Samurai Jack Blu Ray

How is there still no torrent?

Other urls found in this thread:

caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=1895&d2=4749&s1=17701&s2=44171&i=3&l=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the web-dls look fine.

The blurays look better but most people simply won't bother for that slight difference in quality.

Seems like there must be a limited supply. I saw the price jump $20 in a week.

NO SOUNDTRACK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because nobody gives a shit after season 5 and that finale.

Is it region-free?

I'll order it when they fix that typo on the packaging.

Because the discs have cropping! The original DVDs are still superior.

Ashi a shit

>no torrent
Plenty of torment, tho.

I'm sure this Blu Ray has an extended and better finale

Of course not. This isn't anime you idiot.

So are the original four seasons upscaled?

Yes, but they are also cropped. Meaning you lose some footage on all sides compared to the DVDs.

Without Aku...there wouldn't be any torrent

Wow. Yeah this has just tipped the scale for me. I'm not shelling out a fucking dime for what /t/ put together for ATLA and uploaded as a passion project.

>It's the show you know and love except upscaled and then butchered to fit your modern television. On sale now

Yeah no. Fuck that. Put the work in distributor.

There's a season 5 soundtrack in case you want that, though. It's much better than the season itself, haha.

Everyone's too busy jacking off to Ashi.

There's also the original 10-track OST for seasons 1-4. You should be able to find a torrent.

It's not upscaled, it's remastered from the original background paintings.

Shit, you're right. Fucking confusing terminology.

But what I said in still applies, though.

You may actually have to spend money and support a series you claim to be a fan of.

After season 5 you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone on Sup Forums who claims to be a Samurai Jack fan, though.

I'm a Samurai Jack fan : (

Shit dude I'd consider myself a spider-man fan despite the recent Dan Slott writing. Just becuase the most recent notable iteration of something is bad doesn't mean I have to stop being a fan. I'm a Minnesota fan and they haven't been enjoyable to watch since Brett Favre and a threat to any team since the 60s and the purple people eater. Still a fan though.

Your examples aren't remotely comparable. SJ isn't a massive franchise with numerous writers, it's a single cohesive show. Which just got ruined.

so you cant enjoy s1-4 or the good episodes of 5?

It has a severe impact on them, which also makes people ashamed of calling themselves fans of the show.

But they apparently weren't cropped to resize them. Supposedly there was some damage around the edges of the originals.

And yet the DVDs include the full scans without apparent damage.

How long ago were the DVDs released?

Don't know, don't care. All I know here is that the footage exists, but the "remasters" don't have it.
Therefore the Blu-rays are a non-starter, period.

If your implication is that the edges were damaged afterwards, they should have combined the footage and upscaled just those parts if it was really impossible to restore it (which is highly doubtful BTW).

because better nothing ever end or resolve so we can sit an eternal stalemate where we pretend the ending will be awesome but never happens, because delusion is better than having actual conclusion

you overhyped the idea of a finale in your head to the point an actual finale would have never been as satisfying as your own 'idea' of the finale. the series cheated years of shit from a network that can and has literally sold away ips for tax write offs so they can never finish ever (megas XLR) to come back and finally finish instead of feeling ANY pride the series was actually loved enough even after that to get to actually finish it's story, you want to throw childish fits and declare the entire thing is ruined now because of one thing not being perfect compared to a decade of delusion.

Yeah they aren't the greatest episodes ever, but they could have been WAY worse than you realize. it could have ended with Jack dying and Ashi doing 'his' quest, it could have ended with 'there must always been an Aku' level shit, it could have ended with 'lawl restart at episode one future time loop.'

>The original DVDs are still superior.
no, they're not. They be cropped a little, but the picture quality is still better

Picture sharpness is far, far, FAR less important than having the whole picture in the first place.

You're borderline being autistic about this. Do you realize how many films have their negative rescanned for to be remastered, only for the framing to be slightly different? Here's an example
caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=1895&d2=4749&s1=17701&s2=44171&i=3&l=0

People and filmmakers rarely care about this shit. The same thing happened to Jack.

>only watched like the first 2 or 3 episodes of season 5,then fell behind and never caught up
Does it just get bad from there or do people think those episodes were bad too?

I liked it up until the ending, whee it tripped at the finish line. It's a little rushed, but still enjoyable. No idea why Sup Forums has such a raging hateboner for it.

>losing a large chunk of the show itself
>"you're being autistic!"
Fuck you, user.

>A large chunk

It's slightly zoomed in, user. You're not losing anything too important.

Says you. Every fucking pixel is important, dipshit.