/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Petition to Rename the Thread to "Star Wars Walkers and Starships" Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E5/6: "The Occupation/Flight of the Defender" (Mon 30)
The Legends of Luke Skywalker (Journey to The Last Jedi) (Tue 31)
Darth Vader #7: Legacy's End (Wed 1)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: In the Name of the Rebellion, Parts 1 and 2
youtube.com/watch?v=XO8tJ4G1mag

>New Rebels Previews
youtube.com/watch?v=7ycbZWrDMiE
youtube.com/watch?v=zttwn-INyj8

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-AIH28G2YRo

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - BTS
youtube.com/watch?v=Xj6wvL1iYVU

>Star Wars Battlefront 2 Single Player Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=FNUTWw17rkM

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-AIH28G2YRo
io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-rebels-dave-filoni-on-its-final-season-and-h-1819877875
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

meth wolves > loth wolves]

POST HATS

>>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
>youtube.com/watch?v=-AIH28G2YRo

Why doesn't he look like Whitaker?

serves me right for copypasting most of the OP instead of checking each and every link
also I put "Out This Week" instead of "Out Next Week" like I was supposed to

That petition sounds fun.

Also, I don't think we'll ever get rid of that trailer link, but a good chuckle is good every now and then.

>proof positive for that idiot who denied the existence of saw having a cape in the movie

because that's like 20 years before they cast a live action character
are we complaining that TCW Anakin doesn't really look anything like Hayden now?

Just fwiw, costumes in promo shoots don't necessarily relate to what's in the movie. Not that that applies here, but still.

>are we complaining that TCW Anakin doesn't really look anything like Hayden now?
Say what now?

>because that's like 20 years before they cast a live action character

>tfw TCW was 20 years ago

I'm brown haired and white too but that doesn't make me Hayden Christensen

Roughly how old was Saw in the Clone Wars? He looked to be about 20.

Ok, you're legitimately retarded if you think Saw looks as similar to his actor as the rest. Those are all spot on, aside from maybe Rebels Yoda.

I don't even care about the look consistency - they were casting an actor to play an animated role, rather than the other way around. Of course it wouldn't be perfect. But don't act like you actually think he looks like TCW saw.

20 years before his appearance in rogue one obv

I thought he was early 20s too, but considering how he winds up looking in RO he could be early 30s
That could make it extremely lewd because Steela is presumably closer to his age than she is to Lux, who is scarcely older than Ahsoka, only like 17-20

For the record, this is what real life Saw looked like 20 years ago.

>John Travolta
please tell me this isn't battlefield earth

Holy fuck

>travolta

Shit

I can see it.

>“Everything [in season four] is kind of magnified,” Filoni told io9. “You have to look at the whole season and say, ‘This is all the space I have to tell this story of how this all goes.’ So you can’t waste anything. Especially knowing where the galaxy’s at by the end of it. We have a pretty good idea based on the films what we’re dealing with. So those are the challenges. But I have to say I’m pretty pleased with how it all worked out in the end.”

>“Sometimes, unfortunately, in answering things, you’re only asking more questions,” he said. “What is an end for people? Right? Is it only when the character dies? Is that when it’s finally over? You know, I don’t know quite what the exact answer to that question is.”

>“I’d like to think we answer some of the more important questions. But there are always, I suspect, things that people are left wondering,” Filoni said. “And I do think that’s a good thing. It’s kind of what fueled many things that we loved growing up. Just wondering ‘Why?’ or ‘What happens next?’”

>“The end of the series really satisfies a bunch of different needs for Star Wars fans,” Filoni said. “Because, you know, Star Wars really takes on many different shapes. It accomplishes many things. Sometimes it’s a space-oriented battle. Sometimes it’s about Jedi mysticism or the camaraderie of the characters in a Butch Cassidy shoot-em-up. We really found a way to incorporate all these different aspects of Star Wars into our finale in a way to make the characters shine with an eye on connecting many different things.”

>“As a die-hard Star Wars fan for many years, I was able to set things up in season one of the series that really pay off finally in season four,” Filoni teased. “It was difficult, [but] there was some architecture that I was laying around the Jedi that we were really able to pay off.”

>“Certainly, I never dreamed in my wildest imagination that I would be someone defining the Clone Wars alongside George Lucas,” Filoni said. “My brother and I used to talk about the Clone Wars as kids. I hope we’ve done that for kids, and I look forward to seeing their stories or shaking my cane at them because they got it wrong. But... either way, it’ll be fun.”

>I have an incredibly talented group of people working here [at Lucasfilm]. They’ve worked for me all 12 years that I’ve been here. So I feel indebted to them and want to keep creating work for them so they can use their abilities and tell great stories. I also want to keep pushing myself into areas that are challenging and new. I’ve had a lot of experience now interacting with live-action directors like Rian Johnson who’s been really wonderful to me and showing me what their production is like.

>I want to celebrate stories, and it doesn’t matter what medium its in. I don’t care — big screen, small screen — I just need space to tell a story. And do it as best I can. That’s my goal in the end. So we’ll have to see what form that takes in the future. ...But let’s just put it this way. I learned from the best.”

>“I feel rather indebted to George for the knowledge that he gave me,” Filoni said. “And it’s part of my responsibility to try to help other people maintain what makes Star Wars such a wonderful universe to visit.”

io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-rebels-dave-filoni-on-its-final-season-and-h-1819877875

Dont try start this again after you got BTFO last time

give her a hat

Wow, thats actually surprisingly close, just look at the eyes, nose and lips

How the fuck did Lucas do it?

>I learned from the best

>Lucas
What did he mean by this?

>master race

>big screen, small screen — I just need space to tell a story
>So we’ll have to see what form that takes in the future.
>...But let’s just put it this way. I learned from the best.
W H A T

WHAT DID FILONI MEAN BY THIS?

FILONI MOVIE?!

Saw Gerrera is specifically a Lucas creation, and he was very involved with giving Saw a story in TCW.

>Ahsoka: Siege of Mandalore film confirmed

*tips fedora*
Milady

Yet he had nothing to do with Forest's casting, so the matching character isn't a Lucas thing at all.

WHERE IN THE GALAXY IS

RAE SLOANE

I'll take THINGS THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN for $500

That's actually a question I'd like answered after reading Phasma.

I was joking mate, I know Lucas most likely didn't have Whitaker in mind at the time.

It's still quite funny how much young Whitaker actually does look like TCW Saw, even if only as a happy coincidence. Especially after last threads drama with the guy who was convinced Saw was a last-minute retcon because he didn't look enough like his 20-year-younger counterpart.

For what it's worth, I legitimately believe that Whitaker became Saw at a late point in production, probably even after Whitaker had been cast.

But even if that's the case, why would anyone care?

That belief makes no logical sense and contradicts all evidence we have. You seriously think that people don't even have the name of a major character in a film set until the middle of production? Lucas always fooled around with his scripts, but he didn't change Mace Windee to Obi-wan Kenobi halfway into shooting Star Wars in 1976.

>mace windee
Kek

But no, I don't mean halfway through they were shooting the movie by any means. By "late in production" I mean in a late draft or something. Saw's role in the movie could've absolutely been a new character without changing anything; the connection to his TCW character was all done later.

Again - that's not a bad thing. I think they had this character, maybe even the actor, and said "hey, you know what would be cool? If this was Saw from TCW"

The main point of the debate was that user believed that Saw in Rogue One looked so different to TCW Saw that they likely had the character finished and they tacked on the name after.

But this was in spite of;

>Lucasfilm saying otherwise
>Gareth saying otherwise
>Forest saying otherwise
>Costume design saying otherwise (Onderon Flag and identicle armor markings meaning they HAD to have decided it was Saw before filming)
>Reshoots having nothing to do with Whitaker/Jedha scenes so there was no way they could have reshot to change any mention of the character to Saw

So no matter how "late" in production Saw's inclusion was decided, it was still done before Whitaker's character design was even finished for filming and Gareth/Whitaker fully knew about the reprisal of the TCW character going into filming, so I don't even get why he was so mad about it.

My guess is that he was just a Sup Forums fag desperately trying to discredit that Lucasfilm would have the AUDACITY to use a non-movie character in a movie.

What is you getting laid?

>*tips fedora*

nobody who posts on this site thinks they are ever getting laid

>young Whitaker actually does look like TCW Saw,
m8 wat are you on about

See: I can 100% see young Forest as a Live-Action Saw. He's just as close to his TCW counterpart as Hayden and Ewan are to theirs if you ask me.

best hat

also Piett you an admiral now why are you crying?

user, that's James Earl Jones, voice of Darth Vader. I agree that Saw looks close enough across mediums, but come on

m8

>So no matter how "late" in production Saw's inclusion was decided, it was still done before Whitaker's character design was even finished for filming and Gareth/Whitaker fully knew about the reprisal of the TCW character going into filming, so I don't even get why he was so mad about it.
Oh yeah, there's no doubt about that.

However, I'd wager most of the changes to match TCW were cosmetic and that the part was pretty much already finalized from a story standpoint then.

But again, that's just speculation and it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

Nigger I'm married

so of course I'm not getting laid

oh how embarassing

RARE HATLESS DAVE

The only way you could be getting any less sex was if you were Jewish.

bitch I have pushed 2 kids out of me

>earl james jones

Admiral Piett and General Veers are true bros

How does a guy push kids out?

>Anakin replaced his body with robot parts
>Saw replaced his body with robot parts
>young Saw looks like young James Earl Jones
POTTERY

That dummy honestly belongs in the Smithsonian or something

That's a stuntman not a ragdoll

How the FUCK does he do it???

>they only filmed that once
>see Jazz walk into the scene wearing that outfit
>oohhhhh it's gonna happen!

fucking kek

Just finished listening to the audiobook of this.

What did you guys think?

I liked it, but the part where they're infiltrating the Dreamers kinda dragged a bit.

I liked it, but it was a bummer that it wasn't the elite squad war book I was hoping for.

I enjoyed it but I wasn't a fan of Iden getting upset over the death of the Dreamers. After Seyn's death she seemed ready to kill them all herself.

We're never gonna get a book like that. Closest we got was Traviss and...well...it wasn't worth the price of admission. Nothing wrong with fleshing out a culture or species. But her flat-out disdain for pretty much anyone or anything that wasn't Mando was just too much.
My question is how the FUCK Lucasfilm and the editors let her get away with it for so long

Pretty crap. A whole squad of Mary Sues in a book about women and the best character ends up being a dude. You could also tell the writer had no idea how to write a sympathetic Imperial.

the fug is this

Twilight Company was a pretty good war book, so I wouldn't say we'll never get something like that.

>My question is how the FUCK Lucasfilm and the editors let her get away with it for so long

Because it was the EU. Literally no one gave a shit.

What is the most dastardly weapon in the Empire's arsenal?

I think the big cutty machine is the worst.

best hats and sexy uniforms, prove me wrong

>Because it was the EU. Literally no one gave a shit.
Fuck off underage. Clearly you're not old enough to remember the media push for SotE
I'm not defending the EU as a whole by any means, but there was obviously a Lucasfilm team that oversaw what did and didn't make it into the novels. Which is why Yoda's race was never revealed, no movie heroes were killed until NJO. And even then, the only character they were allowed to kill was fuckin Chewie. Trying to fool people into thinking "no one is safe!"

I didn't mean no one read it or that they didn't oversee it, but anything they wanted that didn't get in the way of their certain guidelines (ie "no movie characters die) they were allowed to do. They had no plans for the Mangos, so they told Traviss she could do whatever she wanted.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the "olive drab" motif that the Resistance soldiers have going on?
I like it better than the FO nazi edgelord school-shooter coats.
Of course nothing can touch the classic Imperial uniforms

Its crazy i see people say this. maybe its just b/c its only been 2 years, but we still fuck like rabbits. we do SOMETHING almsot every day, even if we only have sex once or twice a week.

But thats like, 50x more sex than I ever got when I was single.

>not using old galoob action fleet atats
you had one fucking job

Ah I see what you mean now, sorry for my bitchy response.
That makes a lot more sense. Once the "powers that be" had plans for the Mandos in the TV show, they just swept all her existing canon into the trash bin which explains her bitchfit.
I guess I was kinda overestimating editorial. After all, one of my favorite story collections featured the awful tale of IG-88 taking over the Death Star's systems during Endor

That doesnt really stand up to the quality of the ffg cruiser either. I dont know if any ATAT wouldnt stick out, but I would be happy to be proven wrong

Thanks for reminding me I haven't had an opportunity to post this in a while.
>Luke did I ever tell you about the time the droid bounty hunter IG-88 hacked the mainframe of the second Death Star during the Battle of Endor in an attempt to start a droid uprising and galactic purge of organic life while Emperor Sheev Palpatine used Force Real Time Strategy Game Unit Buff to mind control the Imperial Starfleet in preparation for the invasion of the galaxy by luddite Force-immune cenobites out of a Warhammer 40000 fanfiction called the Yuuzhan Vong, who were fleeing the Abominors, a mechanical race of despotic debauched homosexual rapist Tonka Truck Transformers, in order to bring about the genocide of all infidel races, causing Han Solo and Leia Organa's war hero son Jacen Solo to turn to the dark side and become Darth Caedus, the leader of a new sith empire who killed Luke Skywalker's wife Mara Jade, the former force sensitive imperial assassin, for the purpose of getting Luke to turn to the dark side by having him take revenge upon him?
>They were not good friends.

But in all honesty Traviss herself had a large following of proto-tumblr slash fic yaoi fangirl types that are the same reason Chuck Wendig got noticed by Disney - vocal minority.

It's a joke, user. Possibly the oldest one in existence.

I think there's Bandai and Revell models out there, probably some more Japanese brands I don't know about

Daily reminder that the EU had a character named Luuke

I was making one of the old classic Jewish-American Princess (JAP) jokes about Jewish matrons never putting out for their husbands to the point where neither of them want it. Sort of like Married With Children.

who's ripping off who's

maybe the die cast ATAT?

Was that who Aunt Beru was actually calling to in ANH?