‘Black Lightning’ Casts Chantal Thuy as DC Comics’ Grace Choi

>Thuy – who has recently appeared in “Madam Secretary” and “Pretty Little Liars” – will play Grace Choi, a bartender who becomes the love interest of Anissa Pierce (Nafessa Williams). Grace is a comic book fan who befriends Anissa while she is coming to terms with her abilities and becomes Anissa’s first confidant about the struggles and challenges of having abilities.

variety.com/2017/tv/news/black-lightning-chantal-thuy-dc-comics-grace-choi-exclusive-1202602693/

I hope she dyes her hair red and turns out to be an Amazon

We better be getting red hair.

>InB4 Asian with dyed hair comment.

At least it's red and not blue.

>comic book fan
>no super strength

So this is basically nothing like the comic book character and only share her name so they can get a token minority representation. Disgusting.

There's no reason they can't reveal her powers/background later on

>character is a virtual and literal amazon
>skinny bland looking chick

Find me an Asian Amazon who is a decent actor and willing to play lesbian on TV in a third rate CW show

The Cast.

JEFFERSON PIERCE / BLACK LIGHTNING (Cress Williams)

>A former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner who is now principal of a high school in South Central Los Angeles. A father figure to his students and hero to the local community, Jefferson is charming, charismatic, smart, and has both warmth and humor. He is devoted to his two daughters and remains deeply in love with his ex-wife Lynn. He also has a great passion for justice and a quick temper that he has spent years learning how to control. Behind his model citizen image, however, he hides a great secret: He was once a meta-human vigilante with the power to manipulate electricity, who made a choice to hang up his suit and his secret identity years ago to protect his family. But with a star student being recruited by a local gang and a daughter hellbent on justice, Jefferson is pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and crimefighting legend — Black Lightning.

LYNN STEWART (Christine Adams)

>Jefferson's ex-wife, Lynn exudes confidence and intelligence. Beautiful, but not to be trifled with, she can exhibit both great emotional depth as well as a flirtatious, mischievous side. Although life has drove her away from Jefferson, they share an unique bond and are both wholeheartedly dedicated to their daughters, Anissa and Jennifer.

ANISSA PIERCE (Nefassa Williams)

>Jefferson's elder daughter. Beautiful, quick-witted and intelligent, as well as intense and passionate. Anissa has great respect for her father and balances the demands of medical school with her duties as a part-time teacher at Jefferson’s school. Bearing the same strong sense of justice as Jefferson, Anissa is determined to protect her students from the Los Angeles's criminal underworld, even if it puts her life on the line.

JENNIFER PIERCE (China Anne McClain)

>Jefferson’s younger daughter and a beautiful and agile scholar athlete. She is a student at Jefferson's school and the entitled feminist of the Pierce family. Independent and outspoken with a wild streak, Jennifer doesn't hesitate in the face of danger, and sometimes appears to throw herself in its way, to Jefferson's consternation.

Why is he black? Can't we have a white guy who shoots lightning and is a high school principal is South Central LA? Michelle Pfeiffer did something like that. Coolio was down with the struggle!

PETER GAMBI (James Remar)

>Jefferson's oldest friend and father figure, serving as a mentor and “tailor” to Black Lightning. His history with Jefferson goes back farther and deeper than anyone knows, and Gambi’s role in Jefferson’s life will become a painful window into the past that will affect the future of their relationship forever.

INSPECTOR WILL HENDERSON (Damon Gupton)

>A veteran officer of the law who is now the highest-ranking detective on the force. His role in the community puts him at odds with Black Lightning, but they soon become unlikely allies.

Ahh shit. I was thinking about watching this but that's out now. I'm still not over the 'Nam-style flashbacks MK Annihilation left me with as a kid.

KIESHA HENDERSON (Kyanna Simone Simpson)

>Detective Henderson's daughter and Jennifer's spirited best friend.

TOBIAS WHALE (Marvin "Krondon" Jones III)

>Once a politician, rising up the ranks of local government through corrupt and illegal means, Whale was brought down by Alvin Pierce, Jefferson’s father. Enraged, he murdered Alvin and was driven underground into exile. It’s there he found a place to rebuild, growing into the violent and methodical leader of Freeland's most feared gang - The 100.

>he died on Criminal Minds for this

>Muh muscle fetish
Don't worry faggot, with that thirst some chad will rape you anyday now

>casuals not knowing Amazons use a form of mental exercise that taps into their inner strength

Bana Migdhal

Nothing to do with any fetishism. I just hate when the characters are basically the character in name only. At that point just use an OC. Same reason I hate most of the X-Men films.

>mfw I just finished it on Netflix and watched the season premier a few hours ago
It's a shame, I liked him. He was no Morgan, but he was cool.

tbf, Grace is usually pretty buff

Amazons don't all looks the same

Protip for Sup Forumsmrades: she appears bare-ass naked in almost every frame she's on-screen in Twin Peaks.

Ehhhh he was bland as fuck, but then again, Criminal Minds wasn't the same after Gideon left, and now without Hotch the show is just another procedural cop show

I wonder how different the show would be if Thomas Gibson wasn't a piece of shit. Yeah, it definitely changed after Gideon left, but I've been watching it so long I feel attached to the characters, so Morgan's whole thing hit me pretty hard. Reid, too. JJ and Reid better not fucking leave. I'm glad the Scratch stuff is finally over with, though. Huge fucking presence in the show, but it went on for way too long.

Tbf no asian woman can look like grace.

not in hollywood at least