Hulk or Hulk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bnh2AplyKi4
youtube.com/watch?v=OJfHCCJMWJw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hulk

03 is good.
Incredible is damn good, near great.

2 things Incredible has over 03 is a great villain with Belonsky (the thunderbolt rosses in both films are close to equally good)
And Norton is a notably better Banner.

>we need to reboot immediately because audiences really didn't like the last movie
>okay, well let's only make it 80-85% similar story-wise

I actually really like the bright ass green dadbod Hulk from 2003.

incredible hulk >>>>>>> shit >>>>> hulk
ang lee's hulk was boring shit
- hulk looked terrible
- wrong color green
- the stupid he grows bigger the angrier he gets (something made up for that movie)
- gamma dogs looked retarded
- dad becoming absorbing man was lame
- hulk being all about angst instead of rage
the only nice thing that movie had was hulk's long jumps.

norton's hulk did everything better

>the only nice thing that movie had was hulk's long jumps.
The military battles were decent & Ross was good.
>norton's hulk did everything better
03's Betty was better.

i enjoyed incredible more, but hulk looked better in the first movie

Who's better, Norton or Ruffalo?

Edward Norton is utterly fantastic, and I'm sure the MCU would have benefited greatly from his participation and vision.

Hulk 03 is a film. Wins in plot, tension, characterization, aesthetics and acting. Dads final monologue is incredible.

Incredible Hulk is a flick, literally 2 hours of Hulk destroying ps2 cgi cars. Its a movie for brainlets. It barely has any plot. Action set piece, they tell them there is a cure, he goes but its interrupted by action set piece, BLonsky injects himselfs with serum, action piece rematch. Movie ends.They are paper thin characters and nothing happens in the whole movie.

Ang Lee is truly a film maker with a vision and it shows. Hulk is the ultimate pleb filter

>Wins in plot, tension, characterization, aesthetics and acting.
It wins in none of those. The plot is overstretched and boring, the tension is broken by things like the hulk poodles, the characterization is all wrong (broody hulk), the aesthetics are sometimes ridiculous (like those cartoony scene transitions that also break the tension) and the acting kind of fluctuates from actor to actor.

>Dads final monologue is incredible.
If you consider that incedible, then you're the only brainlet here.

>second movie in franchise
>actually good movie
>box office is meh
>"Hey, let's just not give this good movie a sequel even though we set up the Leader. Oh yeah, and let's replace the main character with a shit actor who in contrast to our current actor looks nothing like the comic counterpart because he's a chubby retard"

yeah, I'll never forgive them for that

Ruffalo

Norton, while a fantastic actor, did nothing for me as Hulk/Bruce. Like, his performance was the most lackluster of the 3 actors in the most recent movies.

Ruffalo is at least a little endearing as the character.

fag

They had to replace him. Norton wasn't interested in coming back. Its not like he was eager and they snubbed him.

I literally can't comprehend being this bad at consuming media. I bet you love pickle rick for the DEEP THERAPY TALK. Lmao.

they were just fucking greedy and unwilling to give someone else creative freedom

wanna know why they are still paying RDJ? only reason they are still doing it because he has good return on investment, nothing else. they don't give a shit about their actors and creative teams

Hulk

You are not supposed to consume media. Thats why you will never understand why Hulk 2003 is a better -film-.

Why the fuck would they give creative freedom to some faggot actor who just wanted to mary sue themselves? Are you fucking retarded?

Yeah, you are definitely a pickle ricker. Thanks for clarifying that your opinion should be disregarded.

The comic book-like transitions in 2003 Hulk are the most retarded thing in film. If you want to get artsy, don't do it with a property like the Hulk. It just comes off as cheesy.

shit taste user, clearly Hulk was better

>there are people in this thread who actually prefer Hulk
Unbelievable. Let's put to one side for a moment the fact that Tim Roth is the finest antagonist in the MCU Jeff Bridges is a damn close second and that William Hurt is the single finest bit of casting since we got J.K. Simmons as JJJ. It perfectly encapsulates the quintessential Banner/Hulk dichotomy and his life as a fugitive from the authorities who want to exploit him.
Existential introspection isn't a central theme of Hulk. If I want to see Hulk arguing with himself, I'll go and read The End.
In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that it's the only good film in the MCU along with the first Iron Man.

>Actually uses buzzwords to make an arguement

Don't skip debate class, kid.

People really think now the 2008 film is bad?

I can only think of one infamous "MCU quirk" it had, (the taxi scene) but everything else was fine.

I don't think it's bad. It's just that the Ang Lee movie is much better.

>03 is good.
WRONG!

The good one.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bnh2AplyKi4

This. If only he didn't fight with producers so much.

>I can only think of one infamous "MCU quirk" it had, (the taxi scene)

Are you me? I've always been annoyed by that one scene.

Also, it not being that much like the tone of the rest of the MCU is likely why MCU people don't like it, there are people here who actually eat up that quirky bullshit

TIH was probably the last Marvel film that was able to escape 'The Formula'

First one was a mess that didn't seem to know what it wanted to be.

Second I recall being pretty decent but nothing amazing. It felt like it understood things better.

Both failed in the design of the character. First one looked like Shrek and the second on just looked like a big green pro wrestler. Hulk's design wasn't perfected until The Avengers.

Overall, the second one wins on the grounds of not having a "Hulk Poodle."

>escaping the formula
>was the second movie

There wasn't a formula yet retard. I assure you if it had come out years later it would have fallen into the formula. Are you fucking stupid?

oh yeah, let's leave that cringey scene there, but cut the scenes of Banner trying to commit suicide cause not PG-13 friendly.

HuuH

HUUH

The game for the 2003 game was pretty decent, even if it caused my computer to blow up.

*2003 movie

2003 was a film with real human characters. MCU one is just an action flick, but without as many quips as we usually get.

08 felt really cliched in some moments, but pretty cool during others. 03 had its heart in the right place and truly aspired to be more than a mere superhero flick, but it started to feel like a strange, mind-twisty monster movie instead. Many of the choices were just off.

I am somehow amazed by how much I liked the 2003 Hulk movie when I was a kid. I'm 19, considering how heavy it was on dialogue and how different it was to the rest of films I used to watch at the time.
I was either really patient to sit through all the talking till I got to the action or maybe I was entertained by the story itself.

Hulk was better, but still a bad movie. TIH was fuck awful garbage though.

The problem with hulk was simply bad editing for the most part. Cut it differently, remove the comic panels and it could have been decent.

TIH was a sequel with no origin movie to play off of. It feels rushed and poorly made throughout and none of the characters have any character. seemingly because the film makers felt like the audience should just know these characters already (for some moronic reason). And the special effects look like shit on top of it all.
Even totally re-editing TIH from the start could only result in it being shit, because the basic parts of a good movie simply aren't available to work with. Unless you re-edit it into a sequel to hulk (which it was intended to be originally) then it could work as a bad cash-in sequel like ironman 2.

The last scenes in the first Hulk are fucking amazing though, everything else was meh.
>"The angrier you get the more of your power that I take."
>Flashback to how Banner has struggled containing the Hulk in his psyche.
>"You think you can live with it? Then take it, TAKE IT ALL!"
>It's too much and overloads his father
>"I am power" line at the end.
Fuck that was good.

fpbp

Incredible Hulk is to this day one of the best MCU movies and it's a damn shame it doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

>the last memory before his dad dissipates
>"Goodnight, Bruce"

Niagara falls.

Are you me?
If you are, then it was probably the action that pulled you in. I haven't watched the movie since I was a kid but I remember loving it, and I know little me didn't know wtch it for the story.

I do remember some sequences very vividly, like Bruce's mother being killed, or Betty looking at that explosion going off from the cafe.

>Ang Lee had so little idea about comic books he literally put in comic-panel transitions right out of Adobe Aftereffects to transition between scenes

That movie is a disaster. Even the "Ang Lee scenes" are fucking terrible thanks to how miscast Bana was, he looked like he needed a nap the entire movie.

Bana was great. I saw him as more as a morose puppy eyed character.

He just looked lost the entire movie. And not lost as in "The character has an intentional lack of purpose being portrayed in the narrative", lost as in "What the fuck am I doing in this movie?"

And meanwhile you've got Josh Lucas doing his best Nic Cage impression and Nick Nolte literally chewing the scenery. That movie had zero handle on tone.

I think he looked less lost and more incredibly confused and saddened about his life. Which makes sense given that he's dealing with some pretty heavy stuff in the movie.

Incredible isn’t filled with fuckloads of filler and has more action

That being said 03 was still great, and the action scenes it did had was fucking nice, especially the fucking dogs holy shit that was hype

I watched Hulk with a friend when I was around 6 or 7 years old. I remember I even bought an Album. That said the movie wasn't good but I have fond memories of it. The Incredible Hulk was pretty good. Still one of my favorite MCU movies and it's really a shame Norton didn't stayed because I'm sure I would have loved Hulk. I have nothing against Ruffalo but I don't really like him as the Hulk. A missed opportunity

FUCK YOU HULK BOY!!!!!!

Don't forgot broody Betty, broody Ross, and hell, even broody "that guy who wants to bang Betty" guy. Fucking everyone was a sadsack for no goddamn reason. Shit, even the comic Hulk isn't this fucking depressing. It's not sadness is the ONLY quality of the Hulk series.

Ang lee's hulk gets major point for slowing turning pants-on-head retarded by the end but The Ed Norton Hulk is a way better movie to watch.

I think the beginning is good, but it turns to shit once he gets to america

Ang Hulk had more Hulk screentime, but the plot was pretty much nonexistent and just a bunch of events going from one to the next.

Norton Hulk had an actual story, but barely enough Hulk. There's only like 3 fucking scenes with him (4 if you count that partial transformation when they're suppressing Hulk), and the first one you can barely see shit because of the dark factory.

It wasn't too bad once he was back in the states, at least not the Hulk parts, what few there were. Still though, yea, they could have had some more world building with the Bruce parts, given this one of the first steps of the MCU. They could have had some nods to Iron Man aside from that credit cameo, and build up some more about the super soldier serum to lead more strongly into the first Capt film.

>Incredible is damn good, near great.
spwp

Incredible Hulk is dogshit and will forever be the worst thing in the MCU by a country mile. Yes, I'd rather watch the Thor movies.

>the worst thing in the MCU
Here, have a (You)

I remember the mirror scene being my first jump scare (I'm 18). We first watched it in preschool but didn't get through it. So first chance I got I convinced my mum to rent it. Then I forced her to get me the Gloves which I used to pummel my friends and sibling.
I watched it again recently and enjoyed the psychologic Jekyll/Hyde aspect. Screw anyone who thinks Hulk is just a dumb Creature that smashes stuff. He was meant to be the Frankenstein, Jekyll Hyde, Wolfman Horror story. Ang Lee took that and ran. I only enjoyed 2008 because of the references to the 70's Hulk.
>Nick Nolte literally chewing the scenery.
I saw the Nostalgia Critic Review too.

Go to Hell.

Norton Hulk was a decent movie and the start of the MCU Hype Train. The other Hulk was just shitty CGI dogs and throwbacks to the old series.

I know TIH is underrated but...How the fack is MCU able to get away with this but when DC does it (and more accurately), DC gets ragged on?

What was remotely accurate about Doomsday in Batman vs. Superman? He's supposed to be some monstrosity experiment from ages before Krypton's people came to be, not Lex Luthor's lovebaby with Supe's DNA boiled in.

As for Abomination, it made more sense he was all boney and muscly rather than a frog thing.

I meant looks-wise. General Audience panned BvS. Those same people turn a blind eye to Abomination.
True though that if Origin was the contest Abomination is precise. But Doomsday was accurate. I bet 97% of them didn't know Bruce's father was Absorbing Man in 2003. You can't expect them to know anything of Doomsday outside of he kills Superman.

>Doomsday: Lex Laughtor shitpissing out a monster
>Abomination: Genetically-modified supersoldier

But they had Doomsdays in at least 3 DC animations before the movie, one of which was even from the DCAU. As for Abomination, I'm sure plenty gave him flak, but at least there was an interesting purpose to his design. Doomsday, for a lot of people felt off in both looks, and overall purpose to what was meant to be a big throwdown between the Man of Steel and The Dark Knight, essentially spoiling everyone's expectations because it was just another "we'll have to stop the greater threat" bid that often happens in these mashups.

you're in the minority but i agree with you whole heartedly

Even though they're the same "large grey spiky monster" Doomsday's design is worse. BvS Doomsday has a freakish concave face where his cheekbones and eyebrows extend further than his nose, and he's got the freaky cleft in the middle of his face. He looks like a Downs Syndrome Looney Town after an anvil fell on him.

They were equally inaccurate.

That concept design even looks way better than what was in the movie, as per usual with MCU concept art, they take anything cool or distinct and make it boring as possible to appeal to normies more

Abomination looked just fine for the time he was done. The CG was a much greater step up from what we got in the Ang Lee film where just looked outlandish from day 1. Those fucking dogs.

>Abomination looked just fine for the time he was done. The CG was a much greater step up from what we got in the Ang Lee film
The CG was fine, the character design was boring shit.

>Those fucking dogs.
Stupid as it is, it happened in comics

Both Hulk movies are 100% kino yet Marvel insists he's a difficult character to put to film.
He's practically the same character as the Wolf Man. He had an incredibly popular TV series for years. I don't get what they find so hard about telling Hulk stories onscreen.
Maybe it's because good Hulk stories are nearly always sad at their core and that doesn't lend itself to quips.

They also made it so TIH seems like a direct sequel to Hulk. You could argue that Ang Lee's Hulk is the first MCU flick.

>the character design was boring shit.
Maybe for you, but not everyone.

Norton, but he's too controlling to work in a franchise like this.

>Elizabeth Banks will never play She Hulk
>She Hulk will never be in a movie, period.
Fucking sucks

>it happened in comics
Doesn't really make it any better. That would be like using that argument for a Clone Saga movie.

The military car fly in was pretty shit
youtube.com/watch?v=OJfHCCJMWJw

It's literally because Marvel doesn't have the complete film rights and won't play ball with Universal

With Marvel, it all comes down to studio politics and money

That scene was great. Pretty ballsy of Blonsky to be trying to fight Hulk when he wasn't even up to Hulk's crotch.

>sometimes I love being a quake fag