Warhammer Fantasy Sup Forumsmics

We have plenty of 40K comics, but how would you handle one? Who would draw it? Who would write it (hard mode: no Abnett)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=azOvRwrqz2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stokoe

For Age of Sigmar, focused on the Stormcast I'd do something very heavily Kirby styled.

Warhammer Fantasy comics do exist, I do recall many of them being pure garbage though, like the one which was made with 3d Poser.

There actually were quite a few Fantasy comics back in the Warhammer Monthly days. Tales from the Ten Tailed Cat was my favourite, but there was also Malus Darkblade, Helbrandt Grimm, various Mordheim stories and quite a few one-offs like the one about a Dwarf trying to recover his mine after being locked away for elf-murder for a human life sentence (Elves took his mine, so he reasoned that if he killed every elf he came across EVENTUALLY he'd get to the culprits.)

For writing and art, I'd just do what they did successfully last time - hire whoever free at 2000AD, trying to get Pat Mills for the more psychotic characters if I can.

Have the territory a normal human city & neighboring towns from the good Old World days pop up/teleported into Age of Sigmar and see their struggles as they deal with all the weird shit of this new era.

Have them be ruled by I don't know... Abhorash, the honorable Dragon Knight vampire? And have other interesting Old World characters hanging around too; those who survived the cataclysm and/or their descendants.

Bretons, mages, shadow elves & Alith Anar, minor vampires, dwarves and one minor ogre clan, Gotrek & Felix, survivors from Catay, Nippon and Araby, a Tillean district.

Heck, make it a new, but cooler, more populated Mordheim.

aaand I'm sold

did you read the Bloodbowl run? It was quite well done

Does Age of Sigmar have named characters by this point.

And by that I mean not characters brought from Fantasy.

And have them be ultra-annoyed at this whole Sigmar-reality ridiculousness and names. Specially the names.

"We Ironjawz orruk and WE goin' to raid your town, puny people!"

"Orruk? Ironjaws? Don't you mean... orcs?".

"SILENCE, DUARDIN SHIT!"

"I'm a dwarf. DWARF. Ahh, forget it".

>And by that I mean not characters brought from Fantasy.
You mean guys like "Age of Sigmar Grand Alliance Death Soulblight Vampire Lord" and "Age of Sigmar Grand Alliance Destruction Bonesplitterz Savage Orruk Wurrgog Prophet"?

NEVER

what's the fucking lore entry point that's not playing games with friends. abnett did books right

i dont know shit

FORGET

THEY

HAVE

MOTHER

just storytime it all plz

FUCKING

WRONGED

US

youtube.com/watch?v=azOvRwrqz2M

What a great story.

>hire whoever free at 2000AD
The only correct answer

Is Warhammer Online any good?

bump

If you mean the mmo, it's dead.

It's alright, pretty WoWish, which amuses me to no end.

A private server exists.

Based Dwarves, truly mankind's oldest and greatest allies!

>pretty WoWish, which amuses me to no end.

Yeah, precisely. It's just so funny how they ripped off the guys that ripped them off.

Then it wouldn't be done before the actual year 40000.

Ennis, writing about Angry Marines or Gaunts Ghosts. Or Redeemer if Necromunda(?) is allowed.

Ennis/Ezquerra tends to be a winning combo so either that or maybe Stjepan.

...can you not read?

Can you?
OP asks how I would handle a 40K comic and then proceeds to ask who I would want to write/draw it so I'm assuming OP wants me in the role of editor.

Why he chose a non40K pic for OP is anyones guess.

How is that damage control, you imbecile? The title of the thread is literally "Warhammer FANTASY Sup Forumsmics"

>We have plenty of 40K comics, but how would you handle one?
Which part of that sentence is troubling you?

The title of the thread is Warhammer FANTASY comics. The entire thread before your post is about Warhammer FANTASY comics.

You saw 40k and immediately latched onto it because "MUH FUKLAW".

And you went back to square one instead of admitting that OP specifically asks about 40K stuff. Just reread the convochain, I can't be assed to repeat myself.

>you went back to square one instead of admitting that OP specifically asks about 40K stuff.
He doesn't though. The title changes the entire context of the thread.

>We have plenty of 40k comics, but how would you handle one?

vs.

>Warhammer Fantasy Comics: We have plenty of 40k comics, but how would you handle one?

The full context of what he wrote is "We have plenty of 40k comics, but how would you handle a Fantasy one?"

>Warhammer Fantasy Comics: We have plenty of 40k comics, but how would you handle one?
That still specifically asks for 40k.
OP failing at simple english is not an excuse.

If everyone but you understands what he's talking about, who failed?

>who failed?
Everyone but me, obviously.
The rest of you illiterate scoundrels just recognized a GW related image and skimmed the text instead of actually reading it.

Serious:
>Judge Dredd, 2000AD people.
>Mousillion shenanigans.

I just wanna see it burn:
>Make it about some Amazon tribe in the Southlands. Yes they're all progressive and diverse unlike those oh so racist white men, yellow men, skaven, orks, lizardmen, ogres, fish people, black southlanders, Shrek, and elves.
>Stronk independent wymen the series.
>Its about a sort-of effeminate brown kid making contact with the feminine spirits of his tribe who essentially make him their shaman.
>Episodes are split between plot-heavy episodes where the young shaman has to weed out chaos corruption, enemy of the week episodes usually featuring the local orks, and awful villager episodes.
>Queek is the main villain... Sort of. He's too busy besieging Shrek's swamp to bother with the Amazons.
>As for the drawer... that Savino guy. In fact, include Malkith so he has something to self insert himself into.
>Writer? Why, Rebecca Sugar!
The sad part? I can see GW going along with all this.

300 issue epic of Skaven Wars when?

It's retarded that Games Workshop hasn't got Abnett to do an ongoing. But then again, Games Workshop are as retarded as Wizards of the Cost. Or they're just a greedy, Jew ran company that hates what they make.

And fuck them for what they did to Dark Elves.

Huh. When I think of it, your 'rape warhammer' scenario isn't that bad.
>Brown Amazons force Rebecca and the dykes to hone in their SJW behavior so they're 'respectful' to the host material. Does wonders to get rid of terrible creative decisions.
>Savino makes the amazons attractive. Giving guys a reason to watch the series too. Makes the bullish Loud caricatures badass paleolithic huntresses which makes them a lot more interesting.
>'Steven' actually has to go through spirit walks, and other rites to become the village shaman. Has to go on some trippy as fuck vision quests where he essentially enters the warp, giving the artists a excuse to try new styles.
>Even better, he can't afford to be a crybaby in a tribal society. Here you grow up fast.
>The writers are actually FORCED to research the matriarchal stone age tribes found in Indonesia and the Amazon. They can't retreat into wish fulfillment land anymore.
>Tension between the creators forces them to compromise with both styles.
>Villager episodes actually sound fun. Hunting T-Rexs and making complex cave paintings are big improvements from Lars bemoaning being a virgin again.
>Queek's eternal war with Shrek is a plausible background conflict. Much unlike Homeworld fucking around for five thousand years.

>rape warhammer
Last time I saw this /tg/ was discussing how young, nubile, male skaven would get molested by their own kind and viciously sodomized by humans.

They ARE going up against Shrek. Shrek is going to shrekt Clan Mors, making Queek his swamp.

>Steven and Leni, his big and eternally hungry dinosaur companion, watched the battle ensue.
>"Shrek-thing, dinner will be good-delicious tonight, will taste good with mule!'
>"Aye, ye gonna taste good with onions ye oversized rat!'
>Hitting a nerve, Queek roared with anger and charged at Shrek. But Shrek, having killed hundreds of stormvermin, was unfazed by Queek. A massive flurry of punches and swipes ensued with neither opponent gaining the upper hand. Both combatants slowly rotated to the swamp rocks.
>"You should fall-stab on my sword, Shrek-thing! The warp stone is mine!" The rat-thing was so sure of his victory, there was no way he could possibly lose to this oversized green Irish hobo.
>Shrek threw a fist, barely missed Queek by a centimeter. "Oh ho ho, thing is boyo..." The rock started tumbling, Queek lost his balance. "This is my turf..."
>"Wha-" Queek fell into the water.
>"This is me swamp." Shrek jumped in and grabbed Queek with ogrish strength. Queek squealed in pain as the ogre took the right of conquest. His thrusts so powerful great spasms could be seen in the swamp water, Queeks spasms becoming weaker and weaker as the Ogre roared.
>Steven looked up at Leni. "Come. While the Ogre ravishes the rat, now it's our chance." They quietly entered the hall of Lord Farquaad only to see... Another Skaven.
>"Who in-in the hell are you?"
>"Who are you?"
>"I'm scribe-slave!"
>"Well scribe-slave, unless you wanna get shrekt or get introduced to Pearl, I advise you help us."
>"That horrid-threat sounds very reasonable."
Lord Farquaad was not impressed.

Crown of Destruction, by Kieron Gillen no less.