Would the show have been better without him? Or if he was replaced with some other character...

Would the show have been better without him? Or if he was replaced with some other character? Or if he was a girl instead? Or an animal?

The show would have been better if he was younger than 14 so he didn't come across as a fucking retard. And if he wasn't a giant pussy. And if he actually lived with Greg.

A lot of things would have made the show significantly better.

>Or an animal?
He's already a pig, so scratch that one

it would be better if he was with Greg more and less with the Crystal Gems. They are a bad influence at times

His cloying personality is grating and tiresome. Not to mention the fact that his sanctimonious attitude towards every predicament tends to get stale after a while.

sometimes his character can just plainly be annoying/obnoxious which sometimes is unnecessary to the plot of some eps

CHANGE HIS FUCKING VOICE ACTOR ALREADY
Adventure Time did. Gumball did.

SU would be better if Steven were replaced by a young lad with an ounce of testosterone. Tell me I'm wrong.

No Need for Greg is vastly superior to Steven Universe

I think it's more of a problem with the show rewarding him for it and emphasizing how right he always is rather than the character traits themselves.

>Adventure Time did
retard alert

>gumball did it
And it was shit

>AT did it
No

Steven needs to lose a few times, and in a big way.

A few pounds would be a good start.

Does anyone have that "what if user was the MC of SU" image?

Are you forgetting Finn’s VA was changed after the pilot?

Maybe if he was allowed to actually grow up. We had a first season episode about how his physical age has a ton to do with how mature he's feeling mentally and he's been through a ton of heavy shit, yet he's fucking shrinking. Why not just let him grow?

>I-I was totally referring the pilot, guys.

Sure you are, Steven.

I think what he meant was that Adventure Time let the actor use his natural voice which got deeper over time instead of castrating him so his voice was still high pitched and young sounding.
They aren't letting Steven do that, the actor has to sound artificially young and it's very grating at times.

"Pearl, show me your itty bitty titties!"
"user!"
"Yeah Pearl, whip 'em out!"
"AMETHYST!"

"By the way, Amethyst your mouth looks like a dog pussy."

Fuck, where did I left that Scaramouche pic?

I would have preferred the show if he were a cute girl, yes

The show would have been better if only 66 to 75% of episodes were focused on steven. Instead, we have 99% episodes with him, the rest is with Ronaldo

I don't think making him younger improves this. He doesn't have the curiosity, naivety or enthusiasm that makes child characters likable. He doesn't seem child-like just remarkably immature and entitled(so only the worst parts of children). He lacks the energy or charm that makes a good main character. Not to mention that he is often used as voice of reason which makes his rash and irresponsible behavior in other situations seem incredibly dissonant. In the progression of a decent story this behavior would have been more prevalent at the beginning and as the stakes increased he'd learn to be more prudent, however in SU the opposite would seem to be true. While at the beginning of the show Steven made bad decisions and even got into danger, he never acted in a way to knowingly endanger himself and others with almost reckless abandon, but he begins to do this more as the show goes on. It is because of this inconsistency and regression that makes him hard to relate to or sympathize with that his character removes emotional weight from many scenes, and this is true of many other characters. The problems with this show are much larger than Steven.

The show would be better if he turned evil or became corrupted in such a way that it makes him appear older because it's made him mature mentally

I think Amethyst could roll with it

"Woof woof user! You been staring at a lot of dog pussy lately?"

Here you go

>You been staring at a lot of dog pussy lately?
>Barneyfag.jpg

If he changed then yes. I dont hate steven as much as other anons. That doesnt mean hes perfect. Honestly i wish he was older, maybe 16. I also wosh he was taller and less dopey looking. Oh sure, he can still be short, just not the size of a fucking midget. Also, i wish he was shown to be more like a teen, includness implied puberty and liking girls sexually like a normal kid. If you ask me connnie shouldnt exsist, and anythest shouldve taken her place, or even peridot. He can cry sometimes but just not all the fucking time.

no one counts the fucking pilot you retard

kek

What, the fuck?
>this show changed VA's after a pilot episode not even part of the main series and stayed with the second one for 7 years even through puberty
>thus this other show should change voice actors
God I hate this website

You don't need to change Steven, you just need to make it so the show isn't locked to his perspective. Just fucking imagine if every shitty townie episode was replaced with an episode about a more interesting character.

Ay that's our boi!

The Roast of Pink Pigboy

He really isn't easy on the eyes.

It'd be better if the show actually went somewhere.

Tl;dr

They should've have him go gull on shonen. They ripped off every other element from anime, why not go a bit further.

The show would actually go somewhere if there was a major death or controversy in it or surrounding it

>Damn Steven! Lapis got shot by mexicans!

He was a good character in the first season sure he wasn't perfect but he was likable enough and he had a great dynamic with everyone
It's actually pretty ironic how he is in every episode but when the show stopped focusing on him to tell pearl story and garnet midget shit that's when the show got bad, I would honestly rather never found out about pearls relationship with rose, they tryed to add depth but they are so fucking untalented they made pearl into a passive aggressiveness mess who does nothing but but feel sorry for herself and get more and more bitter about it, it killed the cute fun interactions between her and Steven now whenever I see her on screen remember the scene when Steven tries to chase her after she runs away crying because she left her sword to her son instead of pearl and he jumps after her and almost dies all because of her selfishness, she would have never put Steven in danger like that before but that's her character now a neurotic bitch with no reedeming qualities

>The show would have been better if he was younger than 14
i think it's funny that he's 14 and looks like a 10 years old permanently (without dangerous and impermanent shape-shifting).

If Steven is gonna forever appear 10, does that make Connie a pedophile when she decides to get jiggy with him?

Just make Connie the main character

>>White diamond comes in a wrecks everybody

I think it would be kind of funny if they did a Connie teen pregnancy arc due to Steven fusing with her while damaged and leaving bits of him in her when they separate, not to mention that's exactly the kind of controversy that would attract attention and make the show gain viewers

>revamp the entire premise, fire salt and his evil band of sjw roasties

>remove jewboy and the sjw agenda

>mc is now a cool 90's blond teen who stumbles upon a stone which turns into humanoid-mineral/gem-android hybrid alien thingy

>it wishes to learn more about this planet and mc proceeds to show it the best it can

>weird shit keeps happening around this being

>more of these aliens show up, some more aggressive or feral then others, each with different properties

>the town where it takes place starts getting tired of all the recent wacky shit and want them all gone/handled, inner city special forces gets involved

>1st season is basically story building and establishing characters with fights, making friends with some, rivals with others who refuse to deal with humans as they view them as weak primitive beings who do not respect the "great living stone" they live on, solving cases related to these aliens while trying to keep it down, eventually failing with a large scale 3-way battle between the ones with the mc, those that are not and the special forces

>they conclude that if this battle keeps escalating, it'll harm the planet and no one wants that so they decide to fuck off back to their home planet and mc goes with them

>season 2 is about mc and friends exploring this planet which seems deserted and in ruins, alien friends inform mc that it wasn't like that "long time ago™" when they left to earth, something clearly bad happened

>they search for clues, adventures and shit till they meet up with the rivals

>turns out they knew much more then they were letting on to

>they were send to scout earth for possible dangerous lifeforms and report back their battle capacity for an eventual invasion

And that's the gist of it. By the way, one important detail is to make sure the show is called:
>Naruto's Universe

Steven is too feminine to be a girl. The core SU fan-base would call the show sexist any time girl-steven starts mincing around or crying.

Poo

this