How do you feel about the death penalty Sup Forums

How do you feel about the death penalty Sup Forums

Def. only leathal crimes and pedos

>Treason
>penalty is DEATH
>or a small fine and 15 years in prison

HMMM I wonder who could have added that last bit.

Not enough pedophiles on it, too much red tape around it.

I think it should be mandatory for all crimes. In fact, we should also just stop people on the street that look suspicious and kill them too.

Why kill killers when they can be Guinea pigs?

kek

Wouldn't mind getting rid of it so long as we stop treating our prisoners like royalty. Fuck anybody that believes they're entitled to shit.

I think the death penalty is fucking fine
I think assisted suicide being illegal is one of the biggest fucking atrocities of this nation and just serves as a reminder that you're never free.

Waste of money.

Expensive as fuck. Why don't they just use firing squads? It would be more humane too considering how much they mess up with the other ways.

Are prisoners treated really well in the US?

Texas master race here
I have family that have worked at Huntsville and were involved with the process of execution. If you ask me I think they should make the chair the default options and get rid of lethal injection. The chair is quicker and not that painful.

generally against it with exception to adulterers

theyre treated good enough

Their food is a lot better than the crap our schools feed our children. That alone pisses me off.

There can't be a single fuck up by the guards, so most the times prisoners are treated better than average citizens while acting like apes towards guards. Imagine having shit thrown at you and not being able to do shit.

Because you don't want them to escape pumped with drugs and crazier than before.

Ineffective in it's current practice. Criminals sentenced to death are allowed to live for decades before their sentence is carried out due to the horrendously inefficient appeals process.

The death penalty is supposed to be the ultimate deterrence and retribution but it loses its intended effect when the convicts get to live for so long after they're sentenced, that everyone forgets about them.

There should be a mandatory minimum appeal window for people sentenced to death, something like 30 days. A special tribunal of judges, or a Jury of peers, will review the proceedings and findings. If they elect not to overturn the decision at the end of 30 days, the sentence will be carried out immediately.

This or something like this will increase the effect of the Death penalty as a deterrence to crime, and will also minimize the cost to the taxpayer, eliminating all expenses that would entail after the 30 days.

Why not feelium?

Fuck that. Cos we all trust our govts so much, yes?

Death crime in theory is good.
In practice it gets caught up in appeals and people are on death row for 20 years being in eternal appeal.
We should get rid of that appeals process. Killing bad criminals is much better for everyone than imprisoning them for the rest of their lives.

Just put activable explosives in his head, do you even science?

Or you could just reserve it for dangerous offenders that have previously broken out of prison (to accommodate the Batman villains) and leave everyone else behind bars to avoid executing the innocent.

>The chair is quicker and not that painful.
The skull is insulating and electricity will first flow through to the rest of the body (you die of a heart attack, not brain damage). It is far more painful than injection.

I like it but it's worthless if it's not done in the proverbial public square

I like it in theory, but because of how expensive the process is it's actually cheaper to do life.

I'm all for just taken them out back and drillin a few holes all over them, but since we everything has to be humane we can't have that.

I want these asses to die but I don't want to pay for a lengthy execution.

The death penalty is a terrible idea.

1) It's proven to be an ineffective deterrent against crime. Although not causal, states with the death penalty actually have higher violent crimes per capita.

2) It's hundreds of thousands of dollars more expensive than life imprisonment without parole. The cost is almost entirely due to the cost of the appeals process, which cannot be reduced without increasing the chance of putting an innocent person to death.

3) Innocent people have and will continue to be put to death. There's no way around this. Mistake will be made, but at least with life imprisonment you can at some point fix the mistakes.

Supporting the death penalty is literally equivalent paying more in taxes to put innocent people to death. That is the net result. The only reason to support it is "muh feelings".

some people simply doesnt deserve to live or to have any ressources to be wasted upon.
however every system makes errors, and a wrong deathsentence is not one you can correct. Its also too easy to abuse and just silence any opposition while not stopping or decreasing the crimes punished with it which is why it should be abolished

I feel it is much more satisfying to force spmeone live out their life wishing they were dead. Like prison, but amputate all their limbs & force feed them through a tube.

>too much red tape around it
Mostly this. I was for it until I found out that it often ends up being more expensive than life in prison.

I love your way of thinking, friend

Tbh unless it's for a public demonstration life in prison is the way to go when prosecuting cunts
Prison is hell.

I believe the death penalty is justifiable by the most heinous acts. If someone is deemed too dangerous to ever be released from prison, they should probably be put down. Honestly, it's an act of mercy at that point (and it has the potential to save taxpayers a ridiculous amount of money if we can bring down the cost of the lethal injection drug).

When a man has nothing left to lose, he loses it. We don't need people like that further poisoning our prison population that might actually have a chance of reintegrating into society.

Just my $0.02

It's time for a prison on the moon.

Too expensive. Bring back the noose and firing squads.

I'm against it, but not for emotion-based leftard reasons. It costs less overall to lock someone up for life than to execute them. It clogs up the legal system less, too.

What sucks is the only reason it's so expensive is because sock fucking holier-than-thou do everything they can to impede the process and then have the gall to say "See the system that I just threw a wrench in is inefficient!"
You really only need a few appeals at most to determine guilt beyond all reasonable doubt

Moon might end like my country then

>It's hundreds of thousands of dollars more expensive than life imprisonment without parole
this is the most retarded argument. a couple of bullets don't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars dumbass. your problem is with bureaucracy instigated by leftists that don't believe in the death penalty

Government shouldn't be trusted with that kind of power over its citizens, it's not a deterrent, and it's mostly just popular due to the cheap gratification it grants bloodthirsty idiots hiding behind righteousness.

The cost isn't related to the method of execution. It's basically entirely the appeals. When sentencing someone to death you need to be damn sure they are in fact guilty. This means extensive examination of the case is necessary. Unfortunately the court has and will continue to make mistakes and innocent people are sentenced to death.

There is no possible way to reduce this cost without increasing the error rate.

>space Australians
Shit.

You're right, we should just abolish the appeals process and let the government kill people flippantly and efficiently; only good things can come of this.

fuck governments, its probably said governments reason the person being killed got there in the first place.

I'm for it, but like monarchies, you live by the sword and die by the sword. So when change comes looking to lynch you, be prepared to live by the shitty laws you imposed on the rest of us.

Too expensive.

Bring back firing squads and nooses.

Limit appeals.

You're misguided. There's nothing inherent in the process that necessitates it being so expensive.

killing people by tying them to chair or a bed and then filling them with toxic chemicals is simply without dignity no matter what they did.

if we have to have the death penalty, it should only be administered through firing squads.

although I don't necessarily think we should have the death penalty in the first place. hardened criminals should be put in brutal military battalions with extreme discipline and sent to the harshest fronts.

Should be zero tolerance for pedos, no long wait or cost. Right after conviction just put a bullet in them.

Use it for treason that gets nationals killed or arms sales to enemies. (Whistle blowers can walk, as long as they do good work.)

Multiple murder convicts and rapists can be used as slave labor.

shitposters from outer space. not sure if i like that

>Should be zero tolerance for pedos
How are you defining pedos? Just someone who bangs a 2 year old, or someone who has sex with someone who is 15 years old and 11 months? Because if it's the latter, good job getting tricked by feminist propaganda.

death penalty for pedophiles and murderes should be the norm

I'm all for it. I just wish it would be carried out sooner, instead of somebody wasting resources for 15+ years until the day of execution.

It's not efficient enough. The process needs to be streamlined.

>although I don't necessarily think we should have the death penalty in the first place. hardened criminals should be put in brutal military battalions with extreme discipline and sent to the harshest fronts.
I'm not sure about that, mostly because I would have trouble trusting them. But I do think we should get something out of them.

Maybe the next step up from life in prison shouldn't be death but hard labor.

I think the death penalty should only be an option if there's undeniable proof that someone committed a serious crime.

Its fine in principal as something to do with certain criminals, but in practice im against it because i dont trust that we can ensure innocent people dont get executed. Life in prison is a lifetime to prove your innocence.

>we should just abolish the appeals process
exactly what we should for convicted murderers. fuck people that are guilty and get released because of a technicality.

It's worked in the past. Both Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union fielded effective penal battalions.

The French Foreign Legion was originally entirely composed of conscripts.

The old British Navy was mostly manned by convicts as well, and they won heroic victories in all corners of the world.

pic related, an army of convicts. they lived as villains but got the chance to die as heroes and that's an opportunity that all prisoners should have.

Whether they support it is not is irrelevant.

Surely we can both agree that mistakenly sentencing an innocent person to death is a grave miscarriage of justice. Our system of justice is built on the notion that better 10 guilty men go free than 1 innocent be wrongly found guilty. This means that in severe cases that the evidence has to be extensively examined over and over again to make sure we haven't fucked up.

Every major company an industry has quality control. The more they spend on quality control, the lower the error rate. When you are manufacturing pace makers or hip replacements for example, the quality control has to be extremely high, because a defective rate of 10% is simply unacceptable.

We can lower the cost of the death penalty by cutting out the majority of the court costs, but that necessarily increases the error rate. More innocent people will be accidentally found guilty. There's no way to cut corners without suffering the consequences.

If you are personally willing to be that person wrongly accused. If you believe in the death penalty so strongly that you would willing to be personally put to death for a crime you didn't commit and be forever remembered by your friends and family as a serial child rapist, then I can't argue against you. But if you aren't willing to be that person and you support the death penalty, then you are asking someone else to do something you yourself are unwilling.

>There is no possible way to reduce this cost without increasing the error rate.
Sure their is, remove all the appeals and second chances.

If the jury convicts they should be doing so knowing that person is dead the next morning.

Well it would be great if it worked, I'm certainly for trying it.

I feel that a life of prison with Slave labor and human rights violations is a greater punishment than death

At the least if they're 100% guilty then pic related is how they should go out. And the sooner the better. Am I fucked up for wanting to see the worst of the worst get killed in ISIS fashion? It would make for some great videos.

I support it, but think it should be like. 5 a year average.

So far i've thought about it and as far as i can tell the best method to implement my perfect death penalty system would be a separate court circuit that covers the entire country. Cases are brought before this court basically to decide if the individual should be executed based on the possibility for rehabilitation, circumstances of the case, ect ect.

It should be basically a standard above regular justice for specifically heinous crimes as decided by this like 10 man court.

Your opinion is short-sighted, doesn't take into account adverse consequences, and sounds hysterical and laden with emotional reasoning. You sound like a woman.

Read the sentence more carefully. There is no way to reduce the cost WITHOUT increasing the error rate.

We could save a ton of money on the court system by simply flipping a coin to determine whether someone is innocent or guilty. No lawyers, judges, or clerks to pay. No court rooms to build. But if we do that, we'd certainly get it wrong more often than we do now.

You can cut costs, but you can't cut costs without getting the verdict wrong more often. If you're willing to volunteer as a wrongly accused person for the death penalty to cut costs, be my guest.

Saved for heinous crimes AND corrupt officials.

Free Rides!

Life in prison is a worse punishment, but its too expensive. But somehow they also manage to make killing a man extremely expensive for the taxpayers so there's no winning scenario.

>cut off their limbs and feed them through tube

Lost

Children don't live at school.

Rabbis, studying Jews, any degree of Marxists...

Oh, and rapists and anybody who sells drugs to a white child!

>states with the death penalty actually have higher violent crimes per capita.

Because the states that have the death penalty are full of niggers and spics. Its always niggers and spics.

Didn't say it was less painful said it isn't as painful as its made out to be.
Ask anyone who has been involved in the system they will tell you they would rather be electrocuted.

>Mostly this. I was for it until I found out that it often ends up being more expensive than life in prison.

How could it be more expensive than a lifetime of feeding, sheltering, and paying for medical care?

I know they were having a hard time finding expensive lethal injection drugs, but they could always pump the low life's veins full of a $10 bottle of Drano as far as I care. If that's too cruel, then opt for the firing squad. A bullet doesn't cost that much either.

I do not like it because there is a chance, (small) that an innocent person could receive it. That's the only reason.

I'm pretty sure the drugs cost $5, its the decades of appeals in courts that make them cost so much more. They also tend to be in more secure facilities and that's more expensive as well.

depends on the definition of the worst of the worst

geee i wonder who's behind this post

>Read the sentence more carefully. There is no way to reduce the cost WITHOUT increasing the error rate.

Read what I said again and think about the implications.

Right now the jury convicts thinking that oh well if we made a mistake someone will figure it out before the person is executed.

If punishment followed directly the jury might use a bit more critical thinking.

There is a reason why the death penalty doesn't deter future crime. It's done in private. It really looses the whole point when it's done behind closed doors. Public hangings, and beheading are grizzly sure, but the whole point is to make an example of.

need more of it t b h

and kill the cunts straight away, not 20 years on death row draining societies resources

am i doing it right

>Their food is a lot better than the crap our schools feed our children. That alone pisses me off.

Sorry how is it the job of the fucking government to feed our children?

better yet the perp might actually think about it before they do the crime

>drinking DIET Soda

Does this image offend you more, or less?

I agree some things are justifiably punishable by death but I dont have a hard on about it. If they wanna lock em up and throw away the key fine, idgaf but its a lot more fucked up to do that than kill them.

No need for it, we've got Gulags for it. There is a need for public physical punishments for "activists" who can't understand what freedom of speech is about.

>You're right, we should just abolish the appeals process and let the government kill people flippantly and efficiently; only good things can come of this.

No we should have a system where a jury will send an innocent man to jail because surely someone will catch an error before the sentence is carried out.

An appeal that is filed automatically without reason, cause or legal base is just lawyer stealing from the tax payer. If their is a reason for an appeal then file it. But if the reason for the appeal is because it's a death sentence case then that's retarded.

against it.

they should make jail sentences much more severe an experience, though.

bread, water and vitamin tablets should be the diet. sunlight is not a right. exercise is not a right. it blows my mind that prisoners are allowed access to what is essentially a free gym subscription.

if you have a 20 year sentence, you should come out of jail, skinny, bony, little to zero muscle definition

You're a bunch of sick fucks.
I would never suggest removing a little girl's clothes and licking her tiny body all over, nibbling her neck and kissing her adorable little nipples. Only a heartless monster would think about her cute girlish mouth and tongue wrapped around a thick cock slick with her saliva, pumping in and out of her mouth until it erupts, the cum more than her little throat can swallow. The idea of thick viscous semen overflowing, dribbling down her chin over her flat chest, her tiny hands scooping it all up and watching her suck it off her fingertips is just horrible. You're all a bunch of sick perverts, thinking of spreading her smooth slender thighs, cock poised at the entrance to her pure, tight, virginal pussy, and thrusting in deep as a whimper escapes her lips which are slippery with cum, while her small body shudders from having her cherry taken in one quick stroke. I am disgusted at how you'd get even more excited as you lean over her, listening to her quickening breath, her girlish moans and gasps while you hasten your strokes, her sweet pants warm and moist on your face and her flat chest, shiny with a sheen of fresh sweat, rising and falling rapidly to meet yours. It is truly nasty how you'd run your hands all over her tiny body while you violate her, feeling her nipples hardening against your tongue as you lick her chest, her neck and her armpits, savoring the scent of her skin and sweat while she trembles from the stimulation and as she reaches her climax, hearing her cry out softly as she has her first orgasm while that cock is buried impossibly deep inside her, pulsing violently as an intense amount of hot cum spurts forth and floods through her freshly-deflowered pussy for the first time, filling her womb only to spill out of her with a sickening squelch. And as you lie atop her flushed body, she murmurs breathlessly, then her fingers dig into your back as she feels your cock hardening inside again.

>How could it be more expensive than a lifetime of feeding, sheltering, and paying for medical care?
Because prisons are for-profit and inmates are put to work

“Laws, like sausages, cease to inspire respect in proportion as we know how they are made,”

I have to because diabetus ;_;

yep, this is on point.

i came

>Stop people who are suspicious and kill them

Don't the American police already do that?