South Park s21e6 discussion

Worst one, anyone liked it?

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2017/10/south-park-recap-season-21-episode-6.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Passed out last night and when I woke up didn't even remember it aired. What was bad about it? Did Heidi show up? Few kid scenes overshadowed by randy? Please don't tell me the witch was grating

the witch was just dumb. the episode needed a plot i guess.

Funniest thing in the episode was fact Heidi is fucking slow.

So, not a fun episode.

The witches were supposed to be some kind of Weinstein-Hollywood allegory. It bombed both as representation of the event and as humour.
Heidi and Cartman were the side plot but other appearances of their relationship were better (I'm not a shipperfag tho). Their scense were best part of the episode though, and quite funny. Rest of kids almost weren't there.

Not even the worst one since the last dark week.

It was a lazier satire than the Thor thanksgiving episode.

>It's minorities but with witches
>This don't escalate in any way in any form of a bigger conflict
>There is no real message or joke, shit just happens

That's a shame, sounds like it has all the shit I'm bored of or skip in an episode. Will probably still watch it when I'm bored enough, but dang.

>The witches were supposed to be some kind of Weinstein-Hollywood allegory
Also works with muslims

>other appearances of their relationship were better
As someone who hates those other times already-- damn it.

No wonder they had such difficulty getting to Mars last season.

see, this picture is hilarious, but the scene probably wasn't

these scenes are especially knocked down when after the humorous bit she says something about how rude he's being, luckily it isn't every time, but it is too often

I wish the seasons were longer, we're over halfway in and there's not much to look forward to given the previous episodes this season being the judge on what it is they're focusing on- still randy, still politically motivated (but not driven), and the kids sort of being neglected.

After everything it's weird they don't treat Kenny fairly anymore. I think they just don't like him anymore. Somehow in a "treat women as people and not sexual objects" season, Kenny never came up. Ever.

pretty fun episode. I'm glad they're still using Garrison.

Loved Garrison
i want to fuck Heidi

Fuck I missed it

did you guys like it?

I thought it was the best episode of the season.

Weird.

I don't know, I enjoyed the subplot.
Then again I've been in the same relationship for a decade so I may be biased.

It was great to have some good ol' Garrison without some hamfisted political commentary.

The ending was one of the funniest, not a god tier ending like Free Willzyx; but Garrison just shooting a death beam at a witch had me laughing.

>without some hamfisted political commentary
The witches are Muslims

>I've been in the same relationship for a decade so
you're the type of fag that probably posts heiman art sometimes, considering what you're doing here now

I fucking loved it

Or maybe I'm not some beta numale cuck.
You know, an actual man that rules his household?

Really don't see it, comes off only as typical South Park seasonal zaniness.
Almost seemed like a jab at the rise at the Alt-Right Occultists like Hexenhammer if anything since occultism started making a comeback.

I liked Eric's Kubrick face.

I found it fairly enjoyable desu.

Also this.

I'm glad we got some Mr. Garrison without that much Trump. Been rewatching the earlier seasons again, just reached S13, and it really makes me miss having him around and being a horrible example of just about anything.

I think it was a jab at everyone with the same train of thought like that.

Like, some apples might not be as shitty as one single apple, but they're still part of the same shit-tree.

I was referring to you blogging on Sup Forums not being in a relationship you cherrypicking fuck

Its not about minorities, its about people in general. You can put anything in context and it'll work
>It's X but with titches

This,

I loved this episode.

>some kind of Weinstein-Hollywood allegory
I didn't detect that at all, just felt like a holida episode.

Thanks. Saved.

I think they're getting that impression from the "witch pursuit kind of thing" joke and Woody Allen's witch hunt comment regarding Weinstein

This season is fucking shit I hope it dies soon

so the witches thing is supposed to be an allegory right.... let's work this out....

>the blaming the victim scene at the police station
clearly implying its about rape/sexual allegations

>not saying witch "hunt"
probably a direct reference to recent Woody Allen comments on the Harvey Weinstein stuff

so the choice of witches could be the idea of Hollywood being a "cabal" which has mystic connotations...
...a "cabal" also has jewish connotations.

>repeatedly bringing up good witches/bad witches
this is where it gets a bit murkier for me, is there something specific in relation to Weinstein or #metoo or something that theyre referencing here?

>Mr Garrison (aka Trump) is also a witch and saves the day
Trump has hollywood connections and plenty of his own sexual misconduct allegations. why does he get to swoop in to save the day? why does he attack his own? it's a very un-Trump like thing to do given his firm support for Roger Ailes and O'Reilly.
Garrison's part in this allegory don't make a whole lot of sense to me.
i do like how he boasts about having true power and flexes his power to call a military strike....... right after being completely deballed about having gotten nothing on his agenda done.

The only time I chuckled.

Not a horrible episode but nothing memorable. The witch "pursuit" gag got old right out of the gate.

It was one of those episodes where they had one joke and they ran it into the ground. Those are the worst episodes.

Faint praise. It's been a weak, forgettable season so far.

At each commercial break I kept forgetting that I was actually watching South Park. This is maybe the most bland episode of the entire series. It brings nothing to the table, except adding a little bit of a dynamic to the Cartman/Heidi relationship, which is one of the worst things the show has ever done.

where was it again that the guy got the spell book from?
salem massachusetts?
any reference to that beyond the obvious?
what about the crack?

For me, entire season 21 is bad

Can anyone make a webm of garrisons prez power?

jack and crack
cracker jack
"i dont care if i never get back"
the witch put children in a bag
heidi never got back

Do you think Cartman will be less depressed about his relationship when they get old enough for him to tap her pussy?

>Cartman/Heidi relationship, which is one of the worst things the show has ever done.
thank you, i thought everyone here was a heiman shipper that wouldn't let anyone say anything negative about it

Why are there so fucking many Randy and Cartman/Heidi episodes, Jesus Christ.

Cool thread

That's true.

It's a super-boring sequence.

I don't give a shit one about shipping personally, I think it's the worst thing in this fandom. But Cartman staying with Heidi this season makes zero sense, so I really hope they have a payoff planned.

Trey and Matt just don't give a fuck anymore. They've said they'll keep making episodes as long as CC keeps paying for them, but CC will never let it die because it's one of a couple shows keeping their network afloat. They don't even have to try anymore.

Loved it. Felt like an old episode of South Park with weird shit happening, and was glad to see Mr. Garrison back. A lot of people will fall over themselves to call it shit just like any episode he appears in now because of the Trump stuff though.

What are the bent pits, anyway?

Its for putting in a witch bottle to punish the witch when you capture it.
Its basically a bent nail

What? I thought this was the best episode this season. Then again I am partial to Halloween specials.

Literally no one is complaining about the Trump stuff. No need to get defensive.

Thank you user.

Where's Wendy? She's my favourite character but hasn't properly appeared since the Photoshop episode like 4 years ago.

She's busy being a call-girl.

Was hoping Satan would show up. Haven't seen him in awhile.

Nigger Kenny is a main of the 4 boys and he's barely gotten anything in years in the series

The witches plot would have worked much better if they had the other dads had banned Randy from their crack cocaine and liquor fuele party week.

The dads blackball Randy from their reindeer games citing Randy's recent decent into SJW douchebaggery and then try and frame Randy for the possessed dads rampage.

Randy being a pariah would at least give us a payoff to his garbage behavior in recent year and maybe lead to Randy growing up and stop being such a worthless shit

Kenny has almost never been an actual character though. He's pretty much always just had one episode every few years.

>Princess Kenny was 4 years ago
...fuck

Honestly liked the episode.

It's Islam you idiot

>Attacks innocents
>Large explosions
>"Moderates" care more about their image than the actual event
>A fucking music concert, where else do you see this?
>NotAllWitches

It's not really that bad in this episode.

>Sup Forums likes it
>Sup Forums doesn't
Weird

I'm catching up on this season and just watched the old folks episode. I thought it was a nice touch that when Cartman and the rest show up as a child's choir the old people say "not again" in reference to the sequence in FBW when the New Kid goes with Token and Tweek.

it's hard to say if it's a reference or just showing they have to deal with it in general often

Anyone wanna dress up like witches to do Jack and Crack on a private jet?

Fair point. I just took it as such with how convenient it was that the game had a sequence set there when we really hadn't seen the nursing home before in any major capacity.

this episode was fucking hilarious, Sup Forums threads all praising it. but i quess Sup Forums just doesnt like fun.

KINO IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

>Sup Forums just doesnt like fun.
getting tired of this rebuttal man

it can be tiring, hating everything and constantly not-trying to enjoy things.

>you have to try in order to not enjoy low quality entertainment
It's pretty effortless desu.

No, only more depressed. He's a closet gay.

>Kyle and Cartman hatefucking when they grow up

constantly not-trying does not mean you have to try to enjoy things, it means you have to stop not-trying.

stupid.

I feel like Heidi was actually trying to get ready at the beginning, but later on she knew Cartman was trying to get rid of her, so she was stalling on purpose in the end.

Who makes a better girl (male) Kenny or Butters?

Butters

Sergeant Yates

Butters

How did he get those gains?

Shit was good, lot of haters cause they didn't get spoon fed. Watch it yourself if you really care.

fact

ahem...
vulture.com/2017/10/south-park-recap-season-21-episode-6.html

>Believe it or not, Trump is the good guy here, though he’s represented through the avatar of Mr. Garrison. Either way, in lucidly and rationally using his presidential powers to avert a dangerous situation, this portrayal rings false.

Witch thing was crab people tier. Heidi taking her time, Cartmans glare and murder plot, and the Hansel and Grettel outfits were great. Garrison showing up and nuking the witch from space was awesome, along with "did you just call to ruin my Halloween butters?"

seeing things that aren't there, don't get to caught up in your desired narrative.

Nice cherrypicking, if you hate the new SP episode it's yet another addition to the "i hate everything!!" club huh

The first five minutes had the best vibes, maybe It's cause I'm old but I love that kind of stuff, reminds me of an old movie.

>this portrayal rings false.
uh, what? how? was there a time trump could've used his magic power lazer but didn't when we needed him to in real life?

Post favorite "subtle" jokes

>was there a time trump could've used his magic power lazer but didn't when we needed him to in real life?
Every day Hillary Clinton lives.

The problem is they used the witch allegory to cover too many bases. Muslims, white people, sex offenders, etc. It was too unfocused

The episode felt a bit weak, but this moment saved it

>little girl you're free you can come out of the bag now
>in a minute...almost ready!
That one got me. Actual witch plot fell flat because it's kind of a muddied non-specific allegory, they stretched the "witch pursuit thing" joke too thin but it was funny initially. Cartman is precious.

I'm liking that Garrison is simultaneously Trump but also still obviously Garrison and his original character hasn't been eroded for the sake of the commentary.

>we've got rid of six so far it's a little harder than I first thought
>orbital laser cannon
Seems more they're in it for the absurdity and not so much "dude trump is literally worse than hitler lmao".

Are you autistic? It was a cop-out. Lame cheap ending.