Season 5 coming next month

Season 5 coming next month

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dlJsgk4cj7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This the final one, or is that 6?

I thought Exiled counted as Season 5. Still surprised that there is a new season coming at all though. The last season tied up all the old plot points already.

Yes, this will be the last season.
With a series finale and everything.

Now that Dreamworks has less movies to turn into a series, what is the next part of thier masterplan.

Now that they'll have some time, I'm sure they'll be able to go all in on making that Felix the Cat reboot they've been wanting to do since forever.

saw the first episode and thought little of it.

They're apparently working on a Harvey Girls cartoon.

It does seem like with less movies to make into shows, diving into their classics library would be the logical next step.

Wait, this is still going on?

As one of their bigger franchises it got a 78 episode order.

Trolls: The Beat Goes On is the next one.

The new owners of DreamWorks want to break away from Netflix. Those shows merely continue because they were grandfathered in. They want DreamWorks to make cartoons for their own networks and streaming platforms.

That also sounds about right.
People were worried the 12 show deal would be at risk, but it's going to be fine.
It's just that they aren't obligated to make any more than that.

I thought Exile was the final season.

I mean it wrapped things up pretty well.

You'd think, but no, we're just going to coast out on one last season.
youtube.com/watch?v=dlJsgk4cj7k

Crashing this plane

Was there ever a good Harvey comic or cartoon?

There was that Casper cartoon based on the movie, if that counts.

Does that one truly count?

Harvey Comics was involved in making it and Baby Huey appeared once.

It was a weird decision to place Exiled in season five instead of the final one. Though apparently, the show was originally pitched as a serialized parody of Game of Thrones, Lord of the Things, and other epics in the first place.

Just how old is Grandma Rose?

I was wondering that, too.
11 Julien Kings ago seems like a lot.

Weren't they constantly killed as well, though?

It would've made more sense to make Rose a contemporary of King Julien the Terrible or something.

I suppose.
For as surprisingly deep the lore can get, I get the impression that the Julien Dynasty just isn't supposed to make sense.
We've already heard a completely different story about Julien II.

Is it actually good? How does it compare to the Penguins of Madagascar series?

Throwing up their own on demand service and separating from Netflix, really.

It's fine, it might depend on if you liked the Julien character because a lot of the same character tropes from Penguins carry over.

The Night Creature stuff could've happened to him after eating his cow wife.

Or King Julien II being inconsistent could be part of the joke.

I've never seen Penguins, but it's fun. There's some pretty good jokes, it gets really weird, and at times has really strong continuity that pays off in Exiled, which is a season-long story arc. Even the worst episdoes are decent background noise.

I've only ever seen the first movie. Julien seemed like a homo

He kind of is.
There is a decent pocket of fandom in the Madagascar franchise centered around the fact that Julien can be shipped with just about anyone and it’ll make some sense.

So how is it going to end with Clover? I doubt they'd go as far as to kill her off but they still need to explain what the hell happened to her during the films.

Since her arc in Exiled is mostly her being shipped with Sage I can imagine her marrying him and leaving to live in the mountain lemurs kingdom.
To the point where this could be the plot of the series finale; everyone saying goodbye to her as a metaphor for saying goodbye in general.

The CGI of All Hail King Julien is much better than the Penguins' TV show but it is less funny partially because of it having a greater focus on character development.