Is Gurihiru the best Marvel artist right now?

Is Gurihiru the best Marvel artist right now?

no, it looks like a webcomic, too flat, boring looking, recycling entire pages instead of creating new artwork, generic coloring.

No, but they're the best when it comes the cutesier style that a lot of modern artists try and fail at. Also, I'd definitely take GuriHiru over all the bland-ass house style artists of varying qualities that Marvel employs.

Best artists though? Eh, I'd give that to Ward over on Black Bolt. Dauterman over on Mighty Thor is also really fucking good. Also, one of the main reasons that GuriHiru's art (as well as Ward's for that matter) is so good is because they do their own coloring. Marvel hires plenty of great artists but their staple of colorists are fucking horrible. Like, "ruins otherwise good line-work" horrible.

When it comes to Marvel's art output, them skimping out on getting quality colorists, and to a lesser extent inkers, is hands down their biggest problem. You could have the best line-art in the business but it's not going to matter when some amateur hack colors over the whole thing with photoshop gradient and fill-bucket tools and calls it a day.

>) is so good is because they do their own coloring

that's the problem, they can't keep up with a montly book, the artwork is never impressive to the point that you can say ''you can't do that on a weekly book, only in a monthly title you can take the time to do this!''

And then they spend even more time doing that generic as fuck coloring? Terrible team right there

Stop reading and shilling your waifu.

Best is subjective because gurihiru art wouldn't work on all books.

Best at cute? Probably. Though Takeshi Miyazawa is up there too.

Idk I'm pretty sure that there's a bunch of others that could give him a run for his money (pic related)

nah, even that terrible cap event had amazing artwork compared to this this bore fest

One person does the line-art, the other does the inking and coloring. It would actually take longer if they didn't do their own inking and coloring because then they'd have to do the line-art, then send it to Marvel so the editor could send it to the line-artist so then the line-artist could send it back to Marvel so the editor could then send it to the colorist who would then send it back to Marvel so the editor could then send it to the letterist, etc.

By doing their own inking and coloring, one person can work on one page of line-art while the other works on the inking and coloring, so you skip out on some of the unnecessary extra steps found in the assembly line Big 2 style of art creation.

Even America is able to create a couple of really good pages, Gwenpool doesn't have anything that looks this good, OP pic looks too much ''muh photoshop!!!!'' it doesn't look natural

>send it to the line-artist so then the line-artist
Inker, rather.

>him
Gurihiru is a pair of middle-aged japanese women.

>the other does the inking and coloring.

fire that person because if all she or he is bringing to the table is generic coloring and shading then that's your weakest point right there.

I always said that nips were really shitty at coloring comic books

They are great at what they do, and they are a good fit for Gwenpool and an even better one for Power Pack.

They're not "Marvel artists" though. I don't want them tied to those pricks. Their Avatar stuff is great, and I want them to get into their own stuff more.

I disagree. In fact, I'd say their coloring and inking are far better than the vast majority of the ones that Marvel hires on the cheap which have consistently made most of their books look like trash. I'm not saying its some best-in-class coloring, Ward is a better colorist for example, but it's better than most of Marvel's house colorists in so far as its actually competently done. A small baseline, but a baseline that few at Marvel can seem to hit. But hey, there's no accounting for tastes. I can understand how the flatter style they use wouldn't be to everyone's tastes, but I think it fits the art style perfectly.

Who are some colorists and/or inkers in the industry that you consider particularly good?

Same thing basically

Yes and always thought they should exclusively do DC work, their talents are too good for Marvel when there are the hacks like Henderson or Gabby ruining it.

I think Deuterman is the best, but I never understood why Ward is so much liked.

Kuder's GotG work is peak right now alongside Thor and Black Bolt

>but it's better than most of Marvel's house colorists in so far as its actually competently done

I disagree, even Squirrel Girl has better colors, they look more vibrant and different compared to Ben 10 season 1/Gwenpool

>their talents are too good for Marvel
Sure, we would't want waste generic animu faces and people standing with their arms down in a Marvel book, no, DC deserves that amazing artistic vision!

Kuder still can’t draw females.

You still have coipel at unworthy thor

>Who are some colorists and/or inkers in the industry that you consider particularly good?

Jordie Bellaire's coloring has been carrying Kubert's phoned in art on PPSSM.

This. Their art isn't even good by shonen jump standards.

Is Rocafort still drawing for Marvel?

Javier Rodriguez and Ramon Perez are my two favorites

Marvel actually has a surprisingly large amount of good artists. Even Ruriman has pretty solid stuff. Their problem is the writing.

Oh yeah, I don't think there's anyone that'd claim that Bellaire isn't one of if not the best colorist in the industry. Top fucking tier work there.

Nope. He's working on that not!Spider-man book for Dark Matter now.