RWBY/RT General #1251: Some Assembly Required Edition

Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion
>3. Don't believe their lies

1080p archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

RWBY Volume 5 Episode 3 link:
wpc.1765a.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/caa14ffa-38dd-4290-a1f3-c4535305b472/index.m3u8

Previous thread:

I LOVE WEISS

Ironwood declaring himself dictator when?

Jaune is shit

when haven falls

Threadly reminder Blake is worst girl

weiss is nice

post yfw she sees your dick

I can't wait for best girl Melanie to come back

blade of racism

>haven academy falls
>ironwood declares martial law and takes direct military control of mantle, itself.

I hope they're doing okay since the attack on Beacon, Vale looked like it got messed up too

Maybe, but hes better than any of us thats for sure

Really is

I'd suck his dick.

There's a red herring in the Spring plot somewhere, I can feel it

I mean he practically is already. He has enough seats on the council to dictate policy, I can't imagine it'd take very much for him to dissolve the other seats.

>Go on Twitter
>search RWBY
>More than half of all recent tweets are Japanese
God damn is it popular over there.
It also looks like a decent number of them are watching volume 5 subbed.

> Vernal isn't the Spring Maiden.

|

Now that we're seeing Hazel up close, he really looks much older than most other characters.

>What is this, like 4 inches?
>3?! Seriously?

Jesus

Just saying, if there is a red herring, that's the reddest.

Wonder what their opinions on the show are like there?

Is Blake worst girl there too?
Is Jaune as controversial there too?
Are their theories as stupid as ours?
Are their shippers autistic too?

>Lindsay with the Weiss cards
>Miles with the Ruby cards
3way confirmed?

What?

This wasn't while Lindsy was still pregnant huh? Dam she got fat

>your face when she sees your dick

She was overweight before getting pregnant, then she got baby-weight on top of that

A baby will do that to you unless you're actively working to prevent it. Probably hard to do with a child AND a job.

Based on what i'm reading the answers to your questions are:
no
maybe
maybe
yes

I like going to niconico and watching them react to the episodes. They only have V5E1 up right now though for some reason, they're usually good at putting them up the day they come out.

They like all the girls, and Jaune is popular as well. Don't know about theories or ships though.

All shippers are autistic.

>Is Jaune as controversial there too?
I hear his arc in V1 was cut for Japan.

>Don't know about theories or ships though.
>[

I just want him to initiate order 66 and try to replace all hunters with tucker bots

>Jaune is popular

Huh that's kind of surprising. Mainly because if I know anything its that Japanese nerds hate the Y chromosome more than the west

>Is Blake worst girl there too?
The fans love Blake
>Is Jaune as controversial there too?
The fans love Jaune
>Are their theories as stupid as ours?
Havent seen any
>Are their shippers autistic too?
The fans love Whiterose.

Only for tv, but so was lots of other stuff. The tv edit (which you can find on Crunchyroll) is fucking awful.

Not sure about the shippers or theories but Jaune's pretty well-liked in Japan, granted this is partly due to his JP VA and Jaunedice being omitted.

For the TV brodcast yes it was significantly reduced.
Vol 1 in general had it's total runtime basically cut in half. whereas only about half an hour was cut from vol 2 and just under an hour from vol 3.

>Blake
God dammit Japan
>Jaune
Kind of surprising
>Theories
Dang
>Whiterose
You had one job japan

You know that most anime has a generic male protagonist, right?

they speak the truth

I feel like they edited just the right amount out of vol 2 to make the story flow well, but the others had too much cut out.

Apparently it was mostly just the academy that got hit bad

Yeah but when in a waifu heavy series that aren't actually harems they tend to be loathed. Remember that kid in Nanoha?

Tastes aside(I mean really, they like Blake? Wtf?), at least Japanese fans know how to act and behave like fans. The west could take a few tips, well actually more like a million tips from them. One of which includes purging the sense of entitlement.

Thats kind of weird. What exactly did they all cut?

Nanoha is a magical girl show with heavy yuri undertones though. Not in anyway like your average haremshit show.

>I mean really, they like Blake? Wtf?
Of course they like the dark haired emo neko

>He thinks nip fanbases don't have a sense of entitlement
They just go about it a different way because japanese people are kooky

Actually ever since Vol 3 Bumblebee is starting to gain traction in Japan.
But yeah Japan loves their tsunderes and WhiteRose is still holding onto the top spot.

If they made a RWBY Live Action, how would you feel if they got their VAs to portray the cast rather than actually attractive people.

Again though like I said. if Its not a harem show Japs utterly loathe anything with a penis

Genki retard and somewhat tsundere ojou type, user. nips go gaga for that shit. See Akko and Diana. Through it's kinda funny how in japanese during that whole "Whose got yours?" "My Bff!" scene, Weiss actually says "Never" instead of "No" and Ruby replies with "Soon" rather than "yes" to herself, makes it sound extra creepy.

Maybe they assume RWBY is a harem

Thats kind of a shame. At least their side of the pond seems to be less batfuck insane about BB

.... Japanese people are weird yo

I know someone on Reddit went through and listed what was cut from every episode. Lots of scenes are cut or trimmed, and if you didn't see the show beforehand you'd miss a lot character moments.

Depends on the type of show really. Most average shounen MCs are well liked.

The Otaku can be thick in the head annon but they arent that stupid

>At least their side of the pond seems to be less batfuck insane about BB
To some degree, they know it's all just shipping nonsense for fun.

I know, it's so hot and we're not gonna get enough Hazel time and it kills me inside

Our side could learn a thing or two

I hate to blow your mind since you slept through health class, but a mother puts on weight in preparation for raising a child

But there's hardly any yuri shows over there compared to everything else. Plus if Jaune is well liked and not hated then they obviously, and thankfully, dont have the same mental issues and scathing hate like most of the western fans.

Post your reaction when Adam is confirmed to be Maiden level

True. at the same time wasn't Iris born about 3 months ago? thats well enough time to lose even a little of that weight

Which mouth would you use on a manticore faunus?

True enough. I dont know I just find it weird that hes popular over there. I wonder if its just the stateside net creating an implicit bias

I bet he could have killed Amber pretty easily.

Which characters have the best, most industrious fans? Which characters have the worst?

jaune is a self insert character. they love their self insert characters.

Why does everyone forget that with aura, even the mooks or people like Ruby or Weiss have superhuman strength. Sure they're no Nora but even Ruby or Weiss would easily be able to overpower any human on earth. Weiss should easily be able to bend the bars on her cage and escape even without the help of her knight.

The thing is hes really only that in volume 1. Then he just kind of turns into... Well I would say something concrete but Im not sure what he is anymore

It's easier to just tell you what chapters were covered in each TV episode.

Vol 1
Episode 1 = chapters 1-5
Episode 2 = chapters 6-8
Episode 3 = chapters 15-16

Vol 2
Episode 4 = chapters 1-3
Episode 5 = chapters 4-5
Episode 6 = chapters 6-7
Episode 7 = chapters 8-10
Episode 8 = chapters 11-12

Vol 3
Episode 9 = chapters 1-3
Episode 10 = chapters 4-6
Episode 11 = chapters 7-8
Episode 12 = chapters 9-10
Episode 13 = chapters 11-12

Take into account that each episode is 22 minutes long and you can imagine what exactly they cut.

Aura has literally never been connected to physical strength in all the scant explanations we've ever gotten for it

With Jaunedice being cut out they effectively nulled the whole screentime complaints some of the west has. It makes sense that nips like him.

Can you really imagine Ruby doing Kung-Fu?

What? Then all the superhuman shit the hunter do? How do you explain that?

Yeah sounds like they got a better first impression of him that what we had over here.

Man, that's a hard one, I'd be okay with the non-va' actors so long as the voice matches the face

Japan has infamously terrible taste, though. They're like a reverse barometer sometimes.

They had the unedited blu-rays and subtitled versions long before the tv edit, they've liked him since the start.

Fair enough. Which makes you think just a bit. Wonder if Jaundice never happened here Jaune would be more popular

>they got their VAs to portray the cast
Then it would be a comedy.

They're just that strong. Rule of cool fuels the universe more than Aura ever could; Aura doesn't make gravity not apply to people yet fight scenes are full of people floating around and doing impossible shit.

Probably. Granted, I think a majority of his haters in the west are mainly upset that he's not a badass like most male protags rather than screentime issues nowadays.