/cdnpol/ general - Nov 11 edition

We must revive Canadian natonalism.

This is a thread on Canadian nationalism. All Canadians and non-Canadians welcome, serious discussion only please.

>patriotic Canadian music:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vfA8N_k4VY4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fuEGV4Pju5M
m.youtube.com/watch?v=12VqPnZrmfU

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=U3OGSGM0HOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's Nov. 11 bro?
also, shoutout to my niggas in Windsor

Nov. 11 is Rememberance Day, our version of Memorial Day. To commemorate it we take a day off of work/school to remember the dead. Our tradition is to wear poppies on our heart around this time of year due to the poem "In Flanders Fields" written by Canadian army physician John McCrae in WW1. If you want to find out more, watch this video:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=U3OGSGM0HOI

Canadian nationalism would never work because Canadian culture is too divided. Unlike the USA where the culture is largely the same across the country, Canadian culture is very different in plenty of provinces, like Prairie province culture being very different from maritime and Newfie culture, or Territory culture being very different from the rest of Canada, not to mention Quebec versus the rest of Canada too.

Most Canadian nationalists who go on about leaf culture largely just bring up things only notable to their region of the country, a good chunk of the country doesn't even give a crap about historic events that happened in Ontario.

Leafs can't unite under one ideal because of how different the provinces are. Ontario is full of cucks, and the few uncucked Ontarians are Canadian nationalists. A good chunk of Albertans (and western Canadians in general) want to split because they're a poor man's Texas, the Maritimes are too busy sucking the British off to be Canadian and Newfies go on about "muh island" and "NEWFIE PRIDE", I've not heard a Newfie call themselves a leaf. The territories are full of inuit who've cried for their own province/territory for decades and got Nunavut, and British Columbia is literally dude weed lmao.

Provincial nationalism works but Canadian nationalism doesn't. Too many "Canadians" are proud of their region but not proud of their country.

I see. Have SJWs started protesting this holiday yet

I believe that Western Canada, the territories (minus Nunavut), Ontario, New Brunswick, and perhaps Nova Scotia can be united under one banner without much issue.

Albertans (I am one), while proud of their province, do not have an ethnic identity as being an "Albertan" as would Newfoundland, Quebec and perhaps Nunavut. Most provinces, similar to Alberta, do not have an ethnic identity attached to that province.

I think the main fly in the ointment regarding the implementation of Canadian nationalism is multiculturalism, not civic loyalties.

Yes and no. They don't freak out about it big time, but people got mad a couple years ago because a school district sent home permission forms addressed to the parents of students asking if they wanted their children to be exempt from Nov. 11 celebrations in school because they may find it "offensive".

I think it's a dying holiday. I see less and less people wearing poppies every year - nowadays it's just mainly the elderly and public servants, which is a true shame.

The younger generations are far too apathetic.

I just don't think Canadian nationalism will ever be a thing.

Even before Trudeau Sr, Canadian nationalism was largely limited to the populated areas of Quebec, Ontario, and to a lesser extent the Maritimes (though maritime culture is different from quebecoise and ontario culture), most of the people living in other provinces cared more about their provinces than they do the country.

I'm a Newfie myself and I don't mind being a part of leafland, but I and almost every Newfie have no connection to leaf history or culture. We're kind of like those guys on the side that are just there, but don't really get involved and instead do their own thing.

I was in Canada the other day and I was surprised to see so many union jacks out on show. Made me feel proud but at the same time quite strange because the leaf flag is a fake flag yet it your national identity. Weird

Indeed, I would attribute your "black sheep" status to your joining the rest of us as late as 1949. I still consider you Canadians, and healthy banter aside, we respect your ideals and work ethic.

I think Canadian nationalism is starting to go through a slow revival, ironically enough due to Trudeau Jr.'s idiotic policies and comments.

Or maybe that's just Alberta/BC/Saskatchewan.

It isn't our national identity. The current Canadian flag is an overrated meme, and I view it as a symbol of the multicultural regime here.

Our real flag is the red ensign; our anthem (s) are The Maple Leaf Forever and God Save the Queen.

Tons of union jacks and British loyalty on the East Coast and small pockets of inner Canada.

There's a backlash towards Trudeau all over Canada regardless of where you go.

leaf :^)

>I think Canadian nationalism is starting to go through a slow revival
We're also seeing a surge of Celtic pride in Newfoundland and rural Nova Scotia, largely because we don't like Trudeau's notion of mixing cultures together into one gray blob. Nice change of pace because the last generation was more focused on moving to cities or moving out West.

Ok.

Good to hear. Didn't you guys vote for him for seasonal EI use and autism bux though?

Fuck off lardy.

Canada is primarily a british country, but whenenver I bring the fact up, some unassimilated retard who is trying to be a special snowflake mentions they are half chinese, or ukranian.

Until the diaspora shuts the fuck up we will never have nationalism.

We don't have any large national projects that would make us proud.

We also bend over and take it up the ass for americans whenever we can.

It really is depressing because most canadians think nationalism is sucking american cock and going on about freedom or some bullshit.

I don't really give a fuck anymore, and it's why most of the old stock leave for places like australia or usa. Just too many mixed retards who don't know anything other than multiculture kool-aid drinking.

Also our liberals are completely subverted by american democrats. Even 9 years ago liberals were pretty based.

Nothing will get better unless we get a pro british government. British is the majority of ethnics here and any other kind of nationalism just feels alien and fake. But we all knew this already, we have known it for 150 years.

most newfies don't vote anymore, but the few who voted did vote for cuckdeau. Newfies are generally redpilled but the conservative party has a history of constantly fucking over our economy for the past few decades that not even the most redpilled Newfies will vote conservative now. Danny Williams (miss the fucker, wish he could run again) literally took down Leaf flags and raised the Newfoundland ensign plenty of times and constantly shat on the notion of clueless Ottawans dictating the decisions of our island, he really hated Harper and hates Trudeau.

That's what I mean. I think Molymeme said the greatest irony is that the legacies of Trudeau, Obama, Merkel, etc., will be the revival of nationalism because of their attempts to radically transform the culture of their respective countries. Here in Alberta it's mostly Ukrainian/German pride, but above all people are becoming more proud to be Canadian, and not in the "because we're so tolerant XD" way that I see on normiebook all the time.

Why is Alberta Nazi kek.

Really? Where do you live?

I'm in Nova Scotia and I see loads of people, young and old wearing poppies, and people taking donations all over the place. This isn't near a military town either.

Fair enough. It's a shame you guys sold out, but I can understand your discontent with the Conservatives. In my opinion, we need an entirely new political party on the scene, or a Trump-esque revolution within the current conservative party.

The Trudeau family will go down one day in the history books as the real villains in Canadian history.

Edmonton. It's a damn shame. I attribute it to brainwashing in schools and am influx of ungrateful immigrants.

The Canadian conservative party are liberals disguising as conservatives though, they're center-left faggots. They make the American democrat party look right-wing.

We really need a new, right-wing party because right now it's conservative (centrist liberal), liberal (clueless bleeding hearts seeding their own demise), and NDP (literal communists)

Gotta nationalize ( to AB ) that oil and save the white race. Kick out all the muzzies/pocs.

Bingo. The provincial party in Alberta called the Wildrose is a good model for a new right wing party on a national scale, though I doubt many outside of Alberta know about them.

Agreed. The Chinese are somewhat ok but that rest are largely parasitic and destructive to the province.

Pretty much.

With the way Canada is, I don't know what's honestly going to come first, a Canadian Trump or rising separatist rhetorics in the Eastern provinces, where people are much more whiter and have a much more distinct culture. Gaybec, Newfoundland, and The Maritimes already have cultural pride, it's only a matter of time before a few people very adamant on protecting their culture (newfies are known to tell whiny shitskins complaining about their culture to fuck off) to rise up.

I know in the Prairies there's some separatist sentiment too, but given that you guys are in the 70-85% white range, I don't know how that would work out for you considering when there's a lot of shitskins that always means there's a lot of liberal bleeding hearts.

It's in the globalists best interests that we don't have nationalism. The amerikikes want everyone to blend together while retaining their own form of nationalism.

You guys have to realize that nationalism is only good when countries are at old style war. It creates rivalry and hostility to ones neighbors.

It's good for us, but bad for everyone else especially the americans.

If us in the west want to save our hides, we best be getting to it within the next 20 years or we're toast.

Do you believe that if we ever got an ultra nationalist govt. that we should annex Alaska, the Northwest and New England, assuming that the US is weakened and Balkanized by then?

Also Greenland.

Anyone else /ubc/ here?

Do you think that would even be possible? Isn't the population of New England, and strength double our own?

Also what would we gain out of Greenland? It's essentially Nunavut 2: electric boogaloo, full of Inuit. I guess the Inuit would be happy to unite their tribes but that's all that would happen.

Ofcourse, we should wipe those fags off the continent but that will never happen. The opposite is happening. Every since the 90's the government is flooding us with random ethnicities to undermine our nationalism. The only difference between us and the americans is that we are "british" americans. So you pump us full of non british and then we become disjointed and balkanized, making us easier to annex.

The british are the key to our nationalism, otherwise we are just americans.

UofA here.

>Nov. 11 is Rememberance Day, our version of Memorial Day.

No, it's your version of Veteran's Day. It marks the 98th anniversary of the end of WWI.

Anyway, does the Canadian have a plan for global warming? There is lots of prime land available once the planet warms up a little bit.

Can I get 40 acres for free to settle and farm?

Pffft.

Canada's a joke. A stupid creation. There was never a Canada, only a British dominion, some part of it populated by French people like me. I could never believe in that kind of country.

We need to keep this thread going.

Canadian Nationalist from the Maritimes, bump for interest.

Whose our guy in the conservative candidacy ?

I hope global warming hurries it's ass up. We are still getting the same snowfall in my area that we were when I was a kid.

It's hard to tell this early in, I don't think any of them are really /our guy/ per say, but some may have not terrible ideas.

I just hope they can elect a leader that can take down the fucking Trudeau shit show sooner rather than later before we become completely fucking bankrupt.

I see you decided to pick white people over good academics. Fair choice tbqh

Bump.