Neo Yokio

Why do i listen to you /co you promised me a good show.

>you will never be made this upset by a joke
Kys fag

>hot
Whatever you say, bro

> Being this upset about such a basic joke
This herb

And, like a fool, you believed.

obviously a fucking joke

no shit but the joke was shit.

its an improvement

I keep seeing these screenshots, haven't watched the show, but I must ask:
Is this like a parody, or are they completely serious with this dialogue?

a little of both but the delivery is godawful

Why was Jude Law in this

It comes off as something they meant to be a parody but accidentally started getting into it and taking seriously as they worked on it.

It was one of the shows weaker gags. Still a good show in general though.

Let it be know that Jaden Smith is involved in this, you may take that however you want.

>good show
I was promised a good show not a meh show or a passable show a "Good Show" this cartoon was trying to be too many things at once

>Still a good show in general though.
How desperate do you have to be to consider tihs a good show

This was the one time that it felt like they were actually being serious. I don't know if they were intending on it being serious or not but it was the worst scene in the entire show.

Not that user but I thought it was pretty funny. Ended too quickly and I unironically hope there's a second season.

Nigger, if you don't think people like it the same way they like the room then you're just as delusional as Jaden you autist.

Same reason anyone else was involved- Money.

I mean he's not wrong, it's his face that's holding him back.

Nobody knows. It's definitely meant to be ironically bad on some level, but it's hard to tell if the jokes flopping is part of the joke or if they're just badly written.

>Is this like a parody, or are they completely serious with this dialogue?
Be aware that that question can be asked of the entire show.

This is the age where people appreciate ironic things no matter how terrible the quality this is.

This is ironic anime so people say it's better than it actually is. If it was serious it would have been thrown away instantly.

That's the joke, you idiot.

What's great about Neo Yokio is you can't tell if it's self aware or not. Like it kind of bills itself as anti-capitalism but there's really only one line of dialogue in the whole show that could be said to be an honest critique and that's in the last episode and it's pretty quickly glossed over. The rest of the time it comes across as extremely bourgeoisie almost as if they think that's normal. In any event it's a great show to watch with friends. It's like the room but spread out across 6 episodes.

its post-ironic memecore. neither parody nor serious

Everyone who has said it is a good show has said it was either funny or so stupid/ridiculous it is funny. If you were looking for plot or even fanservice then you definitely looked at the wrong show.

This is the most adequate description

there's a level of commitment one is willing to put into a lie i felt this one went above the norm

There was the second episode with the blue-haired chick suddenly becoming an anarchist and deciding the school ball they were going to was just symbolic of the decadent excess of the bourgeois, but it takes up maybe four or five minutes of the episode and the rest of it is so chock-full of bizarre and absurd shit (this' where the 'no big tolberone for you' meme came from, and later in the episode the main character has to stop his prom date, who spontaneously turned in to a giant crystal skull that shot fireballs from its eyes, who also had the most surreal texan accent I've ever heard) that you're not sure what's supposed to be taken seriously and what isn't.

Bear in mind that I was borderline black-out drunk while watching this with friends, so I might just be misremembering things.

You know what Op, You don't deserve this big Toblerone.

>Texan

Uh I think you will find she was from North Cackalacka, user.

Is this what cartoons are going to be in the future?
I can't wait for some super villain to conquer the world and restore some sense into people.