Thor: Ragnarok

So it's slightly better than Doctor Generic and just as good as Iron Man 4?

>giving a flying shit about rotten tomato score

why are all you Sup Forumsfaggot crossposters so obsessed with this site? it hasn't been relevant since they were bought out, why rotten tomatoes and not popcorn time?

yall have a sickness, and it can't be cured with more cowbell.

It's part and parcel of our modern age.

Power level threads.

Anonymous trumping, making yourself better by making others worse rather than by literally improving who you are, what you do, what you are about, etc.

My father can beat up your father for the modern ages.

I don't post on Sup Forums but I can explain this probably

When I go to walmart they literally have a section of "Rotten Tomatoes approved" movies. Little cardboard cutout with the logo on it sticking out of the isle and everything. Sup Forums cares about Rotten Tomatoes because people in real life care about Rotten Tomatoes.

you mean iron man 7?

I really disliked the Skurge scene, because it felt so forced. In the movie there's basically no weight and it exists because it's supposed to remind people of the Gjallerbru. But here's the thing I knew about it I've known about it for near a decade I read all that run and that part was amazing, but the movie just had it so cheaply tacked on.

I just couldn't stop hearing some executive or maybe the director saying "REMEMBER THE GJALLERBU?! REMEMBER HOW AWESOME IT WAS!?"

Fuck man I'm not even mad just actually disappointed.

The problem with the Marvel films is that they are good. Not bad, not great, but good. They are all a solid 7/10 which makes them enjoyable to watch, but leave no staying power in your mind. That is why they are easy to hate on

Critics consesus was always relevant, even before the internet.

This topic isn't even referring to the Tomatometer (which should be rightly be ignored), but the average rating, which is literally just the average score of all of the reviews (something that Rotten Tomatoes has nothing to do with).

>even before the internet

Not really and that's not my point, actually.

Best Seller lists also predate the internet and they are also part and parcel of our modern age - of needing to think in terms on my father beating up your father, keeping up with the Jones, etc.

Farmers over a century ago might have been competitive over growing the biggest pumpkin or whether their wives bakes the best pies, but the idea of your self-definition and self-worth being all wrapped up in said pumpkin or said pie is very much a modern (albeit you might have thought I might past 20 or so years when I meant the psychosis which is the past century) age.

There were probably far more happy people 200 years ago in spite of scarcity, longer and more difficult working hours, etc., etc. than there are today.

I find the majority of MCU movies are always between 5 and 7/10, so that score isn't bad.

And better than any DC movie ever, yes.

people said doctor was an incredible visual experience so i went and was bored
then people said spider-man homecoming was fantastic so i went and was angered
now everyone is jerking off over thor ragnarok and it's average rating is roughly the same as the other two so it's most likely going to be more safe marvel trash with a villain that is not at all compelling
i might rent it but i won't pay money to see it in theaters

>Critics consesus was always relevant, even before the internet.

If that were true Steven Siegal movies wouldn't have made bank at the Box Office in the 90's

You wont like Ragnarok

The best part about it was Doctor Strange utterly lording it over both of them in his cameo. You just get the sense he could've removed them as problems no matter what they did. It gives a good scope for magic in the MCU that way.

It was a really good bit of world building. You obviously can't do that in a movie headlining him because he needs to face adversaries, but in someone's else film you can show his scope.

So does marvel have a single movie that is good from start to finish? Even Iron Man 1 had a shit ending. Fuck is there a single Marvel movie worth watching? ;d

GotG2, I guess.
It rocked all the way through.

Coco died on my theater for this movie. It's been just a week. What the fuck, guys?

GoTG2 is no where near as good as the first one. The whole movie is mess with tons of jokes that just didn't land at all.

I really liked it. Better than the first, actually.
It felt more even and I could enjoy the relationships between the characters more.
Maybe because I watched Lindsay Ellis' analysis beforehand which primed me for which way to look in this giant light show.

>I want to have an RT thread!
fuck off back to Sup Forums where you belong!

Antman was crazy, in a good way.

Doctor Strange was strange, but boring, seriously, i felt nothing during all these supposed "woah" scenes in mirror dimensions.

Ragnarok was fucking WEIRD. music was weird,acting was hammed up to evelen. is this really best movie about Thor or with Thor in it?