JSA Storytime: Zenith

Good evening owls,

I have completely lost the plot but this is where I think we were?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Manruss/status/925510174571245568
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_and_the_Unicorn
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Robert_Beale
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hoot hoot

twitter.com/Manruss/status/925510174571245568

one of us

are you ready for Kot's Bloodborne

>“This story is titled ‘Poison-X,’ and it crosses over issues of X-Men Blue and Venom,” Bunn said, laying out the basics of the mutants/symbiotes crossover. “I’m not sure how much I can give away… It involves alien symbiotes. It involves the Starjammers. It takes the X-Men to the far reaches of space and pits them against a terrible and unexpected foe. This adventure changes the X-Men — some more than others. And — hey! — it’s exciting for me to write a few more issues of Venom!”

>That’s all well and good, but it’s what happens after the crossover that will likely get the most discussion and speculation going among fans of the current X-Men Blue team.

>“Because of things that happen in the space adventure, you’re going to see a completely new team of X-Men take shape,” Bunn told CBR. “That team will be dealing with some major story threads, including the revelation of Mothervine, the strange secondary mutations that are popping up with some long-standing mutant characters.”

>What this means for the ultimate fate of the Marvel Universe’s time-displaced young heroes remains to be seen, but you have to wonder how or if the new team will address the return of the adult Jean Grey from her grave, and whether that will play into the adjusted line-up. And what does the Mothervine have to do with it?

also are you ready for nothing about the x men to change at all

>not storytiming something topical

Who isn't?

Hold on, I'm storytiming some Crossed soon.

>tfw fucking Venom is everywhere
Also I am really growing sick of there being five versions of every popular Marvel character at this point.

lol n00b

lol Ales Kot

god, that's dire

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_and_the_Unicorn

I dread what Jean coming back means for Emma.

>lol n00b
???????

Bunn seems like the only person at Marvel who's actually enthusiastic

we are never topical except by accident

okay, maybe like once or twice

god I'll be ready when this CSS script is done because I'm too loopy to block it right

Once the Venom movie bombs then Venom will go away

They're just trying to have trades ready for when the movie comes out

Also marvel is just copying DC since DC's most popular franchises are amazons, kryptonians, fast guys, guys with rings, and powerless guys

real subtle Grant

oh boy can't wait for Venom to join the X-men

Bottom right corner of the page

>DC's most popular franchises are amazons
This has to be bait.

I wish Bunn wasn't so mediocre. But then again the writer situation at Marvel is dire in general right now albeit I am sure some of it is on editorial phoning it in, too.

I'm so tired I misread that as "Motherverine". That's so fucking stupid it could be an upcoming arc. Give it time, I'm sure that's on a whiteboard somewhere at the X-office.

Well, the most popular costume this year IS Wonder Woman...

Compared to other franchises, yes, WW is popular

oh god bless you

I DID TOO

I will say this for Wil Moss: USG et al. and his book aren't my thing, but they are doing what they intend to. SO much of the mainline is ????? in terms of idea-->execution.

oh Grant

Yeah, there's clearly an audience who's really enjoying it, so I say more power to them. Definitely not worth getting upset about like Sup Forums does.

They're literally killing comics, you morons

So I finally read the first volume of The Wicked and Divine and holy shit, that was a huge mistake. McKelvie really does bring out the worst in Gilles.

>SO much of the mainline is ????? in terms of idea-->execution.
And ????? in terms of what kind of audience the books are supposed to be aimed at. There usually at least one big turn off for any given audience involved, like doing a BuckyNat book that also has ClintNat in it.

I have such little faith that I worry that they are going to retcon her into mind-controlling Scott into liking her in the first place or something equally awful

you don't have to ironically shitpost in this thread, it's okay

tell me more

Me too. I don't trust them at all not to throughoutly ruin Emma in every way possible.

>Report: Fort Worth Comic Shop's Sales Plummet 500% After Release of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1, Converts to Funko POP Warehouse to Recoup Sales

Right, they know some things about targeting books, and there's a lot to be said for "broad mass appeal" but too many of them feel like they're going for those mutually exclusive audiences

They're not even making her awesomely trashy villainous, it's just dumb

I hate that you're right.

Anyone here read Army@Love? I really wonder how Sup Forums would react to that brand of satire.
Then again, a few years later Vietch did his "9/11 was an inside job" comic and has not been seen since. Related, has anyone else (besides that x-men gold guy) kill their careers in such a way?

Justiniano is in jail for having cp

New rule: if you want to reset a reformed villain to villainy you have to justify it with at least two great stories with them as a villain. The relapses of Sandman, Radioactive Man, Zemo, Juggernaut or Emma have not resulted in any stories that made ruining perfectly good character developement worth it at all.

I think user is looking specifically for career-killing creative choices, not Gerard Jones.

I guess Dixon's come back but doing CLINTON CASH sure hasn't helped him out

I'll drink to that

I just get madder when I think of everything Bru warped around him to Make Bucky Happen

Dixon is also doing the Alt-Hero comic which probably won't help his big two career.

I remember Simone used to vouch for Dixon, wonder how she feels about him now.

>I guess Dixon's come back but doing CLINTON CASH sure hasn't helped him out
I'm wondering if he'll ever see another big two book again after Bane wraps up, what with his alt h stint

Yeah, I'm really not up for getting derailed onto that topic but Foxy Voxy has gone full-on fourteen words and Dixon should be ashamed of himself

It fills me with schadenfreude that nobody can figure out what to do with Bucky and at the same time it makes me madder because a number of good characters got ruined for the fucker for nothing worthwhile whatsoever.

I think I remember her saying something about still thinking he's a nice guy despite their disagreements, might be thinking of someone other than Dixon though

>people keep falling for damifag threads

Cucks
Dixon is BASED

oh nooooo

Really curious whatll happen if more people knew Dixon was the one writing it and that he was writing something for the big two again (Bane Conquest 5 15,768 out of 12), but most people are laughing at althero and aren't aware he's writing something at dc lol

EVS maybe? they're like polar opposites on the political scale but they've worked together and I know she said they get along

Also Namorfag.

I already told you, you don't have to ironically shitpost in this thread

I still love Bucky despite his lack of good comics for years

Ed Piskor is the only thing X related that doesn’t make me wanna hang and it’s a damn mini

A TWEEEST

Does Dixon need finances that badly or something? I remember his Hillary satire book/comic sold really well.

Knightfall is like Death in the Family and The Night Gwen Stacy Died, people only like it because it's "an old classic" and something significant happened in it.
And everything else he's written is mediocre and only the best of that character because every other writer's output for the character was bad.

Foxy Voxy and his ilk going on about being triggered reminds me of this comic.

Can't spell Sup Forumsntrarian without Sup Forums

He's probably a trillionaire from Bane merchandise so I doubt he needs money.

I'm going more with "he thinks it's not uninteresting and it's broadly up his ideological alley and he either hasn't dug enough or is in denial enough about what he's actually partnering with"

I still enjoy the action comics vibe of Dixon BoP

"unintentionally gay Connor Hawke" is funny, tho

Butch Guise gaying it up is even funnier

And it was worth it to see Comicosity Guy have a rage out.

>HE. IS. THE. ENEMY!

Hilarious.

that is 100% his MO

if you want to get blocked quickly, just ask him about his dad, lol

Which comicosity guy?

Imagine if he got money every time somebody baneposted

Gillen’s histerpness is turned up to 11, it’s hello fellow kids to the max, all the characters are the most boring unlikeable people around, there’s no reason why the people worship these gods at all, and the characters have the worst case of resting bitch face I’ve ever seen.

It also reminds of the image where someone is dressed as a nazi, gets told to fuck off, then starts crying about abuse

By the way, did you see Comicosity actually LIKED that dreadful DC Halloween special?

the site owner

Comicosity doesn't pay but it's also one dude supporting it no ads, so it's not a company shill place

no one even said anything bad about him, odd shitpost tbqh

How many issues is Piskor X-Men supposed to get?

Can you guys expand on this a bit? I loved Brubaker's Cap, I truly believe that there hasn't been a run of comparative quality since. (I liked Dimension Z). I understand how sacrilegious the concept of bringing Bucky back was, but honestly, the Winter Soldier arc had no business being as good as it was.
Maybe I'm looking back through rose-colored lenses, because that was the last run that I actually collected in floppies from month to month. I kinda lost interest some time into BuckyCap, and when I read about Reborn, I was glad I did.

Yeah.
But they're opinions, when not harmless, skew toward baffling.

1 out of 2 on the solicits, but it might be a trilogy, so 6 total

The best part is they aren't even pretending to care about AltHero beyond making people mad and THEY get mad when you aren't mad and laugh about it instead.

What about his dad? Is he in prison or dead for something stupid or did he pull a Max Landis' dad?

McKelvie resting bitchface is....something

The one thing that does impress me about W+D is that Gillen is in Full Fucking Lecture Mode significant parts of the time, but he does take the audience POV character to some remarkably unlikeable places for her role

1) Bucky's new backstory is *liberally* lifted from FabNic's Jack Monroe Nomad run, and Jack ends up dead in the trunk of a car

2) Especially for us, Bru took where Zemo was after Born Better and brutally regressed him because he wanted his Cap villain back

Tax Protestor

Voxy lives in Switzerland; dad is a notorious sovcit tax frauder who's in jail in the US

biased, of course, but: rationalwiki.org/wiki/Robert_Beale

The way he wrote Natasha as Bucky's Supportive Girlfirend and the retcons he did on Natasha's past in order to warp her around Bucky in a way that has done really shit things for her character, for one.

1) Nobody fucking cares about that literally who.
2) Zemo is a villain through and through, this redemption bullshit is nothing more than that, bullshit.

I honestly hate Twitter personalities. I don't want to go in that direction but you Americans need to sort your shit out. Like I get the current climate but when you see the Twitter it looks like everybody is the biggest political/social activist or something when in reality they've done fuck all.

> Bucky's new backstory is *liberally* lifted from FabNic's Jack Monroe Nomad run, and Jack ends up dead in the trunk

Also liberally lifted from FabNic's Nomad/Scourge plot from Thunderbolts.

lol

here's your (You)

Black Widow has always been a supporting character at best, get your head out of your ass.

did we get some n00bs? I'm confused tonight

No argument left to make? Guess I win.

Is that an American thing? I see Brits doing the same armchair political analyst shit.

That's just the internet, giving everyone a platform.

this really IS the proto-Hickmanvengers, damn

Probably the same person shitposting here.

Nat sucks though

>1) Bucky's new backstory is *liberally* lifted from FabNic's Jack Monroe Nomad run, and Jack ends up dead in the trunk of a car
>2) Especially for us, Bru took where Zemo was after Born Better and brutally regressed him because he wanted his Cap villain back
Ok, that makes sense. If I had any fondness for those characters, it would probably stick in my craw too. I loved T-Bolts, but as we all know, you can't expect a reformed villain to be allowed to stay that way, no matter how good the writing is.
As for Nomad, I have a confession to make. My only real exposure to that character was SECRET DEFENDERS in the 90s...and he was less than inspiring in that.

You see people doing it with anything, like during the Olympics when they become gymnastics experts.

Humanity was a mistake.

I can't say I feel the Nomad stuff on an emotional level, but it was really interesting to have it pointed out to me by someone who'd read and enjoyed the run

Shitting all over Born Better and all that character work, though, that's bullshit, and *right* after it

>don't have an argument
>better call him a shitposter

And on Nat, if Taika Waititi wants to make a comedic Black Widow movie, more power to him just because it's not RED IN MY FUCKING LEDGER