Tribalism and human behavior without social constraints, two big themes throughout

>tribalism and human behavior without social constraints, two big themes throughout
>rural Georgia
>discrimination based on race/sex/sexuality is basically non-existant
>even most of the "evil" societies are usually egalitarian
>incidents of sexual assault are rare

Does the comic ignore these topics as much as the show?

According to The Daily Wire, this show is actually popular with conservatives because it takes place in a post-identity politics landscape where all that matters is your worth as an individual.

I'd imagine that'd be more true with republicans than conservatives. I thought they'd think that women should not be allowed to go out and fight and stuff. If I'm not mistaken conservatives matter traditional values, republicans value individual worth.

That's actually the point. All the people that tried to live like that were killed IMMEDIATELY. The only way to survive in this world is by being in a group of people that trust each other.

A conservative's ideas about race and sex will immediately go out the window if you put them in a survival situation. The story is about what modern humans would do if forced to shed the artifice of society, and forced to embrace honesty and trust.

In fact, the show isn't about tribalism at all. The wars fought between groups are never because of "us and them", it's always a product of a legitimate dispute concerning survival.

That's why it works better than generic race war allegory. Because it has NONE of that stuff.

Conservatism is an ideology and political movement, represented by the Republican party. At least, I think? I call myself a conservative but I'm registered as independent. Ben Shapiro is a conservative and his wife is a doctor.

Republicans are the conservative party in the US, Democrats are the other conservative party in the US.

In the comic Michonne gets raped by the Governor, that one sickfuck who killed Maggie's sisters, and the pedophile that wanted to rape Carl (but I think that one also happens in the show) among other fucked up stuff.

Also the show did have some of that stuff in the beginning but more toned down like Ed abusing Carol, all the women being useless besides washing clothes, Merle distrusting black people, etc...

But it's pretty much like said, at this late in the show and the comic most of the weak people or people with those hang ups have died or evolved. In the case of Carol she had to evolve into a stronger person to survive even if she became more fucked up and Daryl who was emotionally stunted white trash that distrusted everyone, ended forming a bond with his group.

It's also why Rick had to toughen up the citizens of Alexandria and those who couldn't change ended up dead pretty early (like Jessie with her annoying crying kid that got eaten and caused her death and the psychopath asshole kid that left Carl with one eye).

No. That's brainwashing if you thought that. Conservatives value small government and personal responsibility. Race or gender have nothing to do with it

Conservatives are for gun rights for law abiding citizens, including women. I don't know where you get this "women shouldn't defend themselves" idea of conservatives.

>he thinks you can separate them

>A conservative's ideas about race and sex will immediately go out the window if you put them in a survival situation.

That doesn't seem to be the case in the parts of the world where people actually do live in desperate and violent conditions.
They might reach temporary truce and cooperate but old, deep-rooted grudges endure and can be suddenly ignited.

>The story is about what modern humans would do if forced to shed the artifice of society, and forced to embrace honesty and trust.

They've learned to distrust he majority of people. Anyone they don't know (or who they haven't seen for a long time) is treated as a potentially lethal threat.
Building trust with new group members is done very cautiously and with great difficulty. It frequently ends badly even when they're careful.
They struggle to maintain balance between alienating potentially the decent people and demonstrating weakness and gullibility to the ones who turn out to be scouts for marauding bandits.

Even among people with good relationships there are fights during ordinary hard times in modern, civilized life. With higher stakes, fights over the best course of action become more intense.

Case in Point: Africa

of course, Sup Forums will just say because nogs.

So Serbia.

Of course, Sup Forums will just say because Slavs

So the Middle East.

Of course, Sup Forums will just say because muslims

So South America

Of course, Sup Forums will just say because spics

and so on
and so on
and so on

>Even among people with good relationships there are fights during ordinary hard times in modern, civilized life. With higher stakes, fights over the best course of action become more intense.

See also: The Mist

>zombie apocalypse
>everyone looks clean and has white teeth

The show could have been a really good way of exploring humanity facing an existential crisis. But instead it's a father/son show. Which isn't necessarily bad, but Cormac McCarthy already did that with The Road (which is about 1000 times better), and the show kind of hoodwinks one into thinking it's about society when it's really about father/son dynamics.

>conservatives matter traditional values, republicans value individual worth.
Most Republicans are conservatives, and those two beliefs are far from mutually exclusive
>I thought they'd think that women should not be allowed to go out and fight and stuff
The Right in the US believes everyone should have access to the means to defend themselves against any and all threats to their safety and freedom, The Walking Dead presents a situation where everyone does just that.
>tribalism and human behavior without social constraints, two big themes throughout
While in group bias exist based on race, other factors have a far greater affect on this bias, people would be far more likely to show a bias for their neighbors and disparate groups they've fallen into than seek out racial homogeneity. While this racial bias might have a purpose in civilized society, it would be completely useless as an indicator of who is with you or against you in such a situation considering the vast majority of people white or black (mostly white on average) are trying to kill you, which is why it's nonexistent within the show.
You can bath in rivers, and I can't imagine, of all things, toothpaste would be hard to find, it's the last thing anyone would have stolen from the stores.

>implying teeth degrade that fast

>That doesn't seem to be the case in the parts of the world where people actually do live in desperate and violent conditions.
>They might reach temporary truce and cooperate but old, deep-rooted grudges endure and can be suddenly ignited.

That wont be the case with literal zombies. The other Anons are right about those kind of people dying first. Everyone will be too busy trying to deal with the enemy to worry about some Sup Forumstard's views on race.

Living people killing/not helping other living people for seemingly no reason would be a pretty big concern.

>(you)

Why don't you read it and find out, gay boy

Almost like they are to busy tring to not get killed by hordes of zombies and scavenging food for living

>incidents of sexual assault are rare

I don't know about the show, but there was too many rape atemps in the comic to call it rare, and there was a whole group of people where raping the weak ones was ok among them, and was implied to happen many times

Good thing Carl dies this season then.

Friendly reminder the entire point of the zombie genre is "zombies force us to get relinquish our pettiness or die trying"

There's no central point to the genre as a whole you knob, just to individual works.
Whenever anyone says a genre as a whole means something, they're just projecting their personal views on it.

>Everyone will be too busy trying to deal with the enemy to worry about some Sup Forumstard's views on race.

One of the first big ingroup conflicts was driven by a love triangle which put the de facto leaders at odds and ended in one of them being killed..
The writers of the show obviously don't think petty interpersonal drama has disappeared.

Hardly fertile ground for interesting character-driven plotlines but the wouldn't hurt for them to add a few more details about supplies and things they sometimes have to ration or go without.
The absence of racism/sexism/homophobia, the potential conflict it would cause and how it's addressed, is especially glaring though.

If they thought people with those issues would have disappeared or shed their biases, they still could have shown this in earlier episodes or in scenes/dialogue from earlier in a character's history.

Even if it's true: too little, too late. He's already been ruining the show for 7 seasons.