Teen Titans General

Can we talk about how GOOD this series is?

Even though the series ended a decade or so ago, it still manages to hold up. Went through the episode list on the wiki and couldn't believe I actually missed some.

Now would also be a good time to post lewd and ecchi female characters from the show.

I'd kill for a reboot to this series instead the OTHER thing that's running.

Meh, pandered to young nerds who grew up on beta shit like anime instead of alpha shows like the DCAU

Bad humor found only in the most garbage low effort anime like Pokemon, DBZ, Beyblade, Bakugan, etc , but those are the autists the show was always meant to appeal to, not actual comic fans

MUST you be such a buzzkill?

>>Bad humor
That mostly depends on which episode is being watched at any one time and you know it.

It's the second-best cartoon ever made. It's better than Avatar, mainly due to the characterization. (The Gaang could get severely grating at times.)

What's the first-best then?

W.I.T.C.H.
But it's competitive with the best anime, it's hard for any cartoon to even come close to its quality.

it wasn't very good.

But now I feel like I've derailed the thread, so let me just quote myself on the subject of TT: >Awesome characterization, humor, plots, art, and music. What else do you want from a cartoon?

Why do people keep saying there were two seasons?

There were 5 total.

Many if not most viewers didn't watch the 5th season because it got so much hate that it was underpromoted, dunno about the others though.

There he is!

The art was okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

The art is stunning in HD, you just didn't watch it in sufficiently high quality (not your fault as HD wasn't aired back in the day). Here's an example.

Eh, still doesn't look amazing to me, but I've never been the biggest fan of the pseudo-anime style, although there's nothing that's really wrong with it despite the titans looking out of place and scale.

>despite the titans looking out of place and scale.
If you recall the episode, it pans out from the main Titans to the rest. That's why they're drawn a bit differently, more detail was needed.

Though personally I think it adds a nice touch, shows the "core" group and then everyone else.

Well, I haven't watched more than a few episodes so I can't really say anything on the subject. I guess I'm just a fan of more cartoony artstyles.

I wonder why DC is so uptight on destroying the comic continuity of these guys so this quintet (and the other O5 Titans with Robin) never had any real history with each other, considering how beloved this series is.

>giant oversized heads
>giant pulsing stress marks
>falling over for no reason, cause that's funny to the weeb

Yeah no thanks

I love the old Teen Titans show but I think the fans need to let it go. It ended in 2006 it's never going to get another season.

Where is this from?

I'm content with it as it is, and don't really need more. But it's kind of irritating that the spoof show has claimed to be the canonical follow-up and can't resist many oppotunities to go 'UGH, those other fans, am I right?' It's the same problem modern-day Simpsons has, in a way.

That's only a small part of the humor, dumbass. Try finding something like this in another cartoon:
>Beast Boy: Why are ducks so funny? Because they’re always “quacking” jokes!
>Raven: Pull over. I think I’m going to be sick.
>Starfire: Oh I see. It is humorous because ducks lack the large brain necessary for the telling of jokes.
>Robin: Actually Starfire, it just… wasn’t humorous.
>Raven: Because Beast Boy lacks the large brain necessary for telling jokes.
[later]
>Why did the aardvark cross the road?
>To beat up the idiot telling jokes about him.

The biggest problem with the show is the fambase. The entire point of the finale was that things change, you can't get what you want, and that you need to move on. Then we get
>WHY DID IT END ON A CLIFFHANGER
>WHEN ARE WE GETTING MORE
>NOTHING WILL BE BETTER THAN THIs
The whole message just flew over their heads and created a self entitled whiney fanbase. I don't even watch Teen Titans Go!, but the fanbase deserves to be mocked since they're the reason it exists in the first place.

As much as I love Adventure Time, I think this show greatly benefited from airing before AT. AT introduced this type of nonsequitor humor into the mainstream. Such humor would have been out of place in TT. It wouldn't have worked with the pacing or the tone. One could argue that TT + AT = TTG

Teen Titans Go! IS a reboot. It's even explained in the show that Control Freak rebooted the Titans

>has claimed to be the canonical follow-up
When do they do that? I thought Go was bluntly non-canon.

>giant oversized heads

Ouch, user really fell into that one. Well played though.

>this is TTfags' idea of comedy
Awful. Just awful.

I hated how self-contained it was as a DC universe, with its mostly original characters and vague connection with batman.

all while JLU was still running its first season.

Beast boy was such a groaner. his humorous side fits in a lot better in Go, which in turn makes Cyborg funnier

Starfire wasn't anything more than
>an alien
>Thirsty for Robin
Cyborg wasn't anything more than
>Big lovable guy
>Muh cybernetic feels
>token black
Robin wasn't anymore than
>Generic edgy leader
Raven and Beastboy were the only characters with personality.

That made it much better. The DCAU is overrated tripe.

Confirmed for never having watched Teen Titans.

But most people who loved this show also loved Batman TAS and Justice league??

But those aren't the teen titans, over half of the classic roster is missing.

I've watched it and it did nothing.

Those are the ONLY real Titans. The others are honorary ones.

Fuck off already, faggot.
>inb4 hurr durr it wuzn't me XD
Not fooling anyone

Starfire is bae

I could write a fucking essay on how wrong you are on each of those characters, though I'm kinda lazy. But as it happens, I already kind of did it a while back for Starfire, so here you go:

>If you actually think this, you either weren't paying attention or just have really shit taste.

>Her most memorable moments by far are when she truly shows the depth of her character:
Season 1
>Robin... you are my best friend. I cannot be in a world where we must fight. If you are truly evil, then go ahead - do what you must.
Season 2
>History said it disappeared... but history was wrong!
Season 3
>Then let us end this battle now!
Season 4
>You may not value my life, but I still value yours!
Season 5
>The greater the struggle against your power, the more it resists. Embrace what you have inside, let it become you, and you will find who you were meant to be.

Those are a few of the new teen titans. If you go with the theory that the Robin from that show is Tim Drake, then none of the original Titans are present.

That Robin is Dick Grayson. It's confirmed over and over again.
And those are the REAL Teen Titans. Original or not.

>And those are the REAL Teen Titans
No, these are.

How’s this for a headline: “Man on Sup Forums doesn’t know that reading dialogue out for a scene isn’t as funny as actually watching the entire scene with full because he is a dumbass”

Omen was in the original Teen Titans for like less than 10 issues

>Teen Titans
>they all look like they're in their 20's/early 30's

Just like my CW shows!

>y-you didn't watch it ;_;
Fuck off retard.
How about this instead "moronic chart-posting autist who needs to kill himself to make the Earth a better and smarter place has shit sense of humor to no one's surprise"

I liked how it was in it's own little universe. Not everything needs to tie in and lead to another thing like the Marvel cinematic universe.

What I don't get is why Raven wasn't on the justice league dark. Both starfire and cyborg were moved for the new 52.

Yeah, I considered saying "except her", but she was technically on the team so I let it slide since I didn't want to find another one.

That's a combination of
>Them all actually aging over the course of their respective careers
>Them all being around for about 50-60 years
>DC trying to appease both old fans and retards like you by having both a 'Titans' and 'Teen Titans', with the latter resembling the cartoon

bump

Raven is stuck being perpetually young. She'll never grow up like the rest of her friends.

how good is this, TT fags?