Bellybuttons thread? Haven't seen this comic talked about on Sup Forums for ages

Bellybuttons thread? Haven't seen this comic talked about on Sup Forums for ages

Other urls found in this thread:

bdoubliees.com/journalspirou/series4/nombrils.htm
readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Bellybuttons
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is the current arc done yet?

Was that latest tome with gags in the past completely translated yet?

Any news on the movie?

What is happening in this picture? Is the girl on the right melting in the rain? Why doesn't she cover herself in the umbrella? Will her friends melt in the rain too? Is this some sort of selfless sacrifice that she us making? Why is the rain melting her? Is it acid rain or is she just hyper-allergic? Is she a witch? Should I feel bad that she's melting or happy that she won't be tormenting little girls and their dogs anymore? What does any of that have to do with bellybuttons?

When's the movie? When's the comic returning? When's Shadman going to notice?

> (OP)
>What is happening in this picture? Is the girl on the right melting in the rain? Why doesn't she cover herself in the umbrella? Will her friends melt in the rain too? Is this some sort of selfless sacrifice that she us making? Why is the rain melting her? Is it acid rain or is she just hyper-allergic? Is she a witch? Should I feel bad that she's melting or happy that she won't be tormenting little girls and their dogs anymore? What does any of that have to do with bellybuttons?

Good god, user, have you not read this?!

Go, flee, get away! Go find it and read it before you get spoilered!

/co loves El Nombril, because its fucking great. We're not talking about it lately because we're waiting for the whole next arc to come out and get fan-translated.

I think it's a man holding the umbrela. A betty and veronica deal.

>What is happening in this picture? Is Rambo jr. on the left having a brain hemmorage? Why doesn't he seek medical help? Will his pet and dinner die soon too? Is all food alive in this world? Are vegetarians also murderers in this world? Is the bunny gonna eat that brocolli? Why is the brocolli not wearing a shirt? Is it because he doesn't have nippels? Is this show called KO because the main character is unconsious a lot?

This post and that gif go together very well

I heard there were lesbians in this, is that true?
t. /u/

Yes.

>only lesbian while drunk
Oh boy I love that meme

She was in denial for ages and was about to get engaged to her lesbian crush's brother.

THE NOODLE IS PURE

>why am I such a fucking autist?

You must have a YouTube channel because no normal person is this easily confused

>I think
no
no you do not

is this ever going to finish?
they deserve nothing btw

>leche-pianiste

my college french and google translate aren't helping me here

Probably translates as milk pianist directly but its probably slang for gay. An user translated these a while back and I seem to remember the word bubble was something like " Shit! she caught the gay!" or something similar. There was an earlier joke where mixed chick told ginger chick to avoid goth chick or she'd catch gay. The user also told us about some other slang that was odd to non frenchies. Like I guess if you got ripped abs they call it a chocolate bar.

She's not a lesbian because she' drunk, she's drunk because she's a lesbian and she hates her life.

It translates to "pianist-licker" and it does mean that. Haven't heard it used, I might be a generation removed from the slang the author is familiar with.

The redhead just misheard "lesbianism". She's an airhead.

Oh, and "leche" is "milk" in spanish, not french (it's "lait" in french).
Lèche is a gerund of "lècher", "to lick", in this case.

>What does any of that have to do with bellybuttons?
Their exposed midriffs, duh.

>complaining about ugly art styles
>posts an OK KO gif

is this irony?

So Jenny is worst girl, right?

I know they were on a hiatus then redoing some of the earlier work, right? When's the main story starting back up?

Beat me to it

>Haven't seen this comic talked about on Sup Forums for ages

That's because there hasn't been a new comic for a while; plus the new comic actually in the works goes back to the episode formula of the first few books (it's a prequel / untold tales kind of thing).

we need more parodies of the lesbian mindblow panels from that comic.

>Jenny
>not Vicky

Underrated series

>lesbian mindblow panels
Give an example NOW

That's the thing. There aren't any more. Just that one in the bellybuttons comic that someone made a parody of with that old meme pairing from Sup Forums.

The post the one from the comic you queer

>you queer

I'm more insulted by the fact that you use some pussy phrase like "you queer", than the fact that are trying to insult me. At least call me a nigger or a faggot or something, we are on Sup Forums.

Can she win back Hugo?

>insulted by a rude remark at all on Sup Forums

What the fuck

I hope so. Hugo was the only good thing in her life and the only thing saving her from turning out like her mom.

you misunderstand, I'm insulted that he failed so hard at trying to be insulting.

Fixed.

the girl should be Pixie.

Just as a heads up Eggman does not get laid, it's a trap to save Sonic & Tails.

Is this the last translated page?

Milklicker
I like it

Pianistlicker? That makes even less sense

Yes!

NOBODY wanted gag-a-week Bellybuttons....not even Ouash, and that's why the translation stopped there. Sad!

How much longer will it go on before we have a return to the current plot?

>How much longer will it go on before we have a return to the current plot?
According to this site, Nombrils was last seen in #4137. we can probably expect a return to the current plot a year from now

bdoubliees.com/journalspirou/series4/nombrils.htm

It isnt supposed to make sense, it's a malapropism.

It's really hard to go back to gag a week Bellybuttons after the clusterfuck that happened in the last issue. The last few pages built up for a powerful climax.

Fucking god, I hope we don't go back to gag a week

Seeing the girls get BTFO so hard for their selfish behavior was so cathartic.

I actually missed the gag-a-week, the mean and silly stuff with Murphy or the skaters.
I'm glad they choose to alternate between that and the continuation of the story.

I have a legit fear that they will just forsake charachter development for a return to one note jokes

Am I to believe that monstrosity holding the umbrella is human?

Unfortunately, yes.
Not enough feels for Sup Forums, apparently

Yes

I'd tap that cavegirl.

user, I prefer the first version...anything is wrong with me?

>ywn have a blonde lanky Olive Oyl-lookin gf
Why even live

It's a word too complicated for her to remember.
Also she thinks lesbianism is a transmittable disease.

What's the timeframe for when the storyline will continue?

>What's the timeframe for when the storyline will continue?

>a year
Fucking kill me

>tfw was in the translated threads and showed interest but they were pretty much always empty

Hope Karin grows back her hair again. It was Vicky who made her cut it, right?

That's because it's shit and Sup Forums doesn't talk about comics outside of capeshit.

Who's third from left?

Let me see how rusty my french is after all these years..
>9) One of these four guys is a fucking liar
>I'm gonna make this world a better place.
>I'm gonna make this world a better place (and also bang jenny.)

Member of Albin's band.

English Translated page for you.

I heard she got outed by another girl she screwed over. What is the fallout of that?

You should read the comic if you're interested. Although that drama doesn't happen till a lot later in the comic.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Bellybuttons

Same user

>>a year
>Fucking kill me
get on my level
zombilennium is releasing a fucking movie BEFORE the final chapter of the series

And that there is why capes get talked about more. Euro comics release s-l-o-o-o-w-l-y.

> look at me I'm cynical and nihilistic like my hero Rick Sanchez my taste > your taste hahahhahaahah
christ what an asshole

>Euro comics release s-l-o-o-o-w-l-y.
Do you want them fast or do you want them good?

I want my heart disease to not kill me before book 4 of Zombilennium comes out and I'm not even talking about a translation

>I want my heart disease to not kill me
Damn user, sorry to hear about that...

>zombilennium is releasing a fucking movie BEFORE the final chapter of the series

Truly, George RR Martin has become the architect of modern fiction.

No because dePins is making the movie and intelligently setting it before the events of Zom #1 so it can't spoil or shit in canon

It's not a judgement thing. Just a fact.
12-24 issues a year, sometimes multiple series... US Comics thrive on momentum. Where as Euro books are more like Books. You get a new story when the creator finishes it, whatever schedule that takes.

One of those is more apt to create thread after thread of discussion year round. Euro books will give you clusters around a release and the occasional storytime.

>I want my heart disease to not kill me before book 4 of Zombilennium comes out
YOU WILL LIVE!
YOU WILL LIVE!
YOU WILL LIVE!

>fast
>good art
>healthy artists
Pick two.

USA has fast+healthy artists, Europe has good art+healthy artists, Japan has fast+good art.

That's up to Arthur

Redhead is bordeline special needs and doesn't know how to pronounce lesbianism

Oh shit. I stopped watching out for this about a year ago.
How much have I missed?

Pretty much nothing.

> didn't say "lebanese"
one job

Les Nombrils is published in Spirou, a weekly anthology.

Sweet, hourglass expansion.

No, you don't get it, the gag-a-week structure is precisely why The Bellybuttons works! It's what let's the comic do as much character development in a single tome that would take two years worth of single issues for a superhero comic!

Also; denying humor from The Bellybuttons is denying the best dark humor comedy comic from the world!

hahahaha

HUGO BEST BOY
HE DESERVES BETTER THAN THAT SLUT JENNY

t.b.h I bet that they went back to the gag-a-week structure to give them time to work out where the plot is going to be heading.

>the best dark humor comedy comic from the world
don't overdo it chum
inb4 NAME SOMETHING BETTER