Didn't see a thread for this, so here's Hellboy's gameplay trailer for Injustice 2

Didn't see a thread for this, so here's Hellboy's gameplay trailer for Injustice 2
youtube.com/watch?v=b0_WsYSiGz0
He's about the only guest I care for

Was that Excalibur he whipped out?

Looks fucking amazing.
>those flaming horns and crown
>that trip to Hell

Seems like it. Also I can appreciate that some of his moves are done with trinkets/amulets

Either that or the sword he has in all those prophecies of the apocalypse, though given its Gold/yellow its probably Excalibur.

Why the shit does he have human legs you lazy fucks?

they fucked up his hands when he switches sides lmao

Meanwhile MVCI is dead and SFV is shit

Is he supposed to look different?

>Mignola, Netherrealm, Dark Horse and DC can get together to do cool things like this with no problems
>Marvel picks up its toys and pouts in a corner at the thought of cross-licensing

I don't get it. They used to be better than this, we used to get fun DC/Marvel crossovers and Amalgam. A Marvel Vs DC game would potentially be amazing. Why do they hate fun so much?

The Mouse Lawers according to people who’ve asked them.

He’s supposed to have goat legs, being a literal devil and all.

i blame ike

Apparently Quesada basically nuked any chance of interaction during his tenure as EiC.

The original Marvel vs. DC and Amalgam literally were only done because Marvel was absolutely desperate for money.

Marvel has always touted their brand as being superior to DC, at least the corporate side, and the suits feel crossing over with DC "devalues" it. And this has only gotten even worse with Disney and the movies showing how absolutely massive these brands are.

It's ironic because despite Marvel's underdog status being what has won it so many fans, it's been far more corporate controlled and stuffy than DC since the early 70's.

Except both crossovers happened under Ike

I can still see hooves at least

true that very well likely has something to do with it now but Marvel had been largely anti-crossover since the early 00's.

Meanwhile DC and Darkhorse have had a very well working crossover partnership since the early to mid 90's, with IDW having joined into regular crossovers with both companies in similar fashion in recent years.

Only thing im disappointed about is that no one in either company has ever thought to have Hellboy and Etrigen meet.

and JLA/Avengers was canon for both sides until N52 and Secret Wars blew up everything, and its sequence will never happen thanks to fucking Quesadilla and Brevoort

>Quicksilver Creating marvel's speedforce along with Barry and Wally, Barry remembering his days as Buried Allen thanks to Quasar and Johnny blaze

Wasn't JLA/Avengers also partially responsible for House of M?

Noticed that too. So much for the "Right Hand of Doom". How is it that a supposedly 3D fighter resorts to mirror-imaging when a character switches from facing left to right? That's some lazy-ass game design.

Yep, Scarlet witch started to go NUTS during JLA/Avengers, and the Cosmic EGG was born during said event

it affected both sides, and all of this was a bet between the Grandmaster and Metron

Probably gameplay balancing and preserving the character's hitbox.

Blame Ed Boon and Netherrealm.

A 3D fighter has to have a stance mechanic in order to do asymmetrical fighters properly. Otherwise, a punch with the bigger hand would have a different hitbox depending on which way he was facing. My guess is that the base game didn't have any characters who required it, so they took the easy way out by giving left and right the same hitboxes.

In other words Oror's V-skill/trigger would be switching arms or using both?

I like that he's less detailed than the standard Injustice characters so he can look like a Mignolia drawing.

Looks like he got Doomsday's armor trait.

Can't fucking wait

Except you might notice that sometimes the big hand is on the backside anyway. It seems to go back and forth for no reason. This isn't even just the model being mirrored, which confuses me more.

>No Ron

Be thankful that at least they're skinnier like in Mignola's art and not just normal legs like the Perlman version.

The Goon when?

Stop pretending to know what you're talking about. His legs were never digitigrade goat legs, they were normal legs with hooved feet.

Switching hands of Doom does sound a lot more scary then right hand of Doom

That looks fucking awful

But I guess I shouldn't really be surprised at this point

>itt: idiots dont know how fighting game animations work

Never said I did. Just that Netherrealms and Ed Boon are incompetent.

Fun fact: Ed Boon's least favorite MK character is Drahmin, this guy who, not unlike Hellboy, had asymmetrical hands. The reason Ed hates him so much is because they actually DID program it so that Drahmin's club-hand would stay on the proper side when the direction he was facing changed, and it was SUCH a pain in the ass that Ed never wants to see the character again.

And that's why they didn't fucking bother with Hellboy.

Looks too cartoony imho. They should've given his skin a more textured look

Seems a bit uninventive, honestly. They could literally recycle all his animations other than the super for Frankenstein.

>that screenshot in the OP
Is it supposed to look like he's from a game on a PS3?

Wahhhhh wahhhhh its so hard to animate a fucking side-scrolling fighting game.

Fucking pathetic

He's supposed to look like he's in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

>Never said I did. Just that Netherrealms and Ed Boon are incompetent.
Its a balancing, programming, and gameplay issue you fucking idiot.

You need to be able to do the exact same moves with the same hitbox and the same area of attack whether you're on the left or right, thats how 2D plane fighting games work. The reason he flips the hand is so the animations can be mirrored to keep him balanced and consistent in regards to gameplay. The reason it flips even if he's on the same side is because he turns away from the camera, which again, mirrors the animations for consistent balance and gameplay.

Stop being such a dumb fucking sperg.

Don't bother reasoning, they have their mind set on being dumbasses for no reason, user.

Again though, that isn't even entirely the case. There are multiple times in the video that the big hand is on the far side of the screen. This isn't just the model being flipped.

BECAUSE HE'S TURNED AWAY FROM THE CAMERA.

When he's front facing, the arm is to the far side, when he's back facing, his arm is to the far side.

This is necessary for gameplay consistency and balance, how many times do i need to say that?

why are retards trying so hard to hate this

So I recent read the first two volume of hellboy and there is one thing I don't understand. Maybe I'm asking for one big spoiler here but what exactly is the relationship between hellboy, Satan and the serpent/the dragon.

You know, I totally spaced that NRS games have the dumb stance thing.

>muh tism over fighting game mechanics necessitating muh right hand of doom cant be just on muh right hand
>muh goat legs that never actually existed

I wouldnt say its dumb, it makes combat faster because instead of having to animate the return to the base animation facing front, it just flips to a back facing stance.
Its rather clever in that regard actually.

Having the stance swap button is super dumb though. It's one of those things you don't think about being there when you're playing though. It's kind of just this use case where it seems obviously flawed.

keep reading boyo

Wait, did he switch which hand has the stone fist?

Why does he switch his hand?

See: &

so retards are going to be crying about the switch which now

Except the fact that they did it before a lot of characters in mk9 and x by letting you switch which way your body was facing to help mix up the opponent

They will if it causes this much ass hurt.

Have you considered that may be exactly what they're trying to do?

Every single character in 9 and X attacks symmetrically. Hellboy's Right Hand of Doom and Drahmin's Club are used for specific strikes and thus HAVE to be attached to the dominantly animated hand.

If Drahmin were in MKX and you hit the stance switch, his club would move to the wrong arm because unlike, for example, Kano's eyepiece, it's not built into the character model, it has its own model which is attached.

You can see some funkiness of this variety in Armageddon where they made Drahmin's club a "weapon stance" that comes off so they could give him new fighting styles, because the ones he had in MKDA had no combo strings and weren't fun to play at all so they ditched them.

its not as big as a problem as you are trying to make it out to be

I have a feeling the last 2 unknown characters are really disappointing

Ultimate version with actual comic costumes when, inb4 that one autistic user that posts his cosplay tier armors

Perhaps not for a good developer, but It was for Ed.

What I said about Drahmin wasn't me making shit up, it's something he has said on Twitter and in interviews multiple times. Drahmin legitimatelty IS his least-favorite character, specifically because of programming memories.

It's going to be Scorpion and Spawn. I can feel it.

>Frankenstein skin

Which part is bait user?

all of it

Why do you think that? Boon interviews aren't hard to find. He's mentioned the Drahmin's arm thing multiple times.

Hell, why do you think Freddy had TWO gloves in MK9?

Drahmin is not hell boy you fucking idiot

user do you feel well?

How are you still alive if you're this fucking stupid, you'd have to have forgotten how to breath years ago.

What?

His point was that Drahmin had an asymmetrical design and an asymmetrical moveset that was hellish to actually implement with asymmetrical animations and not worth the effort you complte fucking moron.

GUESS WHO ELSE HAS AN ASYMMETRICAL DESIGN AND ASYMMETRICAL MOVESET.

are you fucking retarded

Are you, user? What exactly is wrong with you?

No please user. Help us retards understand. Impart your wisdom.

Shut the fuck up autist

Most of the recent problems with Marvel COMICS can be traced back to a single root cause.
Ike

Drahmin's club always stayed on the proper hand, no matter which direction he was facing or which attack animation he was doing. Ed hated getting this to work. It apparently caused a lot of glitches and extra testing and work during development.

Hellboy's hand moves all the fuck around.

Now you hopefully understand what the conversation is about.

Also note that other modern 2D fighters ALSO rarely bother with programming that would keep the right and left where they should be when an asymmetrical character changes facing. Gargos in KI, for example.

go away you fucking retards you are crying over the most retarded shit you can

Shit, I meant Eyedol not Gargos.

>go away
Not if you're going to cry user.

Give him Ron Pearlman's voice and I am in!

>REE STOP YELLING AT ME FOR BEING AN IDIOT
>ON
>MY
>THAILANDIC
>YAK SKIN
>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>NOORMIEESS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm not actually complaining about Hellboy's hand.

I, as an MK fan, thought I'd share a funny anecdote related to the Hellboy's hand thing that people were already talking about. You, being the screeching autist you are, have spent the past hour being mad about that for no good god damned reason and calling it "bait" which isn't even what that word means. Bait is when you lie or troll to get people to argue.

If I WAS baiting, I'd have to be making up the fact that Ed hates Drahmin, and by the way, I would have succeeded, because look at you chimping the fuck out and losing your mind while other people were having a casual conversation about something mildly amusing.

I feel like this is the same autist responsible for the "REE STOP BEING DISINGENUOUS WITH YOUR JOKES" from that one DC thread yesterday.

you are saying that ed hates Drahmin so much that everybody hates hell boy because of his you sound fucking stupid and i know he hates Drahmin everybody hates him

So what kind of gear are you expecting for Hellboy? Overdesigned I'm sure

>you are saying that ed hates Drahmin so much that everybody hates hell boy because of his
Try harder my dude.