Why do they hate their core readers so much?

Why do they hate their core readers so much?

Depends. Would you count yourself amongst their core readers?

Bad marketing and blinded by the money they get from the movies.
They think (all) marvelfans on tumblr buy their comics when it's only a minority that does it.

One of their main editors literally believes that Marvel can sell comics solely by pissing off their consumer base over and over again.

Which was demonstrated amply when Secret Empire became the second worst-selling Marvel event ever.

They think they are owed an audience.

They also think Disney will keep them around as a content farm despite none of the comics they've produced since the buyout contributing anything to the movies.

That would be Brevoort. Amusingly enough, he also publicly announced that he was quitting twitter because it was all anger and baiting, with no substance.

The lack of self awareness is very real.

Sounds kinda right

We're assholes.

Are you really a fan?

They don't understand that outrage on twitter is actually small.

You'd think things like One More Day would show them they made a mistake as Spider-Man readership dropped significantly, but instead they think the tiny amount of people asking to give Cap a boyfriend is what the fans want.

Personally I don't give a shit if Cap's bi (him bring with Bucky would be wrong on a million levels), I just want good Cap stories, but Marvel think virtue signalling is more important.

Although I'm happy with Waid's first issue of Cap.

This is Sup Forums, Do any of us actually exist, or are we just a sequence of idle computers that have gained conscientiousness, shitposting eternally, no one does.

>him bring with Bucky would be wrong on a million levels
Cap being with Bucky would be like Bruce being with Dick.

Exactly what said, but with an additional factor.

Marvel thinks they can have their cake and eat it too. They think that they can piss off and shit on long time fans, but they'll still buy BECAUSE they shit on them, and by shitting on them they think they'll gain normie fans through pandering.

That's why I get triggered something fierce when anons go "I hate Marvel fuck this book, but I buy it anyways." This issue has been deeply seeded all the way at the first Civil War by basing a major story that altered everything entirely on shock value, and spread like a cancer once SJWs became a popular concept. Buying these books allow Marvel to continue acting like it's ok to pull shit like this, and it's been working for a decade. Excluding classic collection TPBs I haven't purchased a current Marvel issue since One More Day.

>They think they are owed an audience.

I think it's this more than anything
WWWHAT? YOU DARE NOT LIKE WHAT WE, YOUR GODS AT MARVEL PUT OUT FOR YOU? UNGRATEFUL CRETINS! seems to be their attitude towards fans, they think they're geniuses and deserved to be loved for any retarded idea they have but they're actually clueless

If you look back at the old Stan Lee editorials their full of self seprecation and thanking Marvel fans for keeping them in business

>Buying these books allow Marvel etc.
user has a point here. But I'm all for buying the one or two good Marvel titles -- for instance, Punisher: The Platoon. If Platoon sells, and Not Brand Echh doesn't, Marvel will notice that and learn from it.

Because Lee and Kirby were fully aware that their audience was their strongest asset. They made stories FOR their readers, to entertain them and make them happy. They didn't make stories and demand you like them.

Sup Forums loves to shit on Lee, but they always forget how good he was about giving the fans what they wanted without killing the story's quality.

He also listened a lot to fan feedback. Fan nitpicking in Fantastic Four letters is what made him start paying attention to continuity.

I actually think they won't. What they'll do is they'll ignore the quality of that book, and instead obnoxiously spam aspects of it out of context into other stories.

I'm not really disagreeing, but how is Sup Forums going to maintain their infestation here once the Marvel bubble bursts? They obviously won't just fuck off because they NEVER do.

Not to mention fans always demanded that Reed and Sue be married, and the marriage issue is probably one of their best ones.

Oh... how the times have changed.

Also, adding to what everyone is saying..

After the election Marvel (and a lot of liberals) concluded that half the country (and virtually the whole traditional comics-reading demographic) are literally fascists. They hate their core readers because... they hate them as people. Marvel's abandoned a lot of traditional liberal values because (at the risk of sounding cheesy) their hearts are full of hate right now.

The infiltration of niche hobbies by blue haired fucks seeking to gentrify it radicalized some of the fans against them and also attracted Sup Forumsacks to another front in the culture war.

>After the election Marvel (and a lot of liberals) concluded that half the country (and virtually the whole traditional comics-reading demographic) are literally fascists
You're just retarded dude.

There's no culture war, this is just 15 year old newfags trying to fit in.

It's a political hotbed right now. All this Antifa, Evergreen State College shit it's all identity politics all the time now.

Everybody is scared of Nazis, they get mentioned several times in Marvel books as generic punchable villains.

But Nazi is dog whistle for straight white dudes. A lot of the vitriol towards the audience is towards specifically straight white dudes.

Nerd culture is full of white knights and numales that never had much contact with girls and are usually really liberal. Because of this if you stand up for yourself and refuse to be labelled a sexist or a racist then they call you a Nazi that supports sexism and racism just by existing in white skin.

This logic has permeated Marvel. From the writers up to Brevoort himself. They are keeping horrible titles running (America, Iceman, Squirrel Girl) for no other reason than to stick it to their audience.

They've been spearheading poor art decisions (refusing to give females dimensions, or making them manly if they have any shape) all to virtue signal to dyke feminists sqwaking about "da male gaze."

It's a mess. It's cult like behavior and it's embarrassing.

For the first time, in a long time, I'm glad I'm black.

White dudes are straight up oppressed over at Marvel. The writers and editors openly attack and offend them with no comeuppance. In fact, they seem to be getting praised for it (especially in the comics "media")

Self-hate and the SJW cult is in full swing. it's a shame but the quicker Marvel nosedives the quicker Axel and Brevoort can get released and maybe we can get back to making good comics and not feeling like the audience is made up of Hydra and Serpent society knock offs.

He had a bit of a point. Outrage does sell, after all.

The issue is that you can kick a man in the balls, and he'll scream in pain and double over. You can kick a few more times and he'll keep screaming and spasming and pissing all over himself, but there is a certain point where you'll have ground his balls to mush and he simply cannot react anymore.

That's what is killing Marvel at the moment: simple audience burn-out. Pissing the old readerbase off over and over and over again has made the old readerbase leave, and it scares away new readers because, frankly, nobody wants to dedicate their time and money to a publisher who actively tries to annoy them.

>gentrify

Hello!

>Iceman,

Iceman wasn't a bad book.

>all to virtue signal to dyke feminists sqwaking about "da male gaze."

Well, they failed miserably at that shit too. Because muscle girls can be eye candy as sure as there is more than one type of food.

they are a capitalist vampire and they don't care about any of their readers

Lo and Behold: The Masters of Marvel Universe.

If you say so, champ. I never seen a fag read a book about being a fag. That book sucks ass, and not in the way Bobby would like.

I'm not into trannies and muscle girls but you right.

Exactly, it's hella creepy.

because adults have higher standards which would mean work and taking effort. if they try to target kids or people with low standards, they can cut corners. laziness and contempt.

That's not what Multiversity is about. They did consume the Ultimate universe, but that was long before people started bitching about SJWs in the comics they pretend to read.

>blue haired fucks
What does strong bad have anything to do with this

>hella

You're an idiot.

I live in a highly liberal city. I'm a lefty. My friends are all lefties. Trust me, many of my friends (and Marvel will be no different) believe the fifty million Americans who voted for Trump are racists and fascists. And their curiosity about these people ends there. They have no interest in learning about them, talking to them, asking them why they voted the way they did. They think half the country is trash that should be thrown away.

Because they think that their core audience will buy whatever comics they shit out and they're right, so they focus more heavily on diversifying their audience in order to appeal to a wider demographic.

Why are you being a rude ass nigger?

Do you think making up bad lies somehow makes you seem less retarded? I mean christ, at least put some effort in.

Do you have an actual rebuttal?

That's the problem. Marvel writers are tweeting incessantly about racists, sexists and Nazis while failing to promote their books.

American Horror Story was on point with this characterization. Heartbroken liberals have hijacked all forms of nerd culture to rant about shit most normal people don't care about.

They in your head, they are in their heads. Marvel belongs to them. Corrupted, filled to the brim with cynicism and despair. Caricatures of old heroes have replaced them and the house of ideas is now just a whorehouse.

Where there was once miracles, wonders and marvels, there is only brothels, betrayal and the mundane.

A universe that has no heroes, instead is full of pricks, assholes and cunts. Just ask Medusa, ask Captain America, ask Tony Stark. Even your precious Spiderman is a tool of a demon.

MaRVEL velongs tu us.

Because your mom likes when i talk dirty

That isn't a lie. Unfortunately, it isn't.

Are you "special needs" guy?

Nothing special about my needs.

I think I dealing with a retard again. Here is your (you)! You are a big boy for trolling me!

Yeah, you ought to read Multiversity again by which i mean for the first time.

The Gentry isn't just some big bad that represents your specific political enemies.

Kek

Ha.Ha.Ha.

Sure. I agree. Everything is alright. Marvel is fine. No politics here, just the destruction of the fantastic. Keep reading it, slave. Do it, I command you to abandon all happiness and keep making everyone else miserable. Be like us.

>Everything is alright. Marvel is fine.
No one is even saying that.

This is really cringy and is only making it more apparent that you haven't actually read multiversity.

Also speaking of multiversity, if Snyder makes it so that the gentry is from the dark multiverse, i'm going to find him and shoot him in the fucking face.

I Am saying it. You will continue reading and pushing more and more of this corrupted world and in time... the festering carcass will be consumed and placed in the Oblivion Machine. Inside your dead hopes and broken dreams.

In the meantime... keep reading, slave. Keep doing what you do. Where there once was spaceships and crystal castles, there will be only brothels.

>I Am saying it.
Then you're the only person in this thread defending Marvel whilst also being so triggered about someone defending marvel that you've gone on a shitposting spree.

Sure. I agree. Keep reading.

>Where there once was spaceships and crystal castles, there will be only brothels.
Silence.
A pair of hands clap... once.
Silence.
A few more hands. Slowly, tentatively at first, but
building in enthusiasm.
Are we doing this?
We're doing this.
Full applause. The room standing.

No. I just say keep reading it, little boy.

Keep reading Marvel. Our Marvel.

Grant you're clearly drunk.

>Marvel thinks they can have their cake and eat it too. They think that they can piss off and shit on long time fans, but they'll still buy BECAUSE they shit on them,

Thats because this has actually been happening for quite a while. What is unique about the Tumblr-craze is that even most whales have quit on Marvel at this point. Its a whole new level of failure for Marvel when they manage to scare off even the "its shit but I'll buy it anyway because I collect them"-crowd. And its caused by 2 reasons:

1) Whales only care about the main character. So kicking out the old established character and replacing him with a lesbian transsexual Mary-Sue takes away their incentive to buy it even when its shit. The character loyalty that justified their shitty purchases is effectively gone.

2. Marvel actively pandered to Tumblr by calling its old fanbase and whales toxic white males and other stupid SJW shit. Not only did they take away the reason for idiotic whales to buy their comics, they actively kept flipping the middle finger on them and practically kicked them out of the marketplace. Marvel became the Amy's Baking Company of comic book distributors for a good few years and it shows in results.

Marvel belongs to them. I'm sorry.

>Amy's Baking Company
Jesus, that's...

a good analogy.

You're not one of their core readers.