We already had a thread about turning silly villains from Marvel and DC into serious folks...

We already had a thread about turning silly villains from Marvel and DC into serious folks, but how about we turn serious and edgy villains into silver age-tier villains? Let's start off with everyone's favorite, Bane.

DKR already did a good job of that

They turn him in to a Luchadore, something similar to pic related.

Yes, I know Bane isn't Mexican, do you think they gave a shit about cultural sensitivity in the Silver Age?

Bane hates Halloween because bats.

You mean like his costume in White Knight?

I'd say just turn bane into one of the muscle expansion deviantart characters

so... the Batman 66 version?

Batman '66 did that with Bane, actually. It was pretty good, he wrestles Batman in the ring.

Now do this guy.

Inverted Carnage

He steals candy from babies.

White Knight might be a mixed bag for me so far but I do enjoy the character designs and some of the plot points that aren't about politics.

Just omit the edgy shit like being essentially being a serial killer's blood that loves to kill everyone for the giggles and evil alien silly putty is pretty goofy on its own.

Really are there any edgy characters that don't work as goofy silverage characters so long as you omit the edgy shit?

>his name is literally Cletus

Make him a shapeshifting redneck, yes I know he's probably a New Yorker, don't care, make him a full-fledged hillbilly to Silver Age him up.

He wears a farmer's costume and uses pork-related products (bacon, sausages, ham) as weapons.

>Silver Age tier-villains
What are you trying to say user?

Also he gets venom from a magical skull.

Batman 66' villain.

Tries to be evil mirror image Batman, but fails miserably and in comedic fashion.

>Nemesis' batarangs all fall short
>schemes fall apart without interference
>hits self with anti-Batman spray on accident
>this envelope predicted what happened...and was mailed by Nemesis 10 years ago!
>actually was sent the day before after Nemesis saw everything that happened

Is that Baby Doll?

That Scarecrow and Ventriloquist are pretty fantastic.

Bane is already a joke. He's like that football player who peaked in high school

Basically a biker punk who goes vigilante. He disguises himself with a red wig and skull mask. As for the Penance Stare he either knows how to scare the bejesus outta a guy with a stare, or he gains a magical glass eye.

Spiderman tries to confiscate his moonshine and he robs banks by making people slip over on his goo.

>Le Voyage dans la Lune

El Santos is basically just Luchadore Batman, so make Bane Evil El Santos. Perfect fit.

Lean less into the murder and more into the "chaos" and spray painting "CARNAGE RULES" on everything. He's an insanely powerful redneck that uses his powers to prank people in over the top and destructive ways. "I'M GONNA PAINT THE TOWN RED. RED FOR CARNAGE!"

>proceeds to shoot his goop all over everything which being made red would cause problems
Like, say, making every traffic light a permanent redlight.

He conquers galaxies in the hopes of impressing his one true love, who's never actually shown on-panel.

Or everytime he tries to show her like an "I love you" created from destroying a bunch of planets/stars she always just misses it then he gets made fun of by the neighborhood kids

Who's the guy in the gas mask?

for you

I'm going to make this a real Red-Light district

Is "Luchador" not "Luchadore"
Luchadore isn't even a word in spanish.

They did that already