Paranatural Thread - Chapter 5 Page 228

>mr. baxter warming herself by the heat of jeff's distress

prediction: the next page will have wacky faces
why cant he keep the tension high for more than one page?

Wew, is the buzz from this fucking dead? i haven't been on Sup Forums for a while but i remember you guys fucking adoring this but i've checked the archives and this thread and they all are fucking dead, What happened?

Pacing

Pacing, dodgeball arc, muslim lesbian, lack of backgrounds, Zack going full Tumblr inability to keep a proper upOHHH GOD MY WRIST!

The core problem is that the original strip was fairly to the point, funny and nice to look at (At least once it hit its stride I suppose) and the current strip just isn't any of those things aside from a few isolated moments.
Once the story progressed however the "To the point thing" fucking evaporated because Zack has no sense of pacing. During the Train arc the comic suddenly felt obligated to introduce a billion fucking things for story telling, where the prior 3 arcs were able to go over 3 self contained events that felt complete and interesting, the current trend caused events to stop flowing organically and the Hitball arc is even worse. Currently the Hitball arc had to deal with Hijack, then the hitball game and Zarei and Zarei/Day and Spender and Spender with Zarei and the kids looking for Hijack in between and it's just a complete mess where re-reading becomes almost a necessity because of how densely yet also slowly these events are being rattled off.
It's also not quite as funny and concise anymore mostly because of how bloated this shit has become.
In terms of art the main problems are that Zack doesn't draw backgrounds anymore (being mostly gradients now, just look at the current page: The most you get is some lockers, a reflective floor and then the rest is just pure void), the comic's color is drastically different and less vibrant (Just compare some of the earlier pages with some pages sometime around the start of the latest arc) and the character's are very simplified and wacky expressions are more of a rule.
He also constantly skips updates due to his wrist, various events and unforeseen circumstances specifically because he never creates a buffer that would solve that. The update schedule he is on also seems basically unworkable for him due to all of this shit because he's just so heavily constrained.
A lot of these things might be fixable by someone who isn't a hack but this is not the case.

Adding in Black McBlind but can see through MAGIC was what killed it for me.

Pacing did it for me.
I think this webcomic has been going on for more years than it has days in universe.
The kind of webcomic where children have to be poor, hipsters or Sup Forums to justify their choice in phones.

I've a theory that when this arc ends in 30 years. It's going to be with everyone expelled or fired. Most schools tend to frown on assaulting teachers, and Ed's done it twice now.

>The kind of webcomic where children have to be poor, hipsters or Sup Forums to justify their choice in phones.
>Current chapter is going on for so long middle schoolers now have smartphones Still didn't like how Isaac was made into some sort of obnoxious otaku from pic related - it made him less of a character and more of a caricature IMO.

I haven't read since the start of the brain hijacker thing but based on what I've seen it looks like the plot has gone exactly nowhere at all. I dropped this and started reading Unsounded instead, better (in my opinion your tastes may differ) comic, better art, and actually updates on fucking time.

What really baffles me is how they keep a significantly higher pace comic updating on time while also having a faster release schedule, you'd think with this one's relatively simpler style it'd update more often, though to be fair I have no idea if Zack works on it as his job or as a side thing.

>higher pace
*higher detail
While I'm sure some people might prefer this one's style there's no denying it's got a simplistic one.

Place your bets, folks.
Will this be played straight and Hijack really is in the principal, or will this be another "FUNNY SUBVERSION OF EXPECTATIONS xD"?

Definitely the latter.

Feels like it's gonna be a dud. Though, they are gonna run out of suspects at some point. In any case, the reveal is bound to be shit.

Watch, he's in Max now or sometging, to heal his arm.

it would suddenly bring up yet another plot thread (Max being possessed by something already) in this overstuffed narrative so probably.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

In a post-post-irony era, it's not only thought difficult to find anything seriously, it's actually discouraged to do so. It's the MCU approach to storytelling.

HE POSSESSED THE DOCTOPUS

Oh yes, super big reveal that nobody ever saw coming but who cares because next page it'll be COMICALLY SUBVERTED XD anyway. This is gonna go nowhere.