If you were going to inherit half a million dollars or so in the next 5 years...

If you were going to inherit half a million dollars or so in the next 5 years, what property would you buy to start making some money with it?

What is renting out a house really like? is there a better option?
Area around Nashville, TN

>What is renting out a house really like?
A pain in the goddamn ass.

Personally I'd look at something like a coin-operated laundromat.

How could running a small business like that really be better than renting a house?

Have fun dealing with niggers and spics fucking your shit up all day and all night long

500,000 isn't that much.
But I'd try to get an apartment complex.
Talk to a lawyer about all the licenses and shit you need. A lawyer will help you for a reasonable fee.

Can't I just not rent the house out to niggers and spics?

Why the fuck did he put the gun there?

Depends on your age. Some would say sit back and invest it for retirement, living as though it doesn't exist.

I say set about 100k aside and start a business with it. Use 20k for startup expenses and the other 80k to live for 3 years off of. Invest the rest. A good service business would be great: lawn care, janitorial work, pressure washing, etc. Do the work yourself for 6 months, then slowly start hiring people to do the work with you, until you're comfortable enough to let them go on their own. Expand out, get more crews, rinse and repeat. Soon you'll have a small business pulling in 100k while you handle the administrative end.

>piece of land up in the Smoky Mountains, eastern Tennessee
>cabin
>underground bunker
>survivalist supplies
>GUNS
>ammunition
>storage for everything

Later...

>shit gets out of hand, post-election
>chimpouts, chimpouts, everywhere
>you're in a cosy bunker, eastern Tennessee, surrounded by three-eyed, webbed-toed inbreds like those I'm descended from, eager to fight and die alongside you if shit comes to your neck of the woods
>second Civil War
>World War 3
>you might just have a chance - even so, enjoy your new adventure

Get to work, son. Real fast.

It's not that bad as long as you don't try to slumlord it.

Buy coca Cola shares.

I'd found a game development and studio and create a game. At the moment I have so many ideas and only my own incompetence.

>Have fun dealing with niggers and spics fucking your shit up all day and all night long
Exactly, which is why a laundromat > renting out a house

College kids, bachelors, divorced men, and poor people will always need a laundromat

Section 8/HUD says "no"

>half a million dollars
With that kind of money you could only afford to invest in third world shitholes.

I'd invest in a company product .22 ammo in the US, two years before your next election.

>capital intensive business for a first time business owner with extremely limited access to capital

Yeah, brilliant idea. What could go wrong...

This, love that pic

>product/producing
I'd also invest in grammar lessons.

How do I avoid this "section 8/hud" ????

invested in an index fund that seeks to track an Index like the DOW would net around 3% returns/year, on only 500k that's $15,000/year supplemental income, it's certainly not nothing.

>implying owning a house/apartment complex + upkeep isn't as equally (if not more) capital intensive

retard

I'm not that goy, retard. I'm the goy with the only reasonable plan here.

Your idea is better, you're right.

>Can't I just not rent the house out to niggers and spics?
not legally. but you can rent in a white only area.. they do exist.

Gunship joke

It's going to take forever to accumulate enough wealth in rental properties. A small low-capital business you run yourself and slowly build is the only real way to make a living off of this money.

It really is. Whether you think it's utter horse shit or don't, ol' Strelok really and unironically gives you something to think about.

Buy land that sits on top of oil then sell the mineral rights to a drilling company for millions

Yeah, prior to that screencap I don't think many had considered the scenario as winnable, but he breaks it down quite nicely - I had never considered any of those variables before

Rented a house bought with life insurance money had I three years then pot head renters (They bought a shed and were clearly building a grow shed) refused to pay rent for the month then used the outdoor fire place to burn diapers and ended up burning down the house by throwing out a cigarette and it catching the brush under the rear deck on fire. If your going to rent out a house buy one that "normal people" will want to rent...

>$500,000

good call, worrisome is the cost of repairs and such though

How do you slumlord it?