How do I convince some idiot that the earth is in fact round?

I recently met this guy at work who seems very normal,even some what intelligent. But insists the wrath is flat. How the fuck do I break this to him. He loks insane. How can I convince him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2klm1s8c71c
youtube.com/watch?v=jyoOfRog1EM
youtube.com/user/fiveredpears/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=UGPuEDyAsU8
google.com/search?q=satellites&espv=2&biw=1745&bih=885&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6nOH7-JLQAhXHxVQKHeorC-kQ_AUICCgD
youtube.com/watch?v=m2YkS7pjMmk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Earth not wrath.

he's right

how so.

Tell him that the reptilians need a spherical planet to travel through their tunnels across the world quickly. How do they make so much progress if the world is flat?

did he ever fly?

Yes and he says you can't see th curvature of earth.

It's as flat as this shicksa's chest

Tell him to go jump off the edge.

Ask him how gravity works.

When he says that the earth, and everything else is constantly accelerating upwards at 10m/second, you call him a retard.

Who cares?

It is flat you bluepilled idiot. I bet ur voting hillary too

If Earth was round, airplane pilots would have to dip the nose of the plane down every 20 minutes or they'd fly into space. Use basic logic u idiot

gravity works because God wills it

He also said that everything NASA puts out is filmed in a studio lot, there's no satellites, no ones been to the moon, and newton never discovered gravity, hoew the fuck?

show him videos of people sending cameras up in weather balloons

guess he'll say it's some spherical effect on the lense or whatever. if he does, bitchslap him. hard.

Why would you try to convince him of a Jewish lie?

>Yes and he says you can't see th curvature of earth.
You can't.

Certain aircraft routes will have compass direction which is incompatible with a flat earth. If he takes his compass on a plane he should be able to prove it to himself.

For example flying from California to Brisbane is a south west heading on a sphere, but a north west heading on a flat earth

She identifies as a he now!

youtu.be/2klm1s8c71c
but it is user

deus vult gravitate

maybe he's right.

You really needed to post this cause you're horny, right?

pictures of earth from the moon

lauren southern ass is so fat

this is a 10/10 in leafland

Show em a picture of the curve
>ohfuck.jpg
>pic related

>every 20 minutes

Realistically it would only be required like every 10 hours of flight with the scale of your plane to the earth

Apparently those are all stage according to him. I know it defies logic.

>How the fuck do I break this to him.
By busting his skull open with a fucking bat while screaming at him: "HEY FAGNUT, SOME FUCK NAMED ERATOSTHENES PROVED YOU WRONG TWO THOUSAND GOD DAMNED YEARS AGO."

ask him to refute the rectilineator experiment

Literally every planet in the universe is round, you think gravity is just going to make Earth flat? What makes earth so special?

Just use maths
>whoops.png

>muslim intellectuals.

No according to him those planets are just lights in the sky. Honestly I've never heard such stupid shit.

>show em pictures that were deleted off Facebook
>why.exe

Oh I said math and he said math is just a theory. Honest to fuck math is just a theory.

refraction of the air near the ground actually hides the curvature of the earth

Ask him what would there be anything to gain out of it? Conspiracies aren't cheap and Jews are stingy, how many holocausts did the curvature of the Earth cause?

Learn physics, explain physics.

Basic highschool physics completely disproves the entire bullshit. Entry level collage physics makes it a fucking joke.

These people genuinely believe physics and chemistry are hoax subjects, which they are not. (Relativity is useless and potentially a hoax since no relativity effects have ever been observed, but that doesnt make the rest of physics a hoax)

You're delusional yourself. Let him explain to you why the jew ball earth is fake.

Send him this gif

Take his phone our gps nav and smash it.
Then hand him a map and tell him to navigate to Timbuktu.

-If a boat travels in a straight line into the horizon, it dissapears. not because it fell into the void, but because the earth is fucking round. You can use math also, you can mesure the radius of the earth and with that you can figure out how long does it take to the earth moves around itself. if the earth was a dish day and night would not behave like it does. Case he belives the sun moves and not the earth, he is not a person, but a fucking caveman.

He does talk about conspiracies.

really though
amateur balloon cams (that aren't fish eyed) make it look like a super flat disc
also, in amateur videos they hit water or something at like 120kish feet?

actually the arguments for flat earth are extremely plausible from a newtonian physics standpoint

being like 'hurr durr physics' doesn't help

>calling someone retard
>need help to disprove him

Then ask him how Shadow Zones in pic related works.

It is flat. We have t been back to the in how many years?

You're as dumb as your friend since you can't use a web search to look this shit up yourself. kys

I know I said math but he actually told me math is just a theory.

youtube.com/watch?v=jyoOfRog1EM
Fire, fire fire.

How do you know something other than its what you've always been told. How do you really know the holocaust is real, or that the earth is round?

it doesn't matter for most people whether the earth is flat or not

just let him be

Speak English, you fucking chink.

The sun and moon set instead of circling, the Earth faces a different set of constellations in the Southern Hemisphere compared to the North, and Australians, Argentinians, and South Africans can routinely travel their countries in distances that are impossible on the Flat Earth model (I would love to meet an Australian Flat Earther, it would be entertaining to say the least). People like OP's coworker aren't stupid, they're conspiracy hunters. Bagging the Flat Earth would be the biggest prize of all.

You never verified anything.

Basically everything we are taught is a lie is all I'm saying. And you never checked. So you really don't know.

I do t need a web search I told him and showed him he argued every point with some retarded logic. I think he might be retarded.

>You're as dumb as your friend since you can't use a web search to look this shit up yourself. kys

The textbook experiments which "disprove" flat earth are completely inconclusive and flawed. Your ingorance is actually the worst here. Of the guy who can't disprove it but knows it, and is asking for help, and the guy who believes in flat earth, it is YOU who believes without basis in spherical earth who is the weakest critical thinker here.

Why is it "stupid"
If u were told nothing from childhood or Explained that the Earth was flat would u not believe it?
In fact critical thinking dictates that it's far more intelligent to question what you've been told to believe without coming to the conclusion yourself.
>you trust data from institutions and ppl who have an agenda that includes lying to you
>who's the dummy?
Now, I can't tell u if it's flat or round. But I can tell you there is information available that falsifies the theory we are given.
>which poses problematic questions and also infers some very serious implications about those who lie.

Could it be both flat and round?
>even mainstream (((science))) is now pushing "holographic theory" universe
>so could it not be a ball in space and a plane when landed? In fact with the shitty ad hock math used in relativity u can shape reality however and just problem solve until u have BS no one understands.

But I think it's likely simpler.

What the answer is... Idk. It's obvious someone is lying though
>pic related

He's fucking with you, I used to falsely claim to one of my coworkers that I was his best friend in elementary school and then get pissed off when he said he didn't remember me.
I don't know why I started doing it but the lengths he went to to prove me wrong almost made it worth it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is just a simple ploy to do a lazy teenager's homework, correct?

its literally too much work. nothing you say will ever get through to them, no amount of evidence or argument will ever work. You have to be extremely intelligent on a multitude of subjects to disprove them off the top of your head and the problem is that none of them are actually smart enough to understand the argument you have to make to do it so it's just an exercise in futility.

>so it's just an exercise in futility.

said the intellectually bankrupt ideologue

if you can't explain it in two sentences you don't understand it

You don't convince him, you castrate him to make sure he never procreates.

Gravity doesn't exist, the earth is constantly moving upwards at 9.8m/s

Either he's fucking with me or he truly believes it and there's no convincing. It's still unbelievable that he says math is a theory.

boat coming towards shore from horizon shows mast first
/thread

Just because math works out to describe observations does not mean it is actually explaining reality. They are approximations based on human construct.

Basic high school physics proves absolutely nothing. It could work in either case and still prove nothing. It's just an equation.

Did you ever find the answer the wrong way in school before?

So 2+2 is actually 42?
Did you show him a dictionary? Cause theory in science speak does not mean hypothesis/conjecture like in normie talk.

compression of the visual field to infinitesimal at the horizon line occurs irrespective of whether or not you are standing on a sphere

in other words this effect would happen in space

I really want to fuck Anne Frank 2.0

Yes. I don't get it he's either fucking with me or fucked.

what's the motive behind lying about the earth being spherical anyway? flat-earthers make no sense desu

a horizon in space would be an infinite distance away. The rate at which the mast becomes visible is on a horizon when standing on a sphere is much much quicker than would occur in your space example.

Actually flat earthers explanation for gravity is that gravity does not exist. Their reason for objects being pulled towards earth is that objects that are less dense than the air surrounding it will rise and those that are more dense will sink. This is how things sink or float in water. It also makes more sense than every single object having its own gravitational pull.

Assuming any of you actually give a shit, its all explained here.
youtube.com/user/fiveredpears/videos
He uses logic and basic math.

She's in India right now at some UN WHO meeting,for rebel media

How about this. If he's so convinced on living the rest of his life he should spend around 24 hours watching youtube.com/watch?v=UGPuEDyAsU8

If he still thinks that there's some crazy group of people wasting away video editing things minutes before it appears in real time there isn't much hope for the little leaf is there?

He's an idiot. But the math I was talking about actually falsifies the globe as we know it
>basic trig

See the problem with people who jump on Flat Earth is
>1. Most ppl involved are purposely gas lighting or shilling, confusing those smart enough to question but not smart enough to math
>2. They think by discovering something wrong they need to explain every facet/answer to an misguided fool like yourself

Essentially once you falsify a theory (which can be done for globe earth at the given dimensions) u are at square one.
>the next logical step is to find out where u went wrong. That involves finding out why NASA is lying
>good luck with that

Also the "everything NASA does is fake" is a red herring.
Pretty sure they go to "space" but it's high alt.
Pics of Earth and planets are fake. That's obvious. They are all composites
>they hire more photoshop artists than astronomers
>satellites may exist but function differently than claimed
>ISS exists but they heavily edit/filter footage

For all we know the advanced civilization that once existed on Earth opened up a black hole, we exist on the horizon. Then both flat earth and physics as we know it could be correct
>I said before I don't have the answers
>but
>the starting point to finding them is admitting what is right/wrong - most logical
>a globe earth that has no curve is not logical

Fun fact: u can stare at the Sun. It doesn't burn out your eyes. That alone is enough to question everything you've been told as a child.

Try to find a real, non CGI image of a satellite in space. There are supposedly thousands up there taking pictures of everything.

google.com/search?q=satellites&espv=2&biw=1745&bih=885&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6nOH7-JLQAhXHxVQKHeorC-kQ_AUICCgD

the density concept only works if there is gravity. What is this retardation? I hope flat earthers die out like the less fit genes they are. They probably don't even believe in natrual selection though will play a nice roll in it when they're dead.

Imagine you were sitting on the edge of saturn's rings watching a space ship incoming along the plane of the rings toward you.

You would see the top of the craft (relative to the plane of the rings) first. Again this is how compression of the visual field at the horizon line works. There's a number of physical reasons for it including the way your eye / camera works, but also how light travels near or at a flat or almost flat surface.

easy with the redpills buddy

That's basically what I thought.

role*

>the density concept only works if there is gravity. What is this retardation? I hope flat earthers die out like the less fit genes they are. They probably don't even believe in natrual selection though will play a nice roll in it when they're dead.
Why would gravity be needed?

i hope you walk off the edge of your imaginary flatland. trying to convey something elementary to you is futile.

youtube.com/watch?v=m2YkS7pjMmk

>implying earth isn't flat
Fucking leafs

I'm not even a flat earther lol. I'm a physicist.

What pisses me off about you people ("ballers") is that flat earth is a beautiful critical thinking test WHICH YOU ALL FAIL MISERABLY.

Yes the earth is a globe BUT YOU CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF YOU PROVE IT. Because you fucking suck at critical thinking and reasoning and research.

No. You were told that but you love never done any experiment to confirm it.

Refraction would not explain the PHYSICAL DIMENTIONS in bridge building or laser alignment.
>e.g. FALSIFIED

seriously learn fucking real science
>I get it. I was anti FE for years until my Ph.D. Friend said "huh, wait this doesn't make sense"
Aka: cognitive dissonance

Also the retraction thing is comical. The explanation is "fish bowl" effect. Which is the same as putting a pen into water. Pen appears displaced.

However we are in the fish bowl. So it makes sense that 3 ppl cannot triangulate the sun.
It does not make sense a city would appear 1000ft above the horizon.
>it's made up bullshit
>sorry to burst your bubble
>take it slow and just focus on the stuff that truly falsified the globe model and go from there
U don't need ever answer. Only to realize the one we are given is wrong

>Sup Forums has come down to idiots who don't know what gravity is
Jesus fuck just let the site die already

You don't.

Flat earthers have mental problems

density is mass/volume

the only way for the more dense item (your skull) to fall to the bottom of a less dense liquid for example is for a force to be applied to both.

force being gravity * the mass of each

Fly him to Toronto. Walk to lakeshore. Not even see smokestacks of the Rochester across Lake. Then go up on can tower, see the fucking NY state shore.

Or. Fly to Dubai. Go to Dubai tower. Watch sunset from lower observation deck. Then immediately take elevator to upper observation deck. Watch sunset again.

If this doesn't click. Club him/her on the head to remove from gene pool.

That actually makes sense.

Someone please answer this question for me. I've always been curious.

Hypothetically speaking, if we could build a man sized hole through the earth to China, what would happen if someone fell in.

How do you explain the Foucault pendulum?

also
>u can stare at the Sun. It doesn't burn out your eyes

As someone who has actually messed with sungazing you're full of shit.