Popeye gets stronger from eating spinach. Is this a power exclusive to Popeye...

Popeye gets stronger from eating spinach. Is this a power exclusive to Popeye? Or is it something intrinsic to the spinach itself?

Other urls found in this thread:

cracked.com/article_19496_6-classic-kids-shows-secretly-set-in-nightmarish-universes.html
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Food_Empowerment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Popey shared his spinach with Bluto when they were fighting the japs and it worked on him too, so it's definitely the intrinsic to the spinach.

Like said, it's in the spinach; that being said, it takes a real man to harness its true power, hence why only Popeye can enter Super Sailor God Mode and Bluto can't.

There was also a time where Popeye fed spinach to Bluto and it caused him to automatically beat up Popeye.

Intrinsic to spinach but Popeye reacts to it in a stronger way than others.

Little bit of trivia, Popeye's power source is spinach partly because of a myth back in the day that iron was a major contributor to muscle growth and manliness and all that. Spinach was high in iron so , much like the "Got Milk?" ad campaigns of yesteryear, kids were bombarded with pro-spinach propaganda.

Somewhere along the line, Popeye ended up using spinach for his powers because of that.

Who would win?

Batman with one year of prep time, Jackie Chan while he is holding a baby and "Don't want no trabble", or Bluto on spinach?

A year is a long time time.

But if it were Popeye with spinach no way he'd lose.

it was an error, the iron content in spinach was a decimal off when the study was released making people think it was more nutritious than it was

who cares?
kids should be eating spinach and drinking milk but instead they eat fried garbage and soda

Popeye ate spinach because it was regarded as a huge source of Iron back in the day. It doesn't actually have that much iron in it, so it can only be assumed that Popeye is strong by his own merit, and the Spinach is simply a placebo.

That being said, Popeye is the Original Space Jam

cracked.com/article_19496_6-classic-kids-shows-secretly-set-in-nightmarish-universes.html

Bluto is durable as shit.

Popeye doesn't just get stronger, he gets far more competent. In fact, in the early Popeye episodes the competency boost seems to have been the primary thing, since even without Spinach, he could lasso and move a mountain:

Spinach also made Olive strong as well.

I'm pretty sure it even additionally gave her shapeshifting powers in the cartoons made in the '70s.

>stronger

Popeye becomes a reality bender after eating spinach.

Add in Jack Burton with zero prep time and you've got yourself a contest

I always figured Bluto just doesn't like the taste of spinach.

He doesn't. Only Popeye and his father enjoy the taste enough to utilize its benefits.

>Batman throws a batarang
>Jack catches it and tosses it back

I need this.

Well, nobody LIKES spinnach.

I like spinach

Same
Learn to cook

I usually avoid bashing on Cracked, as there has been time I ahave enjoyed this webstie and their articles but
1. Jesuis was this one uninspired and grasping for straw to force it personal narrative/headcanon
2. Last time I visited, I don't remember it being so bombarded with advertising. It's literally clogging everything.

>Popeye's power source is spinach partly because of a myth back in the day that iron was a major contributor to muscle growth and manliness and all that
It was actually that the label of Iron content in Spinach was given the wrong decimal placement causing it to seem much higher than it was

i'm pretty sure the baby and olive oyl have gotten strong from it as well

The racist imagery of the Japs in WWII-era cartoons, or even East-Asians in general, is just plain disgusting.

BUT also hilarious.
I like how even the horse is a racial caricature.

Yup that's true, i'm currently eating a triple whopper and drinking Big red

But it is 100% accurate

Two nukes are not enough!

I don't see how giving them giant teeth and overly-stretched eyes is funny. Making Hitler act cartoonishly angry is what's funny, making Hirohito speak with a goofy accent isn't.

Cracked really fell through with their writing nowadays, such a shame.

So it's okay if the one being targeted is white?

I always assumed the lore of Popeye was that the power is intrinsic to spinach but ONLY canned spinach. And since nobody on earth will ever be brave enough to eat that, nobody will ever know if it gives you temporary super strength.

It's quite an old article, actually.

Not him, but Hitler's passionate speeches caricatured as angry rants is a far more solid joke than just a funny accent.
Like making Mussolini a flip flopping coward is funnier than just saying lol Göring is fat.

>talk about a man's exaggerated personality and individualistic characteristics as more humorous than purely racial insults
>suddenly it's about him being white
Faggot, Hitler's speech being reduced to mere tantrums was funny as fuck, giving Hirohito yellow skin and make him sound like an autist isn't.

Least that can be said is, Hirohito wans't know for his public speech, so they had less material to work on.

deepest lore

BTW, how do you prefer your Popeye without spinach, Sup Forums?
>A bit stronger than average, but weaker than big guys like Bluto?
>Super human strong, equal or superior to Bluto?

This. Though I can't tell if it's just cause I'm older now. I used to read their articles every day and it used to be so entertaining.
Also doesn't help that every other article is a Trump-bashing piece.
Their YouTube channel is mostly shit, the exception being After Hours

Fuck. Popeye vs Gohan Blanco?

Popeye ≤ Bluto
Spinach'd Popeye > Bluto
Spinach'd Popeye = Spinach'd Bluto

reminder

>even the horse is a racist caricature

brilliant

That was the point.

>cracked
somehow even worse than tumblr, congratulations you are the worst poster in this website.

I guess as they got worse less people visted and they needed more ads to compensate.

I think a better question is, who's the most remarkable extraordinary fellow?

It's great raw, but the canned shit is nasty.

It's beautiful animation..
It just all flows so nicely.

>Hirohito wans't know for his public speech, so they had less material to work on.
And they still got just as much out of it.

Sadly, quantity didn't equate to quality in this instance.

It's just exaggerated caricatures.
I mean the webm you posted did it too with Hitler's nose and the Viking opera woman's stereotype of being a huge girl.

It's just their caricature stereotypes aren't rooted as a racial thing meant to offend something as broad as an entire race/ethnicity.

Death Battle when?

What kind of Lasso is that anyway?

Waking up to see this near first thing with Wooded Kingdom music playing has set a good tone for this entire day, I'm gonna go jog in the sun because Popeye is a goddamn inspiration

I really need to rewatch some Pop-Eye. You just don't get animation of this quality except maybe once or twice a year from a nip movie, if you're lucky.

stew it with beef, and some garlic.

Back to Tumblr with you foul beast

Raw spinach is fucking good with a light sprinkle of berries, nuts, and a mild dressing like olive oil or red vinegar

>IS THERE A UNDERTAKER IN THE HOUSE

hahahah, fucking cold, no mercy for nazis, proper

>there are children on this board who've never made spinach pie and enjoyed a culinary, and nutritious, addition to their day

>Corkscrew punch into a rush attack
THAT'S A LOTTA DAMAGE

All of the Popeye two reelers were god-tier.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Food_Empowerment

It's all in the reflexes.

Western Animation slaying Eastern Animation

That was okay.

Are you retarded? Making fun of your mannerisms is completely different than making fun of your physical features.
Man when will over sensitive Sup Forumsbabbys and sjws die

>oy vey
Shalom or Boker Tov would've made more sense.

You fucking pleb
>spinach + butter
>smoked salmon
>feta cheese
>all wrapped up in crepe
Dish of the GODS.

you think that's bad? just look at how Popeye cartoonists draw the white people. bulbous or long-pointy noses, protruding cleft-chins, disfigured tumors-filled arms, gorilla-like with hairy faces... It's disgustingly racist towards whites.