Toonami Ratings for 10/28/17

Countdown, the next Toonami TIE, will start this Saturday at 11pm

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Set for 2018.

I TURNED THE BLOCK INTO SAMURAI JACK MORTY, ITS AIRED A MILLION TIMES BUT I DID IT! IT GOT BETTER RATINGS THAN THE NORMAL LINEUP MORTY BUT I DONT CARE, ITS SAMURAI JAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK

11:00 Samurai Jack (r) 745 0.34 439
11:30 Samurai Jack (r) 675 0.29 376
12:00a Samurai Jack (r) 678 0.27 346
12:30a Samurai Jack (r) 618 0.25 328

1:00a Samurai Jack (r) 562 0.23 300
1:30a Samurai Jack (r) 569 0.25 325
2:00a Samurai Jack (r) 559 0.26 331
2:30a Samurai Jack (r) 496 0.22 288
3:00a Samurai Jack (r) 421 0.19 244
3:30a Samurai Jack (r) 447 0.21 267

Other urls found in this thread:

watchcartoononline.com/garo-vanishing-line-episode-2-english-dubbed#
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupin_the_Third_Part_IV
youtube.com/watch?v=o231fOo8cNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also the AS ratings before and after Toonami aren't being posted anymore, and I don't give enough of a shit to compile them myself, so don't expect those anymore

Best

Here's last week's numbers:

8:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 735 0.24
8:30 Dragon Ball Super 736 0.29

11:00 Dragon Ball Super 940 0.43
11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai 860 0.40
12:00 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 696 0.35
12:30 Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans 648 0.32
1:00 Hunter x Hunter 623 0.31
1:30 Lupin the 3rd: Part IV 541 0.28
2:00 Naruto Shippuden 632 0.33
2:30 Outlaw Star 427 0.21
3:00 Cowboy Bebop 427 0.21
3:30 Ghost in the Shell: STAND ALONE COMPLEX 2nd Gig 385 0.19

Well damn. So Demarco is a genius then?

Going with the comparisons, it looks like Jack beat out the block except for the DB power hour. Still impressive for a show that's been rerun about six times now.

Looks like JoJo beat it barely as well.

That too. People saw that it was a Jack marathon, remembered how good the first three episodes were and then bailed after. Not sure how this ranks with other marathons that we've had, especially since this is the first one post-block expansion, right?

>Regular premiere lineup stomped by the millionth airing of Jack
Why should AS even bother with Toonami anymore? Cancel it, leave Super at 8 and just rerun Jack every Saturday. It's free and does better. Literally no downsides

Aren't post-marathon ratings usually late? Weird.

>When the general constantly shits on Samurai Jack and it outperforms most of the lineup anyway
You can always count on a samurai

Christ, this is embarrassing. Now Demarco is guaranteed not to stop with the shitty marathons. And we will probably get ANOTHER Jack one next year.

I really won't be surprised if Jack is aired for every marathon now.

Yes because they are usually on holidays, which Halloween is not

So the marathon was double pointless? Such fuckery at work. Faggotry.

Yes people said this 3 weeks ago when it was announced

Who /bored to tears/ here?

Ditto. Didn't really get to celebrate the way I wanted to, which is par for the course by now, but still.

You know what the scariest thing in the world is?

Is if they give KLK another rerun.

Anyways, he will SAVE US!

Me. Live in a gang infested minority neighborhood so no one goes out to celebrate Halloween anymore. I've never seen my neighborhood so dead as I do around this time of year lately. I wanna go back but I know I can't. It hurts.

If FLCL ends up doing well in the ratings, hopefully it will prompt more original content.

It wasn't pointless. It revealed that nothing can save the block at this point if the same 10 eps DeMarco's been spamming for months can hold its own better than the block can. FLCL's going to crash and burn next year and the block soon after that. I say we just stop focusing on quantity and more on quality. Say what you do about the ratings, the back half of the block has become pretty great tv lately. If we could do that for the whole block, I would be okay with the block going out on a high note like that. Also, Super needs to die. It was, is, and always will be a mistake. If anyone tells you 'it gets good next episode, they're a damn liar. The best parts of it are the Vegeta eps but the writers keep shilling Goku. I'd actually prefer GT at this point. At least there, everyone's not a complete retard and the plot is kinda fun.

>If FLCL ends up doing well in the ratings
user, you already know that's not going to happen. Even if it did, there's no way DeMarco has the budget for that kind of stuff anymore. CN as a whole's not doing so well lately fucking Christina Miller and Toonami's ratings have been sub 900k at best for the past few months now. I think even CN realizes it's over at this point. I wouldn't doubt they already have a plan to phase out the block and put any remaining episodes online after FLCL ends next year.

>ANOTHER Jack one next year.
You mean next month. Don't forget the Samurai Jack Thanksgiving marathon and the Samurai Jack Christmas special followed by a Samurai Jack special New Years marathon.

> why should AS even bother with Toonami anymore?

because the block is a viable brand that lets more focused content get made. Regular [as] stuff can do things like the Rickbus tour while Toonami has the game reviews and story scenes.

Any chance Toonami will ever get another action oriented anime that is pretty unknown but still fun? Parasite and Dimension W were so much fun to watch with you guys.

KLK would resave the block. shit would explode if they air unedited at midnight

>game reviews
No one cares about these, they are never honest and mostly focus on niche games no one has ever heard of
>story bits
You mean the things that get phased out more and more each year? The blocks packaging has become really soulless, it has no personal touches anymore and the in betweens are pretty much all "we will be back to X after this". They add things like that worm, but because they have such a piss poor budget they never are able to actually incorporate the thing into the packaging aside from some bumpers that played literally one night.

The only thing Toonami was bringing to the table over streaming was the TOM touch, and Demarco decided they should get rid of that

Not so long as Demarco is in charge. All he goes for is the latest FotM, then bitches on twitter there are no licenses for shows to buy. Which is code for, we got outbid on all the FotM that bombs anyway and don't want to dig a little deeper

We haven't had a show pull over a million viewers in about 6 months. FLCL is a niche series, and a lot of those fans were booing these new seasons at announcement because they know they are gonna be a shitty cashgrab, which was further supported by the lack of any original staff.

The only thing it's gonna do is give AS a reason NOT to fund more content for the block

I stayed for the entire marathon.

I did it.

I did my part to keeping the block alive.

I feel.. empty however. like something was ripped out.

ONE PIECE

got too expensive for the ratings it was pulling

>Garo: Vanishing Line is getting dubbed only two episodes behind the Jap releases
>Toonami didn't jump on it
Has Dimension W killed Toonami's thirst for simul-dubs?
watchcartoononline.com/garo-vanishing-line-episode-2-english-dubbed#

More like they haven't aired the other content and aren't just gonna throw a random season on.

Plus that isn't even the problem. Dimension W did great, but the only reason they got it was because Funi thought it would do terrible so they didn't care. Funimation doesn't give Toonami access to simuldubs unless they are an assumed bomb. Or unless the contract was made years prior, which is why AoT S2 hit the block

>Production I.G. working on FLCL
>look into a little more
>studio NUT is also listed
>literally a brand new studio with only one project under their belt that was released this year, Youjo Senki
I'll bet I.G. passes most of the work off to NUT under the guise of experience building for them, with the real reason being to use them as an excuse for why this inevitable piece of shit bombs

AoT

>only one project under their belt that was released this year, Youjo Senki
Was it at least any good?

Well, this is the end beautiful friends. After more than 7 months, this is One Piece Fag's final post. I've had a lot of fun, and I'd like to think each and every one of you who gave me (you)s. Shitposting wouldn't have been anything without you. Hopefully, I've left you with some fond memories. We'll never meet again, so I'd just like to remind everyone that ONE PIECE IS THE BEST SELLING COMIC BOOK OF ALL TIME, WOOOOOOOOORLD WIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!

Oh man.

Best travels you wonderful bastard.

Wan Piss still s-sucks f-f-fag... Don't go OPfag, please.

The only reason they aired Dimension W was because Funimation was actually a production partner on the series, not because they thought it would do bad. However the show was largely ignored in Japan and quickly forgotten after its US broadcast

I won't try to stop you, but I want you to know that wherever you go, I'll always think of you when anons get mad about OP being posted in the generals.

Eat a dick, my friend.

a shit! A SHIT!

Its finally over.

>He actually thought they would stop doing marathons on or near holidays
They were literally never going to do this regardless of the fact that Halloween was on a Tuesday (Hell a lot of channels ended up airing specials or reruns on Saturday anyway)

Then again you're the same retards who complained about Labor Day marathons because "Nobody travels on Labor Day!"

Really need to lower my expectations concerning a bunch of basement dwellers who never leave their homes and watch all their anime on TV for some ungodly reason

IDK why but this marathon felt so different from any of the others we've had. Pretty much what 5 said, though I didn't actually watch the marathon itself, just shitposted. I felt so empty this time around and barely even wanted to make it to the generals if not for HGfag who's game proved to be the only thing of interest during the night. No matter how bad things got, I always stuck around to get gold at the end. Saturday's marathon, for me though, was finally the night the magic died out. I don't care about the TIE event nor do I care about the block's future anymore. Even the tripfags are all bailing. Hell, I already tune out of IBO as is. Super's really starting to wane on me and Kai's just a rehash. I really want to get off the ride. The only reason I'm still here at this point is because of you fags, so thanks anons.

This

At least if they did and it tanked, the KLK fags would stop spamming us.

At least OP is being light hearted this week instead of their usual cynical bitch self.

>Super is already behind enough already
>They choose to delay it because of Halloween
>Halloween isn't even close
>Reairs are out of the question for some stupid reason
I hope whoever handles this gets replaced. The spics are already in the middle of the black arc and we JUST reached Goku vs Hit.

>The spics are already in the middle of the black arc and we JUST reached Goku vs Hit.
How many eps do they get a week?

Somewhere around 5. Plus they don't get delays.

Yeah, we're never catching up. We could at least make the two eps at 8 both be new but no, 1 new ep and 2 reruns. DeMarco really is shit.

>unedited
Wow a two whole scenes that they cut out!

Well, the thing is that after the Goku Black saga is done, the LatAm dub will be on hiatus until 2018, so that they can finish dubbing the AYYY LMAO saga non stop.

Still, at 5 eps a week, even with a hiatus, they'll still be far ahead of us.

Hi guys I am the dude who says 'Later' in some form or another with some follow up text and sometimes I use the same image to say goodnight. well last week was the last time I will be saying it and I just wanna say that watching this block is still a possibility and most likely will continue to do so. I guess the point of my post is that I took up shit posting for a living once a week and feel that I am entitled to some drama as my thread persona has run its course with me and due to my relentless posting you noticed me a few times here and there and that attention no longer gave me a tingle in my pants.

So from this thread forth I will be the guy who says later, but not use a period at the end of 'later'

Thank you for the (you)s and stuff and look forward to some more

Good to know Iron Blooded Ovaries is failing so hard

Samurai Jack Season 6 confirmed at this point.

When does Toonami get something new? This lineup is getting kinda stale

Going with timelines, Lupin and IBO S2 will be the next shows to go. One of those slots will be FLCL, assuming that it's ready so that potentially leaves us with a single slot to work with.

Because of the way the block is set up, long-runners (i.e. any show longer than 52 episodes) are still prevalent, since we have:

>DB Super
>DBZ Kai
>HxH (will end in 2019)
>Shippuden

So when does Lupin end?

I haven't watched a single ep so far. That half an hour is officially my shit break for the night.

According to Wikipedia here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupin_the_Third_Part_IV

It looks like we have about 8 episodes left. If Veteran's Day isn't a marathon day, then it should be off the block by January 20th. Can't remember if November gets us 2 marathons or 1. I know December is definitely 2.

>January 20th
JUST

Will we make it through 2018?

It's worth it.

Everyone know it would fail. The first season was awful, who thought the second would do any better?

Probably not. Not a single thing this year has caused ratings to improve. It's just been a gradual slide down. FLCL is probably the only reason they keep the lights on at this point

>Samurai Rerun slapped the regular lineups shit

Jason just keeps on trying to kill Toonami.

but these ratings were better than the normal block.

I'll carry on your legacy. I mean, after all, One Piece has sold more than 500 million books.

How many books has Samurai Jack or Tokyo Ghoul sold? EXACTLY. I still can't believe you shitters wanted Tokyo Ghoul on the block over One Piece. Disgusting.

>Toonami will never air Big Mom

RIP in one piece OPfag
youtube.com/watch?v=o231fOo8cNg

How do we fix Toonami? Should we just drop it and air the shows that still get new episodes alongside the rest of Adult Swims and show 1 or 2 cancelled things a week?

more boobs

ie more one piece

Aqua Teen movie this Saturday immediately following Toonami to cover for DST ending.

Yes. Go in and watch the first two episodes blind. You'll thank me later.

Or more Garo. Or any Garo at all.

How far ahead is the anime from the Thriller Bark saga?

I’m dvring it since I’ve never seen it
Any good?

A lot farther.
If I recall, here's all the arcs after Thriller Bark:
>Saboady
>Amazon Lily
>Impel Down
>Marineford War
[timeskip]
>Fishman Island
>Punk Hazard
>Dressrosa
>Zou
>Big Mom

The Thriller Bark arc was animated in 2008. It is now 2017.

Good god. I didn't realize toonami was that far behind.

>Good god. I didn't realize toonami was that far behind.
It would be more accurate to say the dub as a whole is "that far behind". It's not like they had that much more dubbed from the point Demarco axed it.

That's curious about the 18-49 numbers
>1am had 300k viewers
>1:30am had 325k viewers
>2am had 331k viewers
I wonder what caused that jump?

Ghoul was actually enjoyable to watch, plus the best part, it ended. In the time it took Ghoul to air, we barely cleared half of Screaming Bark

>We could at least make the two eps at 8 both be new
Well, two things about that. We don't know how far Funimation is in the dubbing process at the moment (so two episodes a week could cause a repeat of what happened to Bleach back in 2009), and that would mean either Toonami airs two episodes a week as well or they get extremely far behind and Super's Toonami run becomes even more redundant.

Though who knows, maybe they'll replace Kai with an extra Super.

Three sixty FOUR!

That's not Toonami's fault, it's just how the airing situation is in America. In 2008 Toonami was airing Skypiea and Viz was publishing Baroque Works.

Did they announce what's going to air for the extra DST hour yet?

Yes, you do know that it's Wednesday, right?

The Aqua Teen movie.

But I posted that yesterday.

HIT THE ROAD JACK
AND DON'T YOU COME BACK
NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE
HIT THE ROAD JACK
AND DON'T YOU COME BACK NO MORE

I doubt FLCL will reach Jack numbers given how nobody asked for more FLCL, and how it lacks the original staff.

Though i bet it will do well enough. Only problem is once it ends shit will probably go back to the way it was, much like how it went when Jack passed. You can keep treating bullet holes with band aids