually like the intro but boy was this version a slog to watch.

The first Hanna Barbera Addams Cartoon. It was actually the truest visual depiction of the family, essentially going full new yorker cartoon in look, though Thing clearly was inspired far more from the 1960's TV show(in fact, that show more or less defined what thing would be known as from that point on, despite the Thing being somethig completely different in the New Yorker original.
Outside the visual fidelity it's probably the worst adaption of the series, having none of the charm or the morbid hilarity of any of the TV Series, Film or the newer cartoon, or the original New Yorker magazine cartoons.

>Munsters>Addams family
The Addams Family had inspired cartoonists and comic artists before the Munsters were even thought up, and Chas Addams was something of a superstar of his time, with fans like Alfred Hitchcock and Carl Barks.

Animated Morticia is in the top 10 of the top 100 cartoon women I want to fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=_XshW6tiL6M

Imagine if DC acquired a license to do a Addams Family comic.

Who would you assign to the book and what kind of a Hanna-Barbera revamp would it be like?

Fuck you

Considering the relatively hardline stance the Addams Estate has on modern work, I don't think it would be all that Hanna Barbera-ish at all. More along the lines of the old New Yorker cartoons(the people making the musical were outright told to base the characters on that and to not use much, if anything of the TV series or Films).

Fine, I can bump her up to top 5. Jeez.

>"Why don't you just drop dead?"
>"I wish it were that easy, Norm."
What did Uncle Fester mean by this?

It's a bit of an Addams thing to meet hostile gestures with jovial compliance.

In this case though, because Addamses are ridiculously hard to destroy, I doubt Fester would know of a way to for sure kill himself if he even wanted to.

I'll never forgive them getting Angelica Houston for the movies
Morticia was always a total qt, then suddenly a tranny

Why do that when you live every day THE FESTER WAY?

youtube.com/watch?v=QC8T2pWY15E

What went wrong?

I always think the Addams are immortal since they try killing each other for fun

John Astin's love was not enough to bring her back to this world.

the cementary out back says otherwise, mom and dad addams were ripped apart by an angry mob.

I dont mind Morticia, her cheekbones made her look creepily distinct and mature which goes well with that incarnation of the family.

I've never been a fan of her appearance, but she absolutely nails the performance.

I think they might operate on cartoon rules: They only survive if it's funny.

Her acting is fine, but I can't buy her as a woman who Gomez-or any guy- would love so strongly and passionately. I mean they are masochistic and shit but it just doesn't click.

First thing I ever saw on Cartoon Network.

jewloli natalie portman

I always liked that more than the newer cartoon for some reason, but it's been decades since I saw any episodes so I don't know.

And holy shit the theme song is basically the Mean Mr. Grinch song.

Rob Paulson does a decent Paul Lynde.

still my favorite version along the black and white tv series, I like that they actually made Pugsley a real character with a fun dynamic with Wednesday.

The Adams family started
When Uncle Fester farted
They all became retarded
The Adams Family.

Blue Wednesday's description.

Clearly the Mob knew the way to kill them that'd actually stick. Such methods are lost to common knowledge.

We know for sure though that Pugsly, at least, can survive what'd kill a normal man.

You think Gomez cares about looks? Somebody could go to work on her face with a ball-peen hammer and a belt sander and he'd tell her she never looked better.

Are the Adams just misunderstood counter-culture family or are they genuine assholes to people outside their family?

There have been examples of both.

Ricci for sex

Gomez is anything but an asshole. The entire family is anything but assholes. The entire family is just eccentric and doesn't conform to the norm and that's what makes them appear like assholes.

So that's where the designs the Scooby Doo episode used came from.

>Somebody could go to work on her face with a ball-peen hammer and a belt sander and he'd tell her she never looked better.

Gomez would never tell Tish to get cosmetic surgery like that, though.

Bump

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't "Adult Wednesday Adams" start off as a feminist circlejerk before the estate that owned the rights to the character sent her a C&D? I recall initially seeing Adult Wednesday whining about catcalling and rape culture, then seeing nothing of her for quite a while, and suddenly I've started seeing her again but sans the politics.

Did she and the estate work something out? Or they make something licensed based on the idea but meant to be fun instead of grating?

Just looked it up, and I'm not remembering wrong. Back in 2015, it was beating that ol' feminist drum, and then they got a C&D. I can't find any articles detailing how or why she came back, though. Nor if she's official or licensed at any capacity.

Ryder is hotter but Wednesday is the better character.

Kinda bums me out that Mockingbird Lane never panned out past the pilot. I love me some fun, spooky familys.

youtube.com/watch?v=HMNpNFqViqY

I loved all of that old time style horror.

I loved vampirella comics

I loved elvira

I loved the adams family and the munsters..

There was a huge charm about all of these

A lot of it was how morbid they were, that got them a negative rep.

they built a house in a fucking graveyard for fucks sake, even if it was the family grave yard.

the kids had all sorts of morbid weird toys, and the entire family was infatuated by death, but they were not like bad or evil. In fact it was shown time and time again that they loved their neighbors and would help them out. Usually even when the neighbors plotted against them and wanted to hurt them.

Isn't there supposed to be a new movie in the works or is it one of those things stuck in production hell?

>Clearly the Mob knew the way to kill them that'd actually stick. Such methods are lost to common knowledge.

>the kids had all sorts of morbid weird toys, and the entire family was infatuated by death, but they were not like bad or evil.
That's because their evilness was turned down a lot from the original New Yorker cartoon. The kids were just as fond of homicidal stuff as in the 90s cartoon and movies, only back then they didn't limit themselves to mostly doing it to eachother. If one of the kids actually killed someone, original Gomez and Morticia would probably be impressed more than anything.
The concept behind them is more a morbidly comedic, possibly evil family that is still remarkably well-functioning and warm towards eachother.

Reminder that the name their original creator(Charles Addams) used for them was "My Evils" or "Addams' Evils".
Funnily enough, he didn't coin them The Addams Family, and it's quite likely the original name of the family was actually meant to be Frump(as Granny Frump was Gomez mother originally).

Definately Ryder.

Heck, the original comic that the character who would be Fester was a theatre full of people sobbing during a tragic moment in a movie... and Pre-Fester grinning ear to ear.

They announced the director of the new animated movie just two weeks ago. Conrad Vernon, one of the people who directed Shrek 2.

Also:
>Pamela Pettler (Corpse Bride, Monster House) wrote the new screenplay based on the cartoons, with revisions by Matt Lieberman.
>Andrew Mittman and Kevin Miserocchi are executive producing. MGM’s executive director Tabitha Shick is overseeing the project.

Disn't know there was an H-B cartoon? They even crossed paths with Mystery Inc. in The New Scooby-Doo Movies, wherein the gang thought the Addamses were actors because their 60s TV series was canon in the Scoobyverse.

>Conrad Vernon
I just checked out his IMDB page and now I'm the opposite of excited.

It's a pretty short list(6 works), and it has both good and bad.

>Sausage Party
>Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
>Monsters vs. Aliens
>Shrek 2
>one short and two episodes of Itsy Bitsy Spider
All mediocre at best.

Wasn't the 90's cartoon also from H-B?

>Shrek 2
>mediocre

I said what I said.

You're a Haunted Mansion guy at Disney, aren't you?