”Here I’ll read the mind of the victim to solve thi-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

>”Here I’ll read the mind of the victim to solve thi-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

It's kind of silly to give a detective mindreading powers in the first place.

Why?

HIS PURE EVIL AND HATEFUL MIND BLOCK MY POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSS

Can't produce any evidence backing his claims.

Why not?

He never makes any claims.

Actually mind reading powers could make it a hell of a lot easier to produce evidence to build a case.

It makes his job too easy unless he gets AAAAAAAAAAA'd constantly. It really should have been dropped once the JLA formed.

J'onn! Hold on, I'll assis- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

>It makes his job too easy
It doesn't and he tries to not use it often due to it being an invasion of privacy at best and immoral at worst.

It would turn police work extremely easy, just mind read the suspect for clues and/or a evidence of guilt.
the real problem is that the current judicial system is not prepared for such power.

>It doesn't
>Also here's another excuse they roll out so he can't abuse it

I'm kind of stunned you didn't even notice what you just did. If it wasn't for arbitrary limitations like his moral compunctions and getting brain blasted, most of his work would be done for him. That's the point. Not that you can't write goid stories around it, but that it's a terribly silly and overpowered ability for a detective to have. A lot of good stories are built around how OP this is.

And if the criminal has no recollection of the crime? Or his memory is faulty? Or the evidence that implicates the criminal goes missing due to a third party? Or better yet, the criminal is part of a group and none are aware of the others actual identities?
Even if he can mind read them and collect all the evidence he needs he still has to follow procedure and apprehend them without exposing himself.
His moral compunctions are there to add depth and make him virtuous. It's not something to make stories work, especially when J'onn has ignored them if he absolutely has to or is overly emotional.
>A lot of good stories are built around how OP this is.
I'm aware.

>And if the criminal has no recollection of the crime? Or his memory is faulty?
Not him but if he witnessed the crime the memory is engraved in his mind, even if he forgets its still there, that's why hypnosis (sometimes) works.
>Or better yet, the criminal is part of a group and none are aware of the others actual identities?
the same way it goes for the normal procedure? try and pierce the clues and ascertain the identities?
>Even if he can mind read them and collect all the evidence he needs he still has to follow procedure and apprehend them without exposing himself.
Assuming of course he's trying to make his power a secret, he can still state the evidence was collected with normal detective work (using mind reading to point him in the right direction)
>His moral compunctions are there to add depth and make him virtuous. It's not something to make stories work, especially when J'onn has ignored them if he absolutely has to or is overly emotional.
You are correct in this, but the question was whether or not the mind reading power was useful

>pierce
Meant "piece"

>Let me just read this perps mind
>BLAM
>Oh...Oh that's unfortunate

That's actually why it works. He knows who the culprits are but has to figure out how to lead the police to them and how to find evidence.

In real life it is far from established that hypnosis works at all.
Exactly.

He can just make them confess anyway.

>itt no one ever watched an episode of Columbo

I facepalm everytime Flash trips.

but who did trip more? JL Flash or Kid Flash in Young Justice?

I wonder if there's an alternate universe where J'onn's telepathy works just fine, but he always gets stuck in walls instead.

That's what those punks get for relying on their super powers rather than their skills like Batman

But Batman relies on his money very heavily.
dem batgadgets aren't cheap yo

>shapeshifting
>phasing
>telepathy+
>flight
>superstrength
>eyebeams
Even with getting AHHHHHHHGHHHHH'd he's still objectively the best member of the League.