Non-white villains? Why are they so rare?

Non-white villains? Why are they so rare?

Because all the black ones get shot by the cops for resisting arrest.

This guy's fun

Tombstone
Barracuda
Bushmaster
Man-Ape
Bronze Tiger
Prowler
Off the top of my head.

Because masterminds require minds and comic writers are to scared to write black characters stupid for fear of SJW fury.

The Golden Claw (Parker's Agents of Atlas) is a well reimagined character.

>barracuda
I forgot all about this guy, he's threatening every time he shows up

Adding to this

Daniel West (Reverse Flash 52)
Diamond Back
Killer Croc
Shadow King
Alex from Runaways
Riri

What's his name again?

They are not that rare but mostly unused nowadays.
It's even worse if the protag is white or at least not black.

I like black villains a lot... that's what I really xall proggressiv.. kek

>Killer Croc
Is he even black?
The only time he was black that I remembered was Azz's Joker and that's non-canon

>Riri
>Alex Wilder
Sounds right

>Shadow King
Kek

Because black people dindu nuffin
Dem just misunderstood

They work as Henchmen for the white Guys

He looked kinda black.

He is now days, every since the Suicide Squad movie

black talon

Well, Manta has white henchmen.

I remember him being a guy with a skin condition, rather than a literal crocodile man.

Which does Sup Forums prefer?

There are a lot.

Apocalypse
Mojo
Mandarin
Sinestro
Silver Samurai
Shinobi Shaw
Lady Deathstrike
Kwannon
Cheshire
Lady Shiva
Ras Al Ghul
Talia Al Ghul
Black Adam
Avalanche
Harpoon
Mystique

You can also make the case for Magneto since he's a dirty gypsy jew

i.e. "non-white" doesn't necessarily mean "nigger"

oh, I almost forgot.

Kang.

So techincally...

WE

It was always sorta implied that Croc was black.
It makes perfect sense considering his character and gives him (much needed) depth.
Nothing to do with SS either, this idea was presented again and again in various comics long before that.

Daniel West was white.

Ultron
Dormmru
Shuma
Super Adaptoid
The Brood
Amazo
Gorilla Grodd
Starro
Larfleeze

What I ment was that the SS movie kind of solidified the idea that Croc was black, now that it's been established for the normie crowd there is no changing it.

Respectability politics. As much as people complain about having to act a certain way in public the very same people hate negative depictions so they often times hate non-white villains. There's also the fact that alot of people not just SJW types get uncomfortable when a white or male protag has to beat the shit out of a minority or female villain so most of these characters get segregated into minority/woman books even if they're great and deserve better exposure. If somebody has it, post that Monkey Island copy pasta about male vs female protags, it perfectly sums this thread up

Oroku Saki.

Yes and no. I'm sure you can find a bunch of idiots on twitter that will hate non-white villians all the time every time and I'm equally sure you or some other idiot is going to act like those mouth breathers make up the entirety of the complaints.
But believe it or not, there's reasonable people that can have a gripe. And often times it's not that they hate non-white villains but rather that they hate stereotypical characters. A black villian can be something other than a gangbanger. An Asian villain can be more than fu manchu or a ninja. The problem for a lot of people is a lack of variety, reliance on stereotypes, and pigeonholing more than existence.
For example, it wasn't the SJWs complaining about Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin. Because there was more to his performance than "LOL BET"

>Let's get more black villains
You think this going to go over well? If it were in the 80s, maybe.
>Riri
Kek

That's why I love Black Manta, he's a black villain but they made him an autistic scuba ninja instead of a shitty gangster

He's ridiculous

Avalanche and Mystique are white. Unless you think Greeks aren't white.

>The problem for a lot of people is a lack of variety, reliance on stereotypes, and pigeonholing more than existence.
No it's not. The problem is the majority of people have been bullied by a tiny vocal minority into subscribing to the notion that any negative depiction of a non-white race is racist. Unless of course it's minority vs minority, then they don't care.

Yes, you're so oppressed by the evil sjws. I feel so bad for you.

>Non-white villains? Why are they so rare nowadays?
Fify

>The problem is the majority of people have been bullied by a tiny vocal minority
What a crybaby bitch

This is Sup Forums. Even west germans aren't white enough for some of the guys here.

Are they even though? I mean shit. People scream about how Ms Marvel is sjw propaganda, but she had muslim antagonists. Champions, as shit as that book is, did that whole Not!Wrecking Crew that had some diversity in it. New Super-man is nothing but Chinese villains, right down to unearthing the very first one the company ever used and making him a major character.
No, I think this is more likely just a shitty bait thread made by an idiot that doesn't read books.

Most comic characters are just white in general, that's why there's a push to add more non white characters

That's 3

>le meme nigger
>threatening
No.

Three titles, multiple characters in those titles.
How many new characters, villains especially, do you even think get made in a year? Villains tend to stick around even more than the heroes do.

>you're so oppressed by the evil sjws
Can you point out exactly in my post where I said this? It's not like this notion is bogus either. Remember the outrage over the X-Men Apocalypse ad where Mysitque was being choked? A couple people whined very vocally and they had to change it.

No where in my post did I say SJW's were oppressing me, or even use the term. But somehow I struck a nerve eh?

>How many new characters, villains especially, do you even think get made in a year? Villains tend to stick around even more than the heroes do.
You are now part of shitty bait thread made by an idiot that doesn't read books.

Fuck, I remember the 80s and 90s. There's like a new villain almost every issue

I flat out said an idiot was going to come along and say that the tiny minority of braying jackasses represented the entirety of complaints. And lo, the clouds parted and the heavens gave me you. Because god forbid any legitimate arguments be made, nope, guys like you have to think everyone's as dumb and shallow as they are.
Go back to throwing tantrums over sauce, faggot, and leave comic books to those capable of reading them.

They're about as rare as non white heroes

Those were boom years though. The creation of new villains has died down comparatiely.
1990 was 27 years ago.

Most heroes fight aliens or freaks or other heroes

yeah but we have more comics today

Because unless you want dumb brute villains, you need charisma, emotional range and intelligence for your villains.

More comics, less staying power, and way, way less creativity.

Legacies heroes except for ms. Marvel get reused villains.

Modern cape writers have forgotten that cape stories hinge more on their villains than they do their heroes.
Which is why half they put out is hero versus hero stuff. X-men vs X-men, Avengers vs Avengers, Hulk vs Everyone, X-men vs Avengers, X-men vs Inhumans, Inhumans vs Avengers, Avengers vs Avengers II.
Meanwhile I'm sitting here wondering what Kang's up to.

>tfw no new villains worth a damn in general
Why is it so hard for creators? I can name only a handful of villains from the last ten years that actually left an impression on me.

Daniel West is white as can be. He had jungle fever.

That is why civil war is dumb, it destroy characters realtionships. Civil war shouldn't have a sequal.

Let's play a game, Sup Forums.
Name new cape comics villains from the last 10 years that you liked and/or think have potential
I'll start
>Doctor Rot from Aaron's Wolverine
>Jack O'Lantern from Remender's Venom
>Archangel as Apocalypse (technically he was brainwashed into becoming an entirely different character from Archangel, so kind of counts)
>Mr Bloom from Snyder's Batman

Cyclops

I bet you like the Inhumans.

Giant Chicken.
"The chicken said peep"

Don't be silly.
Nobody likes the Inhumans

I liked the Parliament of Machines/The Rhythm
Doctor Hurt is pretty good
The First Firmament was decent
The Gentry and The Empty Hand have potential even if they are pretty on-the-nose
... honestly I'm drawing blanks for the most part.

What did they mean by this anyway?

I liked female Ventriloquist from Batgirl/N52Secret Six

Something about Gail Simone villains she makes just ring right with me.

The same reason non-white heroes were rare until the 70s, only there isn't a push to have more bad guys not be straight white dudes. Not that it doesn't happen but outside of Magneto no one's saying like, "hey, you know, it's time for a black rainbow raider."

The Inhumans totally have their culture and the nature of terragenesis changed from a solemn affair that ends up in the victim transforming into an alpha primitive as often as not, and whatever the fuck this is.

Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl protecting the royal family when they can't stand them in their books really pissed me off.

Babs never fails to make my pee pee stiff

that or the "making minorities bad guys is racist" screaming

>greeks
>white

Next you'll pretend the Irish or Slavs are white

Mondoglycerin

>People scream about how Ms Marvel is sjw propaganda, but she had muslim antagonists. Champions, as shit as that book is, did that whole Not!Wrecking Crew that had some diversity in it.

This is why I don't consider those books SJW, and why SJWs haven't latched onto them.
For all of Champions' talk about "punching up", they never used it in the SJW context of race and gender, rather talking about wealth, class, and actual physical power.

Every time DC/marvel introduces non-white characters, some type of stereotype is portrayed.

His hate is amazing.

Honestly this. They have as much awareness as the WWE

>Monkey Island copy pasta about male vs female protags
Can you explain the basic jist of it? I'm interested.

>Parliament of Machines/The Rhythm
A good addition to the Swamp Thing mythos.

He would actually screech too

CHICKEN ARISE

truth

But he's right.

Professor Pyg is under a decade old! hats off to Morrison, he made a bat-villain that fits perfectly in the pantheon in a way that nobody but Bane and harley had managed since the 90s.

Not him, and I don't have it either, but it was basically using Moneky Island's protagonist as an example. Guybrush Threepwood is a super flawed protagonist who's a huge pussy and not very capable. Then it presented the question, how would people react if he was a woman? Of course, the answer is, people would lose their fucking minds over the "sexist" portrayal because many people seem incapable of separating one character from their entire race/gender when they aren't a white male, so how the hell can new interesting characters be made that aren't white males if everyone flipped out when they did anything wrong?
I have an even more Sup Forums revelent example this could be applied to: Guy Gardner. What if Guy was black? How do you think people would react?

I thought about this for a little bit and really considered what you were saying, because the way I've seen it it's always been twitter SJWs saying outlandish shit. I thought of how nobody ever seems to go after Black Manta because he's actually a great black villain. But then I realized: how many people actually know about Black Manta? The only time he's gotten any exposure outside of comics has been in Super Friends, Young Justice, and now Injustice 2, and none of these really captured the essence of the Aquaman-hating autistic ninja we love. So, honestly, I think the only reason these reactionary twitter SJWs aren't bitching about characters like Black Manta is because, since they don't actually read comic books, they don't even know who he is. Can I prove this? Of course not, not yet anyway. But remember this post when the Aquaman movie comes out, and Black Manta gets his first real introduction to a much wider audience. If his portrayal is accurrate, and they still find a way to bitch about him and say he's a racist or problematic (which you know at least a few will), then you'll know.

Congratulations, you fell into his trap.

He's actually pretty intelligent and cunning on top of being strong as fuck, and just acts like a stereotypical 'hood nigga' to get people to underestimate him. He's like if Bane ran around in a poncho and only spoke in broken Spanish.

Man the new justice league movie reminds me how badly they needed the Injustice league

Who honesty cares about parademons?

I'm sad she never took off. I think she fits with the Bat-franchise far better than the other two. Wesker and Riley don't really stand out among Batman's "weird gangster" rogues.

That's because Pyg is simply edgy Mad Hatter created because no one cared about Morrison's attempt to make Mad Hatter edgy.