X-Men Discussion Thread

Any other X-fags out there willing to share their opinions?

>Most overrated/underrated run?
>Favorite X-kid?
>Thoughts on current status quo?

>most overrated
the whedon run, it was ok, but im a fan of the earlier stuff
>favorite x-kid
do you mean actual kid? my favorite x-man is wolverine, but if you mean a literal youngster id say armor
>current status quo
get rid of the young 5. make beast out to be secretly dark beast from AOA since he became an asshole. i want 90s funny beast back. too many wolverines, i want the real one back.

Aussie X-men
Rockslide
Hacks with no plans or vision being hampered by an old bastard upset over movie rights. Jean X Wolverine wedding imminent Darkest timeline.

at least the Gifted isn't shit from I've seen so far.

Most overrated would be Whedon, but it doesnt mean it's bad. I like the 2 characters he created quite a lot, Abigail Brand, and Danger.

>favorite x-kid
The only X-Kids I like from the 2000s on are:
Hellion, the Cuckoos, Genesis/Kid Apocalypse and Transonic.
I would like Ernst and Martha if Ernst ever became Casandra Nova Xavier, I would like Quentin if he ever were allowed to become a mature adult, and I would like Pixie if she ever became a sorceror.

>current status quo
Get rid of the O5, make Emma no longer a crazy widow villain, let her go back to being a businesswoman and create her own rival/not evil team

most overrated run? morrison
favorite x-kid? Laura
current status quo?
shit. too many wolverines and AU characters nothing original or classic. I really don´t want Jean paired wih Logan. that woman only screw over both Logan and Scott

how did jean screw over scott?

>Overrated run
Whedon for sure,

>Underrated
X-Men 2099

>X-kid
Jubilee, Skin and Wallflower

>Current status quo
Still shit because Marvel still doesn't care.

what would be the best day of the week for me to storytime x-men comics? Id like to storytime Age of Apocalypse and a few other comics

by best day, I mean the moment of the week with the most users

you best do legion quest before you start x-men alpha

Pixie is best girl.

Why can't the actual Brotherhood be as likable and plot relevant as these guys?

because Pyro and Avalanche are dead, and the Blob was depowered for many years, and now almost dead turned into a hideous thing after tampering from Miss Sinister.

Pyro has been dead for like 15 years or more.

I wasn't thinking of doing that but now I feel I must

How did Avalanche die?

>>Most overrated/underrated run?
Morrison for most overrated. Carey for most underrated.
>>Favorite X-kid?
Surge
>>Thoughts on current status quo?
Almost as bad as the Austen days.

>>tfw Mecha Transformer Madison Jeffries is my favorite male x-character but he was a beta nerfed robosexual lab guy in Utopia and he is in limbo.

Remendered. The Red Skull as soon as he got Xavier's brain destroyed the Brain of Avalanche and made him destroy everything he could in New York to make humans hate muties. He had to be put down, he couldnt choose anymore to stop destroying stuff.

What's Toad been up to since WaTXM? I've had a script idea for him that I've wanted to do for a while now.

Tomorrow night Ill storytime House of M: Masters of Evil, and the Hulk House of M tie in in which Magneto makes Exodus the ruler of Australia.
In 2 weeks Ill storytime AoA

What do you think of this team?
Lately it seems to me all alternative universe teams are better than what we have now, perhaps because the O5 are the most boring team ever.

Toad appeared recently in X-Men Blue, the Secret Wars tie in, he was in a team with Firestar, Mondo, Havok, Marrow and Wolfsbane. They were working for the New Tian government (the leader of New Tian was Xorn, but he was secretely being mind controlled by Emma Frost with the help of an infinity stone) Shaw, Warren (Archangel, the adult one), Beast were also in the council along with Emma and Xorn.
He was given a secondary mutation, a fire tongue. Miss Sinister is making experiments, Wolfsbane got 2 secondary mutations, claws, that make her look like Vivisector from X-Statix, and she can divide herself into 5 wolves.
Later this year the Miss Sinister plot will return, and they will treat the origin of those secondary mutations. That process almost killed the Blob.

IIRC it was x-men blue 7. Just search read online x-men blue 7.

You my nig.

Goddamn that sounds dumb, fuck Cullen Bunn.

yes
I forgot to mention we already know the origin of those secondary mutations.
Miss Sinister found some mutants with no memories from the Ultimate universe, and after making experiments with them she discovered mutants in the Ultimate Universe were manmade, so she is using that technology to give mutants secondary mutations, and her plan is to turn many humans into mutants.

Bastion (if I told you why he is helping you wouldnt believe how retarded his reason for doing that is), Emma and Havok (who is still inverted from Axis and with half of his face burned) are helping Miss Sinister.

I hope Emma and Havok double cross Bastion and Miss Sinister, because it would be a serious character assasination for them.

>perhaps because the O5 are the most boring team ever.

The Gold team is just as boring, people just have more nostalgia for those characters.

>in which Magneto makes Exodus the ruler of Australia.

This reminds me of the last time Exodus was mentioned here, and that user who wanted him to be gay and in love with Magneto, which misses the point of his being like the adopted son of the Magneto family, which was why he had such a rivalry with Quicksilver, the blood heir to Magneto, until recent retcons.

making someone the ruler of Australia is in the Super Villain girlfriend meme.

Who else really likes Quentin here?

AoA confirms Exodus is straight, in a relationship with Dazzler. It is the reality as 616 just a different timeline from some point of the xxth century on.

>Who else really likes Quentin here?

There's ONE of you? That's more than enough, user.

I admit I've only read him during morrison and pre-schism, up to being carried to logan's, not during the logan runs a school issues.

Should I storytime Astonishing? It triggered all the Gambitfags of CBR with an inferiority complex for Fantomex

Really just wish we could go back to living on sovereign mutant soil outside Los Angeles.

Why is he so based lads?

>Most overrated
Claremont's 16 year run.
It was amazing. But c'mon, a lot of it was just fetish stuff and the 80's where kind of weird.

>Underated run
Chuck Austen. Yes, I said it. Sure, he had some bad moments but c'mon who doesn't love good Juggernaut.

>Thoughts on current status quo
I hate it. I'm a continuity man. I don't want Cyclops dead, I don't want the 05 Timedisplaced kids there And I want more focus on Yost/Kyle New X-Men kids, where's my stories!

3 brains
speaks french
illusion powers (I always thought his illusion powers are the same as the former superpower of Dani Moonstar, just that he is much better at it)
internal nervous system space ship waifu

Except that Austen was responsible for killing "Huggernaut" as he put it.

>Claremont's 16 year run.
It was amazing. But c'mon, a lot of it was just fetish stuff and the 80's where kind of weird.

My impression of Claremont run that is was part fetish for teenage girls and the other part was re-used plots from 70/80s movies and tv shows, seriously:

The Brood = Alien
Demon Bear = The Prophecy (a forgotten 1979 Frankheimer horror movie about a mutant bear and Native American issues)
Hellfire Club = was based on some British tv show

I'd say probably over the weekend.

In all fairness I'm not a Gambitfag but I really fucking hate Fantomex. He was a tryhard character you were supposed to find kind of annoying and of course subsequent writers completely missed the point.

Finished this in the summer and I miss it already

Have they ever met in 616? He seems to be taking his vow of celibacy very seriously. For a cult leader, that is probably a good thing.

>Rockslide
My nigga

By the way Morrison kept bringing him back and trying to make him important, it feels like Fantomex was created to be annoying and derivative, but even his creator ended up liking him too much and missing the point.

AoA is different because Exodus is rescued by a good kind heroic Magneto.
IIRC in 616 Exodus spent 800 years in a tomb made by Apocalypse from which he couldnt leave, before being rescued by a villain Magneto.

Also, in AoA Exodus has normal coloured skin, so probably whatever Apocalypse did in the middle ages to him, Magneto found a way to eliminate and make him normal again.

>Most overrated
Claremont or Morrison
>Most underrated
Honestly Kyle/Yost
>Favorite X-kid
Blindfold, I mean she isa cute autist. Also Wallflower but damn she got a whole life of suffering.
>Thoughts on current status quo
Bendis was a mistake
Aaron was mistake

X-Men are probably at their most creatively stagnant point now than in decades. X-Men Gold is just stale nostalgia-baiting, X-Men Blue is a poor-man's Exiles, and Academy X is just awful. Astonishing is the only one that's slightly above average, and that's just a mini.

It needs another creative shake-up in order to rise above mediocrity.

storytimed astonishing

But he looked like this before he met Apocalypse. His skin is very inconsistent, sometimes he's pink, sometimes he's red.

yes
that is quite inconsistent

I prefer to think the Apocalypse immortality tampering/treatment changed his skin tone, because it does for everybody, from humans like Sinister to the last horsemen (Banshee, Daken etc)
but then, it could be he was that way since being born, like the mutants who are born with obvious mutations.

House of M Exodus had normal skin, like AoA

Claremont's run is great ya dingus. It gets weird and by the end isn't as great as it had been but it never gets bad or unreadable. I saw it somewhere once that Claremont seemed to have approached writing the X-Men like writing a novel which I can see. The plotting is tight and more or less coherent, stuff is seeded far before it's relevant and you can see the clear story arcs. The new team's rough struggles as they slowly gel into an effective group with the veteran member earning his happy ending and retiring in peace leaving it up to the guys who had been new while the next generation waits and grows in the wings. The dissolution and disunity of the team after the Morlock Massacre as people head off and do their own things before (in Claremont's original plans) all coming back together for the big showdown against the Shadow King, the behind-the-scenes source of most of the evil of Claremont's run, and in Uncanny #300 the team, long divided, is reunited once more.

No? Austen was long gone by then. That's Frank Tieri you're thinking of who took over New Excalibur after Claremont and decided he wanted to make Cain a villain again because he hated "Huggernaut" and thought he had become a pussy as a good guy. He also created the retarded Clan Akkaba stuff with Blink and Chamber being Apocalypse descendents and also Apocalypse's main enemy was Dracula or some shit.

Tieri's such an awful fucking writer. God there was a lot of bad writers at 2000s Marvel. Tieri, Daniel Way, Austen, Guggenheim (who's back and surprise is still shit), probably others I'm forgetting. I legitimately believe Way is the worst writer Marvel has ever had. He's worse than Austen even since at least Austen had some half-decent ideas even if the execution was shit. Way was just a hack who basically hated the comics with nary a good thought in his head. He was the Terry Kavanagh of the 2000s except even shittier.

> Marvel is finally putting out collections of the Joe Casey/Ladronn Cable run

The most forgotten of gems

I always loved the house of M aesthetic. I wouldn’t mind it coming to 616 if they ever decide to do nuGenosha

Morrison's entire run is a riff on the X-Men hence why it repeats a lot of story beats (Jean/Wolverine stuff, Phoenix, everything with Magneto/Xorn representing his thoughts on trying to redeem Magneto, etc.) before, at the end, having finally "put to bed" the longstanding X-Men cliches he allows the franchise and readers to move forward; Jean imploring Cyclops to move on is likely just as much aimed at the reader as well. In that context, Fantomex is clearly representitive of characters like Gambit and other too cool for school badass types that Morrison clearly doesn't care for hence why he's kind of an irritating cunt.

That's my interpretation of it anyway.

>I legitimately believe Way is the worst writer Marvel has ever had.

user, there's this comic called 'America' that you need to experience.

>by the end isn't as great as it had been

We can thank Bob Harras for that, driving off Claremont and Louise Simonson. Lee and Liefeld aren't even the major factors, it's that Bob was straight up incompetent.

Really wish xmen gold did anything. At least blue has ms sinister learning ultimate muties are diffrent.

His power-level is linked to his faith and self-belief. Maybe the greater his faith is, the redder he gets? That could explain him looking normal in AoA, where he lacks his usual zeal.

Seeing Dragon Ball FighterZ makes me think of Capcom X-Men fighting game more than MVCI

Will the X-Men ever have another Triple A game by a major developer or Marvel is forever butthurt for the movie rights?

I don’t follow the X-Men anymore, for me the status quo will always be early 90s X-Men, loved all costumes.

Post yfw cyclops comes back to life and becomes [punished cyke] and creates the brotherhood of evil mutants with emma and magneto

When Ike stops being the head of Marvel so in about never

Wait so are young adult jean and scott around? Not the blue team ones. And the original scott and jean are dead?

There's so much shit I want to read. Like the first years of Claremont, Grant Morrison, Whedon's run, Remender's X-force. FUCK why do mutants have so many fucking books.

>Avalanche
fuck's sake
hated everything about the Red Skull thing

>why do mutants have so many fucking books.
Started with just one, then a spin off for some new kids, then a spin off for the original team, then a spin off for Wolverine, then a spin off for characters not being used on the main team, etc. etc.

They were Marvel's #1 franchise for a long time, so they just pumped out titles. I mean look at how many different ongoings Spider-Man has had, and he's just one character.

>i want the real one back
He came back a month ago and marvel is doing jack shit with him

Yeah it's nuts. I mostly read the newer stuff because it was condensed to mostly 20-30 issues, while saving the giants for later.

how would you all feel about having x-statix characters resurrected and used in modern x-men books?
would it be as "bad" as what DC is doing with Watchmen? Would it be like prostitution? sacrilege? exposing them to a terrible use by terrible writers?

I read it (x-factor/x-statix) all this past weekend and loved it. Kinda sad to never see the characters again.
also, Id rather have Vivisector resurrected than Iceman gay. By resurrected I mean something as stupid as he healed off panel, say he has a healing factor like all feral mutants.

Dead Girl was used in a mini with Dr Strange after X-Statix but it's not sure it's canon.

I just bought the new generation X trade, this book is too gay.

I got floppy of 1st issue, didnt finish it. Art is gross and disgusting

No, keep them dead. I liked those characters but you really don't need to bring them back, and they're too niche to attract the kind of attention Watchmen did anyway.
Edie and Tyke were in All-New Doop btw

I didnt know that existed. Ill search for it

Definitely Whedon. The only good thing to come of it was Danger. I wish she was apart of a main team.

>Favorite X-kid?
Jubilee, Quentin, & Hellion

Send the O5 home already. Create new teams with fan favorites and stop trying to duplicate the O5. Give Havok a team again

I think that the style of the artist, yeah is too weird, and the art doesnt get decent until issue 4 with eye boy and nature girl issue.

But i must say the i am liking the direction the writer is going, if only the x-men editors would stop pushing Quire.

Thing from that time should stay away from the main books.

Ike is Trump personal friend but Marvel

the Lapham series?

Me

>Firestar working with X-Men
fuck that shit, fucking stupid

AoA Scotty is the best

This

Chamber is the coolest character to draw ever too

X-men suck ass

Start with claremont

Just read it in your spare time, how difficult is that? When I first got spidey collections that started from stan lee run, I just pick at random issue and start from there or pick any covers that look interesting, same with x-men.

about 70% kinda sucks to read, I remember skipping lots of X-Men 400s as it was just boring plot with lots of word bubbles.
Underrated? I don't know of any underrated but there is lots of good stuff, I started reading comics 3 years ago and I chose to read only Marvel from the year 2000 onward and I focused on X-Men, good stuff; early Asonishing, Grant Morrison, both X-Force, my Muggas New X-men, Second Coming.

>Favorite X-kid?
X-23, Surge, Rockslide, Hellion, Cuckoos, Anole, Jubes, Mercury, Armor, Eye Boy, Herman Glob. Fuck Quire.

kinda boring, Uncanny Avengers is ok.
All New Wolverine - mostly good
X-Men Gold - meh
X-Men Blue - meh
Iceman - bored
Generation X - wish had better art, I like the cast.
Cable - ok
Old Man Logan - generally good
Weapon X - Laaaaannnnnnddd!

mmh i wonder who could be behind this post...

>All anti-mutant posting is Beast

I don't know why this is so funny, but it is.

>All New Wolverine
>Any kind of good

>driving Claremont
Bad of course.

>driving off Simonson
Good. Simonson completely killed New Mutants and her X-Factor isn't too great either. X-Force, especially once Nicieza goes solo and has to stop working on what's left of Liefeld's plots, is a better book up until Counter-X than Simonson's New Mutants.

Even worse because Simonson was only supposed to be a six issue fill in. Claremont was supposed to come back after The Sword is Drawn which would've led to the New Mutants and Hellions combining into one group (which means more Hellions characterization and likely avoiding the shitty "they all get killed by Fitzroy" garbage).

>New Mutants and Hellions combining into one group
If only

I liked Boom Boom

I still think she was a mutant cat that had the power to turn into a human.

For some reason I had the thought of X-Statix but under a different writer like Adam Warren or something.

Then I realized that I really, really want to see Adam Warren on an X-Men book. Like have him do the teen/young adult X-Men book or something. It'd be great as long as you could get an artist to go with his style of writing (i.e. Kaare Andrews, Tradd Moore, Khary Randolph or even just Rick Mays).

I love Warren, give him more books

What direction? There is no direction except the stupid homolust love triangle bullshit. I tried, I really did because GenX is my favorite of the next-gen X-Men books and Jubilee's my favorite along with Cyke but I just couldn't do it. The characters are complete shit, the fujo tier writing, the garbage art, the fact it falls into the "nothing ever happens; no superheroics in a superhero book" style of writing which is cliche as fuck nowadays. It's terrible.

There's an issue that's teasing another GenX member coming back (that's not Monet or Husk) that I'll read just to see if it's bringing back Skin since he's great and he fits the "loser freaks" deal but I just will not care until basically all the cast is shuffled off. Bling is probably the single worst X-Man character created in the last 15 years.

>most overrated/underrated
AoA (specifically X-Calibre was written by Mike Carey, the writer of Lucifer which was an amazing spinoff of Sandman by Neil Gaiman which was also amazing), Uncanny X-Force, Endangered Species, the whole Messiah Complex run are my favorites
>favorites
Beast, Nightcrawler, Forge, Jubilee, Douglock, Transonic, Multiple Man, X-Man, Dark Beast
>current status quo
Bendis is shit, the status quo is shit, fuck marvel, i will not be spending money on a company that is purposefully destroying x-men. keep wolverine, cyclops and jean dead. fuck the inhumans and fuck shitty writers who aren't even fans of the characters. and especially fuck the writers who shit on beast. fucking unforgivable.

His Gen13 is everything I would want out of a modern young mutie book.

he was a custodian at the school for a while. beast had a biology class inside his body using pym particles for himself and his students

God, I hate Bradshaw.

Gen13 and Gen X are the only two good teen teams ever