TMNT

Nickelodeon has revealed the cast for the new show.

Kat Graham (The Vampire Diaries) and Josh Brener (Silicon Valley) have joined the show as April O’Neil and Donatello, respectively. This finalizes the group that already includes Omar Miller (Ballers) as Raphael, Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) as Leonardo, and Brandon Mychal Smith (You’re the Worst) as Michelangelo. Eric Bauza (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) has also been cast as Splinter.

While Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will change several conventions from previous TMNT adaptations, the biggest of all seems to be that Raphael will now serve as the leader of the team, while Leonardo will be depicted as the “self-professed ‘coolest’ brother.”

cbr.com/nickelodeon-reveals-new-tmnt-cartoons-leader-voice-cast/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=list

Neato. You now have 3 weeks to rival Spongebob or you're getting replaced by another one of my live action shitcoms

>Raphael will now serve as the leader of the team, while Leonardo will be depicted as the “self-professed ‘coolest’ brother.”

So, they are pulling a Wolverine and the Xmen? That's a terrible idea.

“This incredible roster of voice actors provides a fresh take on these globally recognized characters,” Chris Viscardi, senior vp production and development, animation, at Nickelodeon said in a statement. “Yhey are going to bring this version of the Turtles to life in a whole new way.”

He also spoke about the direction the new series will go in, explaining, “we have reimagined the series to be filled with humor, loads of action and a dynamic look.” The series will also bring “all-new heroes, villains and cityscapes for the Turtles to explore.”

Veteran voice actor Rob Paulsen, who voiced Raphael in the original 1987 series, will be directing Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Miller commented on this by saying “to get to voice this fictional character who had such a giant positive impact on my childhood is an honor. And to boot, I’m being directed by the man who voiced Raphael in my childhood.”
This will be Nickelodeon’s second TMNT animated series with 2012’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ending after five season. The new 2D-animated series will debut with 26 episodes in 2018 and is co-executive produced by Andy Suriano and Ant Ward.

>Andy Suriano

I still wish that Plastic Man series would've gotten made.

Will the use new models?

>The new 2D-animated series

It seems like it's going to be 2D.

Hopefully it's not a shameless wankfest of the 80's Turtles.

>Kat Graham (The Vampire Diaries)
Worst TVD girl

Hopefully it is.

New Ninja Turtles? Little nephew will freak out on this.

>the biggest of all seems to be that Raphael will now serve as the leader of the team, while Leonardo will be depicted as the “self-professed ‘coolest’ brother.”

Oh fuck you.

Just the idea of Raphael being the leader instead of Leonardo is bad enough to lose interest in this series.

BOCO, AND LEOFAGS BTFU!!!!

What the fuck

>Raph as the leader
>Leo will be "cool guy"
>The TMNT will get mystic super powers
>TTG-tier character designs and animation
>Black April because DIVERSITY
>Almost completely inexperienced voice acting cast; nearly all are strictly screen actors with no VA experience

Everything about this is setting off warning alarms.

Well nothing about that sounds good at all

Based on the ethnicity of April's new voice actress, some are saying April will be black.

>Diversity pushing Black April

Waiting on the art style reveal to see if this is salvageable at all in the form of screencaps of her butt.

Last time we almost got black April, she was going to look like this. Luckily, IDW passed on the artist's pitch. Looks like we couldn't dodge the bullet a second time. Like living in Chicago...

Who decided that was a good idea should have their pencils taken away, sharpened, and then stabbed through their hands.

>haha but so quirky!

No, die.

>Who decided that was a good idea

It was a pitch from Ross/Sophie Campbell. You noticed I had to use a male AND a female name, you can probably guess why. He/she isn't really in the soundest of mind. IDW keeps him/her around so they can mark off a box on their diversity checklist.

Still not a pitch. It's from a webcomic by one of the artists.

>Black April because DIVERSITY

You are aware that VA's are usually not good indicators of the actual character, right? Need I remind you Samurai's VA was black as well? At least wait until they actually reveal the design before you jump to conclusions.

At least theres the comic. Theres always the comic...theres always the comic...

That may as well be official art. The artist is that tranny from IDW

Is this by that artist that makes all his characters look like fat transpeople?

>Is this by that artist that makes all his characters look like fat transpeople?

Yeah, "Sophie" Campbell. He also draws a fucking hideous Karai.

This is official April by Campbell though.

Looks pretty good here. But the face IS kinda covered up. Though I do unerstand some people might find the nose and chin a bit much.

I believe I am experiencing a sensation that the young people of today refer to as 'TRIGGERED'.

I find that her (his, at the time) style only really worked in Glory because of how weird and brutal the series was. I don't know if it's degraded with time or just really out of place in this other stuff.

I mean she is pushing the style some. Which I suppose might not be for the better depending on who you ask.

GUYS PLEASE HELP! I'm innocent! I voted for Hillary! I gave you gays! You owe me damn you!

It looks a bit better when the shading isn't emphazising the nose. Pic related.

self professed.....so, just retarded.
great, they killed leo.

This has disaster written all over it.

The comics are even worse. Unless you mean the pre-2010s ones.

That profile looks pretty good though. Nose might be a bit bigger than my preference but I get it.

Hey, IDW is great.

IDW is shit and their Transformers comics are utter crap. Only thing they did well recently was a bit of Judge Dredd and Popeye.

Karai looks like a troll from a Swedish fairy tale book. WTF kind of design choice is this? No one else at IDW draws her with a tiny chin and gargantuan nose.

So in this canon it's Karai that gets turned into a mutant rat?

Have you even read them?

Their Ghostbusters comic by Burnham was really good until they decided to bring in the characters from the 2016 reboot movie. Then I dropped that shit like a sack of manure.

Only for one mini. They're already gone and off in their own mini now.

Wait wasn't April "kinda" black or at least half-black in the comics?

Eastman and Laird never agreed either way.

It's confirmed

Eh, WATXM wasn't THAT bad. Much better then the 90s show and is the only cartoon with most of the important members on the team.

She was a nappy headed ho

>Much better than the 90s show
>The only cartoon to be nearly 100% faithful to the comics at the time

Stop posting any time

Are they doing anything with the old GBs after TMNT 2 or is it still unknown?

leaked designs for the new show

I hope against hope that they're pulling a Voltron and having Leonardo grown into the leadership role from an arrogant douche.

Unknown. The 2016 mini ends early next year, then we'll see.

>Black April

No.

Overt racism and teen turtles go looking like more and more of a bad idea aside, bl-April is thicc.

Is April going to be back to being grown up in this one?

Do they all get keyblades?

>the biggest of all seems to be that Raphael will now serve as the leader of the team
Turtle Power's lyrics can finally be accurate.

Now THAT would make a bad ass theme for a show.

She's too busy living on the streets being a hip street-wise black girl.

Meh. I prefer my own take on the human turtles.

"Raphael. He's the leader of the group, transformed from the norm by the nuclear goop!"~

>TMNT show where everyone is Zyzz

They look like an UNSTOPPABLE Blitzball team.

>black April for diversity reasons
Here's hoping she actually looks normal and not something like a tumblr oc or