How to get into Batman?

What was your first exposure to Batman VS where do you think is the most ideal place to start?

Your pic related is a good start. Are we talking comics only? cause if not it was Burton's Batman movie otherwise earliest I can remember is Knightfall

Well I'd say any first exposure at all but since this is Sup Forums, comics and animation would be ideal but anything goes

the dark knight was my first exposure. then batman begins then the burton movies.
it was only till later i started reading new52 batman and i enjoyed it as a teenager. but the best place to start by far is your pic related.

>What was your first exposure to Batman VS where do you think is the most ideal place to start?
The answer to both those questions is Batman The Animated Series.

>First
Justice League International

>Recommended
Tough one. If the person is already into comics and Batman is just a blind spot, Morrison's run. If not, then maybe Knightfall?

I started with TAS and I honestly think it's the best place to start.

I was super into TAS and the 90's Batman movies growing up. I played Arkham Asylum on release and got hooked on the Arkham lore. Decided to read Year One and fell in love with The Long Halloween. My first trade was Knightfall and the dude who gave it to me had the cover with Bane breaking Batman's spine on his arm.

Also: that feel when the Arkham games made you a scarecrow fan but all the comics featuring him are subpar.

First? I'm not sure, try the animated series if you'd like.

Rec?

Legends of the Dark Knight, these stories and one offs help build some of the story behind future or established plots pre new-52 and rebirth.

This series is where they introduce the poison that Bane uses to synthesize the actual formula for his abilities.

This and the black and white Superman TV series were my first exposure to both those characters. I was probably about 5 years old.

you start anywhere really, generally what batman you were exposed to growing up
So I probably saw the adam west and BTAS and got into the comics later when I impusle bought the long halloween on vacation.

I'm still pissed all Star batman and robin never concluded

>Animation wise
Batman the animated series
>comics
The long Halloween and dark victory

I started with year one. Then I believe The Man Who Laughs, and then I dived into the Morrison run lol, and at the same time I was reading Snyder's run since it was around the time New 52 started that I was really getting into comics. Not sure if that's a good way to go about it for a beginner especially Morrison though it is pretty great

Oh and as far as actual first exposure I'd say the animated series since I was a kid and since then and always Batman has been my nigga

why? it was fucking trash

I thought it was a tonne of fun

I like all the weird batman one-offs
Paul pope's year 100 is another one that was super fun to read imo, so might be worth checking out, op

How does Haunted Knight compare to Long Halloween and Dark Victory?

First exposure was either the 1989 movie or technically the cover of TDKR. My brother either had it or just the picture of the cover or something.

Favorite would be either The Long Halloween or Year One. I'm not a fan of Batman comics that acknowledge the other DC heroes. I like him in his own universe where its just him as a crazy vigilante dealing with villains who are mostly just criminals and not world-ending threats.

First exposure was TAS, followed by watching first movie and buying some translated floppies (I think Knightquest was being printed at that time).

Best first exposure for kids would be TAS. For young teens something looking cool and showcasing big part of rogue gallery, like Knightfall trilogy or Hush. For older teens and adults - Year One or The Long Halloween. Hush would be fine for them as well - new readers mostly love it.

Good but not as good