Batman Storytime

Batman quickie:
Detective Comics #457 - "There Is No Hope in Crime Alley!" by Denny O'Neil

>old lady coming out of the X-rated theater

Yesterday you said that there seems to be few people who have read Batman prior to 2005 on Sup Forums, and I'm not sure I agree given all the "Based Dixon" love that pops up occasionally.
Unless that's just baneposting.

And what the hell, we'll do Elongated Man too, because Ralph/Sue is always good.

Jeez, Bruce. Criminals pull guns on you all the time.

You're telling me Alfred doesn't remember the date Bruce's parents were shot? That he couldn't put two and two together and figure out where Bruce goes on that date every year?

There's definitely a decent amount of former 90's kids here, especially in the "old days" before the movies, as evidenced by all the Timfags. I think the Dixon fans are mostly because people are not happy with King's version, that or they just like that he's conservative.

Yeah that stood out to me too.

Then again, EVERYONE's read Knightfall and I imagine a lot of people have read NML as well, so I'm at least wrong on that point.

Confirmed for best couple

Thanks for reading

nice issue, thanks user

Chuck Dixon is a hell of a lot closer to what you are storytiming than what DC has been spewing out for the past six years, as someone who didn't read No Hope in Crime Alley for the first time on their computer screen.

Pulling a gun on the Batman in Crime Alley is like setting fire to a Kansas crop in front of Superman

You just don't do it

Bump

You're doing the lords work OP

>they just like that he's conservative.
It's this, mostly.

If anything, 90s Batman was the most popular before the Nolan boom. That's why you get so many people praising Dixon and Grant, even if they were mediocre.

Stay alive. You're doing the Lord's work OP.

>an artist of this caliber will never be a high ranking editor at the big 2 again
Why are they so retarded bros? Only a man with this strong of a grasp of storytelling should be in charge of books, not mongos like Brevoort and Lowe

This is the crazy Batman we want, not the paranoid faggot we get these days