Who's your favorite Spider-Man foe and why?

Who's your favorite Spider-Man foe and why?

Stormin' Norman. Why? Because I actually prefer him to Peter himself...

Sundown merely because he is the strongest.

Shocker. Because you don't mock him.

I can appreciate a reasonable businessman.

This. It's only business. Nothing personal.

Fancy Dan.
He's fancy.

Kingpin because I grew up watching the reruns of the old 90s cartoon. He was the only thing I remember from the show

Puma, trapster, shriek and vermin are underated

Kraven and Venom will always be my favorites for story reasons, but Homecoming's Vulture design I liked a lot.

Kingsley. Because he's the smartest. He walked away, rich and powerful.

As a nemesis though, there is only Norman. Otto and Venom pale in comparison.

He takes the spot.

When is he going to get his own solo series?

I'd chase him to the ends of the Earth

Mysterio has some fun abilities for spidey to fight plus mysterio done right can be mind fuck central.

>Abilities
Mysterio is budget Batman who grew up watching too many Vincent Price movies.
And that is fucking awesome.

For about 8 years in my childhood, I could never beat his boss battle in the 'Spider-Man 2' movie game for PC. It's such an easy level, but something about his animalistic screams and hulking physique scared the piss out of me.

So take your Goblins, your Venoms, your Prowlers. To me, Rhino will always be Spider-Man's most fearsome foe.

One villain who needs to be in a movie, and preferably not a Marvel Studios one, so I probably won't be alive when that happens

This madman. Love his 80s stories and almost everytime he shows up.

I like his idea of it being just business and toying with everyone in the process

I forgot. Also his origin is a new "uncle Ben" moment with Peter letting a normal thief escape just to find Norman's lab by accident, and that's cool

The Vulture because it takes astronomical balls to be an elderly man who has only one power and it's the comic book equivalent of free bread sticks, yet goes toe to toe with a man four times as young as he is with an assortment of superpowers.

Electro girl

I'll get hell for saying this, but for an overall villain, Carnage, simply because there is no redeeming him, and you can't just shoot him in the head and be done with it, you'll never spot Carnage working with Spider-Man to stop a Goblin plot, he's evil with no sign of making a face turn.

For overall character, Sandman, the guy was an avenger at one point and would probably go back to that life style if he were allowed to be with his daughter, not to mention that his power set can be pretty damn cool. Much like a lot of Spidey villains, Flint can easily be redeemed, but unlike most he actually made an effort to be one of the good guys, it just got written all away

Came here to post this

Are there any obscure Spider-villains that you kind of wish were a bigger deal?

I kind of like Basilisk. It'd be cool if he could at least be C-list, maybe get a cartoon appearance or two

Shelectro

>he doesn't know about Carnage-man

Shit, when was the last time that Puma was used? I forgot, did JMS use him at all in his run because if he didn't, he would have been a good supporting character during the whole Spider-Totem business.

Sandman belongs on the Thunderbolts team.

No, JMS ignored everyone besides Ock, Norman (sort of) and Kingpin. According to the Wikia, his last appearance was a bit part in the final issue of Occupy Avengers.

The Lizard. Because he is a lizard.

Naw Carnage-Man was great, but it wasn't a willing face turn, it took Carnage to get magically whammied for him to go good, what I ment was you'll never see Carnage going "Icant let Norman kill all those people! Spider-Man, I'll kill you later, for now we have to work together for a mutual gain."

Do people actually call him "Stormin' Norman"? I think that's the nickname of the general who was in charge of Desert Storm

White girls will be the death of Miles

The Shocker, I fell in love with him when I first played the movie game. And he does a good job of being a niche villain that doesn't need to be anymore than what he is.

Mysterio's a close second.

I've seen it around, so I guess, yeah. Besides, it's a cool nickname.

To be fair the suit also makes him super strong. But yeah Adrian's cool.

He's my favorite Marvel character period.
He is in that perfect sweetspot between villains who are taken just seriously enough to not be ineffectual jokes but not overblown to the point he's edgy and obnoxiously overpowered
He has one of the most perfect villain costumes, being just the right amount of ridiculous and cool. And I love his abilities and how he creates this grand wizard persona even though it's all special effects.
I love the simplicity of his motivation and I just love the idea of a character who goes toe-to-toe with superheroes using movie tricks. I want to work in film some day and I won't deny that watching Mysterio is actually kind of inspiring. Just how dedicated he is to his craft even when he isn't taken seriously and he keeps losing.
And not only is he a great concept but he actually fucking delivers and has amazing stories where he mind fucks with people in the most devilish ways. He is so versatile and fun to watch.

Mysterio is my fucking hero.

Which villains have well written full blown stories? I want to pick up some spiderman books to get myself ready to make (non-pedophilic) spiderman and elsa videos

>pic not related

>actual discussion dies once again

>get myself ready to make (non-pedophilic) spiderman and elsa videos

but why

Pete Pote de Pasta

No doc ock I see

Well let’s change that, shall we

He's one of the few villains that can consistantly test Peter mentally as well as physically. His special effects wizardry and knowledge of Spidey's abilities makes each fight visually interesting and an uphill battle.

Venom because not enough people give credit to the fact that he started the living alien exo-suit craze.Also his design is bombastic.

well he's a minority so pushing him now would mean having a minority bad-guy adn that racist, He was in one of the first Spidey comics I ever remember reading though and I've always thought he was cool

>your favorite Spider-Man foe
This guy

He protects us from a greater evil: ,Bendis.

I really like his design and he was the biggest Spidey villain when I was growing up too.

I think it works the other way at this point

The parker luck, it's what leads into everything else.

Nah, Otto ia great.

In fact, he's probably the guys that fought Spidey tbe most. Modern Spidey is bad hut I like Superior Octopus.

I like this guy because he has a cool power

Fuck Bendis and Riri for shitting on him.

Whysre Spidey's rogues so good? They're so good his less popular foes are snatched by oher heroes only to become popular there.

What did they do?

>Mysterio is perhaps the most fun and creative Spidey villain to write for given his gimmick
>The beautiful bastard STILL hasn't graced audiences with a movie appearance.
>SONY will probably fuck everything up and give him a nonsensical solo film along with Kraven
THE FUCK!? It'd be like Now You See Me but with capeshit fights

Even before the movie and show i associated Kingpin more with Daredevil

Just the typical modern Marvel "villains are so lame am I right? I'd rather see heroes fight each other instead". She lost to him and was like

>Ugh I can't believe I lost to freakin Will o wisp. I mean, seriously? It's will o wisp

As if he's shitty even though his powers and moveset are dangerous for someone wearing power armor. And he's pretty dangerous to deal with in general.

I hate the mentality some writers have of shitting on "lame" characters. Truth be told, even shit characters can be flipped into something cool with the right imagination. But thats just it, Marvel lacks imagination

Maybe they need a joke villain to be a punching bag for new heroes.

Jack O'Lantern, he is just a madman with no real purpose who wanted to make a Osborn OC

Kingpin even though he's more associated with Daredevil nowadays

That game was unintentionally creepy to me as a kid in general. It's so bright and colorful yet so empty and unnatural.
>tfw spent more time trying to get past the invisible wall just to see what that big light is than actually playing the game
Kid me was a dumbass.

Then resurrect fucking Jason Macendale. The guy was a joke long before shitting on villains was cool. He's the ultimate jobber.
I'd actually like everyone new hero beating up Macendale as a gag.

It was hard to choose between my three favorites the others being Doc Oc and Carnage

The concept of a big game hunter getting bored with hunting animals and deciding too hunt Spider-Man was just so cool too me.It would be cool if marvel did a Kraven vs Predator comic.

>Now You See Me
God that was a terrible movie.
>was expecting practical david copperfield-esque magic
>get cgi shit instead

Surprised it took so long.

I still can't believe they made this shit.
In one shitty book they destroyed decades of a good memory and relationship.

He's a moron but I'm a sucker for lightning powers

White business suit Doctor Octopus and Venom
He could be real scary, by his power alone. Just like Hydroman. The guy could control your body just like that. Scary.

I remember in some comic, I think it was Marvel Knights, didn't he like fry a whole city block of people in their cars or something to piss off Pete?

Also, in that comic didn't it hint that he fucks a shapeshifting hooker women as Spider-Man?

Doctor Octopus.
I really like how Dan Slott made him a /r9k/ poster

>Just like Hydroman. The guy could control your body just like that. Scary.

Yeah Im not denying that. Though it would work with Mysterio's bullshit

Question from the crowd. A plane would remain working after it's cabine being flooded just like that?