Alcoholism Lets Talk About It

I know there are many sufferers here. Let us vent our struggles with the liquid jew

I'm not an alcoholic I just drink heavily when I go out 5 days a week.

Never at home, tho

Wish alcohol didn't fuck you up and make you fat.
It's given me a belly and I hate it.
Gotta quit

I quit drinking and now I'm bidding for President of the United States. 22 years of sobriety.

I drink 2 or 3 beers a night after work. One sober day a week.

I'm not an alcoholic, but i could use some cutting down eventually.

my flag says it all

> Drink heavily 5 times a week
> Not alcoholic

I used to drink everyday after work then party every Friday and Saturday, and have the worst hangovers of my life every Sunday. Then I got depressed and ironically stopped drinking. I don't really have the urge to drink or party even.

You got good taste. Fellow vodka drunk here. Went on a heavy bender after 3 months clean. Luckily I stayed inside and didn't get into a fight or get a DIP DTP. Everytime I've been in trouble I was drinking.

Started young highschool dropout. Now im almost 30 and have no social life and live with constant regret. I try to stay sober but the depression gets to be too much then I drink and fuck up, its a shitty cycle.

Gtfo normie

Never because I've always practiced sobriety
I went to school, I went to college, smoking is bad, alcohol is bad, therefor I never engaged in heavy substance abuse or subjecting myself to unhealthy behaviors.
Fucking Christ, is it that hard to just stop fucking drinking?

You look familiar, is your name Michael?

>quit drinking for 6 months
>lost weight, body looks great

>start drinking as of recently
>start getting a gut and hating myself

yea alcohol has got to go from my diet

>hooked on the liquid jew

Mohammed pls

Since everyone else is too, here, I don't feel so bad about it.

I just want to feel less pain, you know.

I hope my brain cells don't get hurt too much, they're my working tool after all.

Social weekend drinking fine.

Then got into nasty habit of drinking alone - initially just 'pre-drinks' before meeting friends and only on weekend but then regularly get drunk alone.

Got into habit of drinking when bored, stresed, depressed.

Becomes almost compulsive - urge to do it ANY time bored or low mood.

Weight goes up massively.

The herbal jew>>>the liquid jew. Seriously, try it.

You're a boring person, sorry

Fucking Wayne thanks for convincing me to finish my beer instead of pussing out and becoming a loser like you :^)

Wait, what is it about alcohol that makes one fat?
Is it because you drink beer or something?

I a vodka exclusive, no weight problem here.

had my first beer at six. drank my first pint of vodka at ten. Started drinking a pint of vodka before school in the morning 3 days a week all through middle school and highschool. Drank everyday since I was sixteen to present day. Im 27 years old. not to mention iv done hard drugs off and on since I was 12. How long you think I got left ?

its illegal

please shut the fuck up puppet

>tfw browsing a latvian alcohol store website and planning how im going to spend 700 euros on liquor and wondering if i can fit all of it in my car
>tfw estonia raises alcohol tax and all finnish tourists just drive through their country to buy it in latvia

You can not compare vodka with beer, vine or scotch.

If you have a job you give half a shit about with periodic testing then that's a valid excuse, otherwise you're just a fucking pussy.

>taking drug advices from venezuela
Yeah, well, no.

technically its true

by definition an alcoholic is someone who's addicted to alcohol and by definition that means physically addicted which means that you get withdrawal attacks if you go for more than about 12 hours without alcohol and that just for starters. I thought it would start at about a day but first stage alcoholism seems to start right away at about 12 hours maximum without alcohol before withdrawal attacks. I think the lowest someone can go is around 6-8 hours and thats where if you stop cold turkey you can have seizures and die.

Amerindian, try again
>He doesn't use vices like I do, he must be boring

Don't tell people you don't drink. It triggers people. As someone who is also a teetotaler.

Its pretty weird. You'll see pol write "BASED AF!!!" Whenever trump points out he's never had a sip of alcohol

But when normies are confronted with a peer who makes better choices than then, their immediate reaction is to attack and drag the person down. You're not cool. You're boring. You don't know how to have a good time.

Seriously don't let people know you don't drink, order cokes and lie and say its a Jack and coke at social events

I drink alone at home 3-4 times a week. I live in Georgia and cops are way too common to go out and drink

> I thought it would start at about a day but first stage alcoholism seems to start right away at about 12 hours maximum without alcohol before withdrawal attacks
Oh so I still have a nice margin before getting considered medically an alcoholic.

I'll keep trying to fill the hole inside me with it for a while, in case it might work. Who knows.

F

I'm increasingly finding inhaling bullshit on a daily basis is a worse decision is a worse decision than liquid drugs. How are you not going to get cancer from that?

inb4 meme medical studies

This makes me want to finish my case of natty light.

Im irish so of course I drink on my own multiple times a week. Does it prevent me from carrying out my professional and personal activities during the week? No. Egro not alcoholic

Ya I worry about that too. I get bad headaches from drinking and fighting.

Wish there was like a pill or something. Idk.

You guys know a pill that DOESN'T have like 20 side effects. And helps?

Weed is fucking boring and really does damage brain cells

Quit drinking for a year. Ate whatever i wanted lost 40 lbs got ripped. This faggot country and liberal dogshit made me start drinking again. 6 months later +30 pounds and am an asshole again. Trump Wins i pledge to sober up again.

Get smashed once a week, not sure where does that put me, I think i'm still on that "socially acceptable" level of alcoholism

Stopped drinking around 6 months ago. Before I was drinking an entire bottle a day while working 10-14 hours a day. I'd drink the whole thing in about a 4 or 5 hour period so I could at least sleep some of it off. A lot of the benefit was just my co workers not thinking so poorly of me. Felt a lot better too, that shit is fucking rough. Spent a huge amount of money on it, as well. Aged me quite a bit. Did that for about a year before I just absolutely hated myself. Prior to that was heavy, but less heavy drinking than towards the end, for about 8 years.

Its a good idea to quit but its really hard if you depend on it for management of feels.

>tfw smoking the stick jew
Don't regret it to much plan on quitting after these two packs kill me hahaha
I hear Vodka is great for singing

Alcohol literally causes cancer along with a lot of other bad stuff.

Cuz you dont drink enough. Try a pint or fifth a day then get back to me.

From what I've heard of Ukraine you guys fucking suck at growing and importing weed.

There's a medium chance you'll get cancer from it. You can also get cancer without smoking at all in your entire life.

Alcohol is fucking boring and it can damage your brain, too. I'm just mentioning a decent alternative to get off the bottle, or at least to start doing so. Weed is far more manageable.

>pint
>five pint
Yeah, so, beers?
I know there is shrooms and stuff that makes your belly go round with beers, but I stick with vodka, and even though I drink an awful lot (I'm a freelance that works from home, so IDGAF about being sober for work), I don't get fat because of it.

People who have these problems can probably down a handle and drive perfectly fine to get more.

Holy shit is that what happened to Sean Murray?

Also fuck off this is Sup Forums

If I smell vodka, I'll instantly throw up. Thank heavens.
I attribute all this change to that wonderful plant.

>self employed
>make good money
>lots of friends
>have a good social circle
>white qt girlfriend who I love to bits

However..
>binge drink every Saturday night into blackout mode drunk and blow loads of my money on booze

Would love to get a grip on drinking so much, but once I start drinking the fermented jew I can't stop.

>Be me
>The black sheep of the family
>Heavy drinker
>Fuck it all, I decide to stop it
>Begin to be successful
>8 Years later I work at the same job and tittle my father did
>Wife and Kids
>Get offered Vodka from a manipulative twat
I thought for a moment but then with manners I told him: fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me ... you can't get fooled again.

This is correct.

I know it's a late reply but I was drinking whiskey and only whiskey and still gained weight

Then don't start.

Cancer usually comes from cells being replaced due to damage. Alcohol and cigarettes kill cells, so the chances for a cancer cell to replace a healthy cell goes up exponentially. Correct me if im wrong

Huh. Not that I care enough to google it, but I wonder what's inside the drink that makes you fat then? Is there sugar?

yeah and a first stage withdrawal attack is a delayed hangover so thats what you'll want to watch out for. You wake up and everything's fine then about 2 or 3 hours later you suddenly get a hangover which nothing will help e.g. water, food, time, etc.

fucks wrong with u
some slut bailed on me last friday so i just downed the bottle of russian standard i was going to share

drinking is shit, other drugs feel better and dont do as much damage ( no not weed, weed is also shit lmao )

I get restless on Saturday nights if I'm not drinking. Coupled with the fact that all my friends drink every weekend and encourage me to come out.
Might try and offer to be a sober driver for a few weeks to try and shake the feeling of needing a drink on Saturdays.

Lethargy, apathy. When you drink heavy you don't take care of yourself. You're not going to cook an amazing meal when you're smashed. It also fucks with your blood sugar which affects your eating habits.

cyka pizdec blyat
davaiiiiiiiii davai davai

Alcoholism destroyed my life, I am an angry fucking drunk and it makes me feel like King Kong so I am always doing the stupidest shit. I lost my home and lived out of my car, I've lost ALL of my friends, my brothers and parents, my wife and kids all due to me being an intolerable asshole to be around.
I hit rock bottom crippling depression; the whole 9 yards. Now I'm getting my life back in order and I realized that I love my wife&kids more than the liquor. So I weaned myself off it and have been sober for a year now. Got a job my house, wife and kids back. I am sad for the relationships I destroyed beyond repair but thats a result of my own decisions and I still suffer for it but Iife goes on.

Booze makes you fat period. I literally ate like a 400 lb fatass when i quit drinking and lost 40 pounds. You might be young or have a high metabolism, but either was the sugar turns into fat sooner or later.

I think it's the Gluten and Sugar in the alcoholic beverages

fuck off Noah

How do you even become an alcoholic? You niggers have no self control.

calories

plus it can cause overeating since dehydration is often confused with hunger

thats if you drink horrible shit. Vodka club soda master race checking in. If I am not drinking that I am drinking Michelob Ultras.

Haven't gained a pound. Usually feel like shit for an hour or two in the mornings after heavy nights, but a run and a shower I'm good as new again. I'm 38. You can totally be a functioning degenerate alcoholic.

i drink everyday. i broke up with my gf of 2.6 years last saturday. practically blacked out drunk at the time.

3 months on the nose at 2 liters a week and I never drank before that

If you keep it up you wont have a gf and friends. You must be young and people still put up with it.

Eventually you will be alone if you don't stop.

more like who has that kind of disposable income

>You're not going to cook an amazing meal when you're smashed
Heh, that much is true.
I usually go full gopnik and eat a 300g saussage with my vodka and call it a meal.

I had the opposite problem with the same results (wasn't married or anything) but people encouraged me to drink because I was a recluse and it made me tolerable and social but the threshold of social and please let me die is only a handful of drinks. How many times someone has had to go find me and make sure I didn't sleep in a road somewhere or some dumb shit.

Drinks once a week. Alcohol problem. Go to bed faggot.

I don't see how a colories from alcohol is any different from normal calories. I imagine it like if you added soda to your diet and drank four cans of coke a day

Decent job and two good hands.

Just googled it

>Nutrition Facts
>Vodka, 80 proof
>Amount Per 100 grams
>Calories 231

Meh, it's okay.

Probably not understandable to everyone but there's a point where you don't worry about buying tonic and the only beer you buy is the highest alcohol percentage. It isn't about enjoyment at a certain point.

Sugar is broken down into ethyl alcohol, there is still a lot of sugar in most drinks; I'm not sure about the suger content of vodka.
But alcohol also inhibits your body from breaking down those sugars/carbs into usable energy and instead turns it it fat.
Alcohol also dehydrates you.
It's a terrible, addictive poison that destroys your body and mind.

I really think that if person is diagnosed as alcoholic,they should be put to jail.
Fucking hate those miserable sons of bitches.

It's a personal choice. Please stop shifting the blame on anything other than you're complete lack of control over your own body.

If you keep your carbs under 50g a day and drink Vodka sodas you will not gain a fucking pound and you won't need to chug half a bottle to get fucked up cuz when your carbs are low the booze really hits you. You wanna know how I know...I've pretty much drank every night for 2-3 years while keeping my carb count low and I haven't gained a lb. I'm 6ft 165 and before when I drank beer and IPAs and shit I was 255. Went the low carb route, actually guzzle powerade zeros in the morning and go for a run 3-4 times a week and eat clean for the most part and I'm not a fat ass. Enjoy your boozing. Its one of the best parts of life, but don't let it consume you do other shit during your sober hours, active your alive and a real man type of shit. Not sitting around playing fucking vidya and coming on this retard site.

Alcohol is converted into glucose by the liver , a simple carbohydrate

Simple carbs are turned into fat much more easily than other macro nutrients

At least this is what I remember from health class

Yes, it's called the red pill.
Get off the poison and back into shape.
There are a million and one healthy drinks out there that taste much better than alcohol

then you should have a wife and kids

pretty sure I've started to hallucinate during withdrawal attacks. Today on my way to the liquor store, I kept thinking the cars were slowly moving but when I turned to look at them they were stopped at the red light.

Yeah but I also eat low carb too and workout...I can drink heavy but usually about 5-7 drinks gets me a good buzz, good enough to have a bowl and pass the fuck out and wake up with little consequences, but yeah I used to be 255lbs and was a total booze fiend so I totally get it.

I don't consider myself an alcoholic. A simple drink to take the edge off when you get home or find yourself in social situations doesn't strike me as anything but fucking normal.

On that note, can anyone recommend a good pol-approved Scotch?

Probably not understandable to everyone, but moonshine culture with the brewing fucks you up good time to a point of Delirium Tremens. Institutionalized because of it, green little goblins stealing your stuff are way too much for anyone to handle. I´ve talked to statues and whatnot.

When I think of my drinking episodes at shudder with horror, I tried drinking after a year of sobriety with 12 beers and all the hallucinations came back in hangover. I´ve destroyed my brain beyond repair I believe

I drink 3-6 beers in one night twice a week at least, it has to gotten to the point where it is a problem or inhibiting my life in any way, but I think i drinking too much alone. what to watch out for?

>taste
Lol. Missing that special something, though.

>that taste much better than alcohol
Do I look like I give a shit about the taste?
I'm a sad motherfucker and drinking gives me a sweet calmness that I don't get much otherwise.

That's all there is to it, for me.

Drank 40o vodka/whiskey a day for 2.5 years. Been clean for nearly 2 years now.

AA and it's offerings really help save my life.

zero sugar in vodka. basically you go out of ketogenesis when you're drinking, your liver wants to process the alcohol before anything else. If you keep your carbs low you can drink vodka no mixers and not gain weight pretty much with no consequence.

big difference between hallucinating and brain damage

"it has not gotten" auto correct sucks

>as i was driving to the liquor store during my alcohol withdrawals, i began to hallucinate
Maybe its time to quit the hooch , m8

there's literally nothing to consider. If you go more than 12 hours without a drink and you get a withdrawal attack then you're an alcoholic. Otherwise you're just talking about a psychological dependency which is just that: a dependency not an addiction.