Mexican Peso gaining against USD

Mexican Peso / US Dollar exchange rate has been the most sensitive gauge of the how likely traders think Trump election is.

Mexican Peso fell significantly earlier this month when the new Clinton e-mail investigation was revealed by the FBI chief, but it has mostly recovered since.

What do you think about this?

Of course, traders completely missed the mark on Brexit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KBXDjCj9C8s
eleconomista.com.mx/finanzas-publicas/2015/08/10/ingresos-petroleros-solo-representan-1864-presupuestarios
eleconomista.com.mx/finanzas-publicas/2016/06/19/ingresos-petroleros-tocan-minimos-solventan-solo-13-gasto-publico
youtube.com/watch?v=vST61W4bGm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

God bless

Not a day trader, and Peso is garbage.

I can't wait to see when Trump starts winning state by state, and the mexishit peso starts tanking like a rock, just like Brexit.

Good for the mexicans, now they need fewer pesos to build the wall

>believing that markets are rational or have any predictive power

>it's literally nothing

>Mexican Peso / US Dollar exchange rate has been the most sensitive gauge of the how likely traders think Trump election is.
Its all bullshit, shit is gonna get real next year, the peso will be at 25-30 pesos for a dollar, because of the liberation of our gasoline prices and the increment of the energy bills, not to mention all the programs that will get cut.

Luckily the low class scum in my country is gonna get hit the hardest, most of us working for the goverment exchanged our pesos for dollars 2 years ago

I wish Mexico can be a rich country so they can go back

The goal isn't to have a "high currency"

I'm too high to explain the rest (blaze it) but if you understand anything regarding economics, you'll know why.

so will they buy the material for the wall in peso or usd after trump wins?

This has been going for a while.

Every time something rellated to hillary happens it either decreases or increases.

Last week when hillary was "winning" was 18.30.

Now with the emails it rised to 19.30 and its 19.02 now.

Your coin lost 10% of its value in 2 weeks, it is something.

I think this means it's time for spics to go back. Mexico clearly is the next superpower.

this

It's not the MXN that's getting hit, it's the USD skyrocketing
Look at EUR-USD, JPY-USD, CNY-USD and GBP-USD charts, the USD performs better in every single one
Investors know Trump will Make America Great Again
Oil prices are skyrocketing past November, shit will stabilize after that, but the peso won't get back to 15 MXN per USD in less than 2 or 3 years since a lot of damage has already been done

I don't know anything about economics. Someone please explain why.

>Mexican currency has value

OH GOOD I CAN'T IMPORT TACO VINYL RECORDS NOW THEY COST REAL MONEY
youtube.com/watch?v=KBXDjCj9C8s

IT'S A LAGGING INDICATOR REEEEE

The peso is worth a nickle? Am i reading this right?

>shit will stabilize after that
lol, its almost like you really believe that, and no user, if you think that a $20 is bad wait until this presidency ends, you might be too young to remember how hard devaluations can get after a few years of cheap oil

Except I wasn't, the peso hasn't went into hyperinflation or hard devaluation thanks to the mechanisms implemented during Zedillo's administration to avoid such thing happening again
They were heavily strengthened during Fox and Calderon's administrations, and they have held ridiculously well

>Zedillo
I was talking about the 80s, you have yet to live a devauation, and you will, unless you get paid in USD or converted your savings to real money or precious metals back in 2008-2010

Fuck PAN, 2de octubre no se olbida

>olBida
Is this post ironic?
Or pejezombies really post on Sup Forums??

I lived through the 70's and 80's retard, you don't even know what was done in the late 90's to protect the MXN from taking the entirety of LA into oblivion again
La Decada Perdida was mainly due to the ridiculous external debt that relied on oil imports, nowadays the economy doesn't relies like that on oil, not even close you illiterate fuck
>PAN
>2 de Octubre
Literally unrelated m8

Enrique peña nieto muerete

Yup, a single freedom dollar is about 20 pesos. Great time to go vacation in mexico desu

>Great time to go vacation in mexico desu
Too bad the non cartel infested places charge you in dollars

>nowadays the economy doesn't relies like that on oil
You are the only illiterate here amigo, we aren't in the same position as Venezuela right now just because we are still favored by the US

But, Mexico isn't nearly as reliant on energy export as Venezuela.

Mexico actually has some industry that exports things, albeit mostly labour-intensive assembly tasks subcontracted out by foreign companies.

We were favored by the US in the 70's and 80's too, guess what Mexico defaulted since Portillo and Echeverria bet everything on high oil prices
The current situation isn't even close to what it was back then, Mexico isn't at any risk of defaulting anytime soon, there's enough reserves for more years of oil glout and the economic policies have been quite sane, also oil reliance has diminished massively in the last two decades
>Mexico actually has some industry that exports things, albeit mostly labour-intensive assembly tasks subcontracted out by foreign companies.
This is literally the only reason why investors fear a Trump presidency, they believe a renegotiated NAFTA would heavily damage the manufacturing industry
There's still more industry than just manufacturing, and more trade partners than just the US, and a renegotiated NAFTA might revitalize Mexican agriculture too

>Mexico isn't at any risk of defaulting anytime soon
>nowadays the economy doesn't relies like that on oil, not even close you illiterate fuck
Damn, is that what they teach nowadays in public colleges??
If public education was abolished the country would be a better place, no doubt about it

Drugs and illegal immigrats make us way more money than foreign exports

How is rural Oaxaca in regards to cartel violence? My mom is from there and I have family there but I've never been, I'd love to go

>a renegotiated NAFTA might revitalize Mexican agriculture too

There's no fucking way U.S. farm lobby is going to let anybody get rid of the insane U.S. farm subsidies.

Bill Clinton just barely managed to sign a law to decrease the subsidies just slightly over a decade, but George W. Bush immediately repealed it the second he came into office, and Obama has been too distracted to even deal with farm subsidies.

That's what they teach at the ITAM and other neoliberal outlets living in an alternate universe where Salinas and Zedillo were the saviors of Mexico

Literally nobody cares. Hillary is a child rapist. There's fucking pics. They're only trying to keep it under wraps because they think you're still stupid enough to vote for the witch--and I do mean witch.

Mexican agriculture is beyond saving, he's just being delusional.

you're garbage

Can you even read the last line m8? That's literally 4 years old data, guess your glorious private """"college"""" it's still teaching with decades old textbooks
>eleconomista.com.mx/finanzas-publicas/2015/08/10/ingresos-petroleros-solo-representan-1864-presupuestarios
Only 18.65% back in the first trimester of 2014, just when the oil glut was starting
After the oil glut it went even lower, nowadays it's just 13% of the budget
>eleconomista.com.mx/finanzas-publicas/2016/06/19/ingresos-petroleros-tocan-minimos-solventan-solo-13-gasto-publico
It's even less significant GDP wise
Also, none of this takes into account the massive reserves saved during 2000-2012 that have kept the MXN from devaluating during the crisis that happened since 2008
>There's no fucking way U.S. farm lobby is going to let anybody get rid of the insane U.S. farm subsidies.
I still believe in Trump wrecking the lobbyists, though it's kinda delusional, I don't even see him really renegotiating NAFTA

ill be there in a week. got an exchange rate from my bank 19.10:1.

But Salinas saved Mexico from the commies (Cardenas)

They got to pay for the wall somehow

how pissed are you mexibros gonna be when trump wins? will you still be jovial?

ITAM is a private college m8 ;^)

>i-i-im not gonna be pissed! I'm a criollo m-m-m8 HAH! fuckin illegal spics are gonna be so pissed off h-haha! pls accept me Sup Forums sama I'm white too ;-;
-every mexishitter on Sup Forums ever

>how pissed are you mexibros gonna be when trump wins? will you still be jovial?
Personally? I would love for him to win, someone not grabbed by the balls by the military industrial complex would be great for the world.

Too bad he is not gonna win, like Assange said, he only has the evangelicals on his side, while Hillary has the banks, the defense industry and foreig money and interests behind her

youtube.com/watch?v=vST61W4bGm8

I just don't want Shillary to win

This !

For how long are those reserves going to last? Manufacturing isn't going to fill in the void left by oil in the next 4-5 years, the peso is irreversibly going down. Only the USD getting stronger will keep us on life support.

went CAD/CHF in order to CHF/USD in the event trump is elected. expecting a brexit effect on USD. Might rack up a few percents if I'm lucky.

>I would love for him to win, Sup Forums! see!? I'm just like you guys! pls love me i'm not like the other spics! ;-;
You're like a stupid bitch in an abusive relationship and it's pathetic. He hates your people. Most of us here hate you guys too. Your support for Trump is fucking pathetic.

>gaining
>almost back to where it was yesterday
Ok

There is a direct invert correlation between USD and Oil prices. Oil goes up when USD goes down.

Everyone will be crying blood until 2018

either way my wife and i will be in tulum either celebrating americas return to glory, or sobbing into shots of tequila like pussies. just wanted to know the general atmosphere surrounding the elections down there.

No one cares if Drumpf or Shillary wins.

Oil dependence has decreased massively after the energy reforms and tributary reforms, it doesn't matter much anymore, it seems you can't grasp the basic idea that Mexico isn't as dependent on oil as it used to be
Also, debt isn't even close to what it was in the 80's, there's literally no way another 80's/90's scenario happens again
At most we are getting a correction, like the one we are already going through
>h-he hates mexicans MSM told me so!
wew lad r u ctr
Also, great way to strawman the shit out of a post m8

>just wanted to know the general atmosphere surrounding the elections down there
Only the media cares, normal people just gloat whatever the media says when asked, but not even university SJW's care much if at all

Too bad you are too short sighted to see the big picture in politics user, do you remember how Obama said he was gonna close Gitmo, and may retards believed him, but he never did?.

Its like politicians say they will do things in campaign, but have no intention to do them once in the office. I know, Im shocked too, but, hey, its actually a thing, and it happens!!!!

Just one more thing user, once Trump loses to Hillary, accept that you supported him, not like 4 years ago, when most people on Sup Forums claimed no one ever supported Romney or were doing it ironically

>just wanted to know the general atmosphere surrounding the elections down there.
Damn, like said, most people dont give a fuck, but the ones that get their news MSMexican Media hate Trump with a burning passion because "mommy tv said Trump is a satanic racist from the 1488 dimension that eats mexican babies for dinner", I wouldn be surprised if people act rude towards you or your wife if Trump wins, if anyone ask you tell them you are from Canada or the UK