Would Parasoul be the main character in a Skullgirls animated series?

Would Parasoul be the main character in a Skullgirls animated series?

No.

How the fuck did you figure that?
It'd be Peacock and the anti-Skullgirls, if anything, or rather it'd be something that tied everybody together in someway.

Did they ever release an official story mode, or at least reveal how the official in-game plotline would go?

with cuphead in mlaatr style.

Well let's not forget, Mike Z said that Umbrella's story is basically integral to the plot of SkullGirls.

WRRRRRONG!

Main girl is So she'll be the main character

But Parasoul would still be the Best Girl
Prove me wrong You can't

I love playing as her. The artist really knocked it outta the park with the art.

So is this game officially dead or something? I haven't seen any updates in a long time

It's done user. They finished the game. The devs are working on a new project

Umbrella, Marie and Black Dahlia.

There's always been an "official" story mode.

Oh well...

finished game means stable meta, though.

Surprise twist; the main character is Beowulf

If the main character was beowulf then the main character would actually be Annie.

Cerebella best girl.

>tfw you're right

filia is actually pretty tangential to the main plot though

devs said that big band's story mode actually comes closest to the nebulous "canon story" that they planned

>filia is actually pretty tangential to the main plot though
That's what Squigly is there for. She's basically Filia's guide through the world's events.

My physical copy is FINALLY arriving Friday. I ordered this shit forever ago.

squigly's got more of a beef with marie than filia does though, considering her mom was the skullgirl and all

filia's only motivation is saving painwheel, and it's not like painwheel is incapable of saving herself in-story, so filia herself is really just the poster girl

The character stories have bits and pieces, but Alex has said multiple times that Marie, Umbrella, and Black Dhalia would have to be playable before a "true" story would happen.

4 years later and I still dislike Beowulf fans for depriving us of Loli Order Sol

It's pretty clearly demonstrated in Squigly's and Eliza's stories that Filia's closeness with Squigly (and Leviathan and Samson) ends up dragging Filia into the plot, giving her more motivation than just Carol and her amnesia.

They would most likely create a completely new character to not show "favoritism" to a single fighter.

Or phone it in and just go with this one

Don't blame me, I voted for that Shark Scientist.

Any chance they could do that if there were ever to be a sequel?

annie cucked beo out of his story mode though, and you still get to play as annie in indivisible so you're not even losing anything

sure but even then her connection to the main plot is always through some proxy character - samson, squigs, carol - who are all more interesting plot-wise than filia herself

yeah, but if we're making a show based on who is the most interesting and important to the plot, it'd just be about Double and Eliza

>4 years later and I still dislike Beowulf fans for depriving us of Loli Order Sol

G O O D
O
O
D

throw in some marie focus with some of her relationship with peacock and that sounds pretty good user

>tfw no resolution to blood golem vs. skull mecha fight

They turned down Skullgirls 2 to do Indivisible, so come 2019 if they aren't doing anything else it could happen.

>Fans vote on DLC characters
>Villain for the second game gets in because muh huge tiddy
>Meme wrestler wolf man gets in
I mean don't get me wrong, Eliza and Beowolf are alright but I really wanted a canon story mode for this game.

is there an art book or anything like that?

desu they were the two that felt like their own characters, along with the canon trio and annie

adam, panzer, and molly felt like they'd just be extensions of parasoul's story, the rest of cerebella's troupe would just be another cerebella story, andy+tommy would just have been more peacock, etc.

beo and eliza at least felt like they'd add something new to the established world, plus beo is fun as fuck

not every character was like that. there were definite outliers like Isaac, Scythana, Aeon and Venus.

Filia doesn't do shit in the story though
She's just so graceful

Honestly, Parasoul to me feels like just a way to introduce Umbrella into the plot.

scythana is just some big convict that parasoul's egrets took in, and aeon/venus wouldn't really feel complete without each other

i'll give you isaac, but in retrospect i don't think there was any chance of his cool time shit not getting changed into something less flashy and hard to program

>>Villain for the second game gets in because muh huge tiddy
Nigga she's cool as fuck what are you talking about
I feel you though

>scythana is just some big convict that parasoul's egrets took in
Yeah, but she was only mentioned off handly and iirc wasn't even shown. She doesn't have a strong association with Parasoul or the Egrets.

She was gonna be Isaac's assistant,
actually.

Parasoul would be more the "big good" archetype if she were given a role where she ends up serving as mission control and opening up the Canopy Kingdom's resources to assist groups like and such. You know, after a build up.

Of course, the true "greater scope heroine" would be Annie working behind the scenes and occasionally clearing the path for the main heroines. Turns out she would also have beowulf as her sidekick for that.

Para knows fuck all about what her father did and the shit the labs pull so she would be a good audience surrogate in a way

we could even divide up the attention a bit. Have Parasoul lead an investigation team to look into the deepest lores of the setting to explain these things to the audience while remaining in contact with 'front-line heroes'.

though the idea of Parasoul doing investigation stuff makes me want her teamed up with Big Band. But he already knows about the labs shit.

kill yourself tvtropes cuck

Yeah BB's detective motif is limited to the Skullheart, sadly

Guy who asked on storymode way back in the early bit of the topic, this is fascinating to read through.

I mean, I get the DLC chars were voted in to get attention to save the game. I'm just surprised they never revealed the official True Story plotline by this point if Skullgirls is finally finished and staying finished, you know? Unless enough bits and pieces have been revealed in official sources and in-game fans have pieced it together, which is also acceptable.

Bit and pieces were revealed, and some future posssible stuff was talked about too, but not too much. We're still in the dark about the canon events.

Shouldn't surprise you too much, besides SG having such a troubled development people don't really care about fighting games' story that much I think. They care about the characters. Which I guess is a fact illustrated on the DLC vote

she got in because she was everyones second pick

It just sucks, a fantasy noir world like this was right up my alley and it clearly had a ton of thought put into it. Too bad they won’t delve into it.

The SG mobile game expands on the story a bit, and hey, SG2 may come to pass.

No that would be Fillia by default.

The series won't happen anyways and neither the sequel for the game since it kinda bombed and so will indivisible.

>The series won't happen anyways
You don't say, you bumbling retard

Only heterosexuals play Beowulf.

The game did alright, if it doesn't happen it's because Autumn Games budget got fucked by a lawsuit.

Indivisible probably will do fine too. But I predict shitposting about Bloodstained and people ignoring Indiv.

Why only girls get to wish the skullheart?

Who do you think they main?

Valentine mains rushdowns, which is basically the whole cast, but she prefers a Ms. Fortune without her head game. Parasoul's the fuck that only mains zoners and trap characters in a rushdown game, and who relishes the applause she gets for maining herself (because no one else will).

Apparently Scythana got taken in because she was trying to expose something about the Canopy Kingdom. Her and Isaac's shared plotline would probably involve some dark secret from the kingdom's past.

Is that a Cody Travers/Kneesocks fusion?

She fucking wishes.

Ryu wasn't the main character in the Street Fighter cartoon, why would this be different?

I remember Sup Forums was expecting so much for Indiv to fail in being financed, only to the game actually get funded just before the deadline.

Their bitchy fit was hilarious.

Why did they hate it so much again?

yep

Because one of the LabZero girls went on twitter to basically say "if you dont fund this you will kill our studio" and some generally guilt-tripping-begging shit.

Or atleast thats why I hoped it failed! Don't know about others.

>implying Sup Forums a reason to hate anything

sounds a bit anti-social senpai

Got a link?
Regardless that sounds kind of a dumb motive

You're giving it more weight than I did. Just found it a dick move to look people in the face and pull that "this is on YOU you will KILL US if you dont donate" card when everyone was so onboard Skullgirls even though they were small time back then and got faith anyway.

But past is in the past. Wish them nothing but the best.

I'm petty enough to wish ill on someone but NOT petty enough to hold on to the annoyance for 3 years, so I'm afraid I didn't save the link.

What is wrong with it? This is being realist.

Not that guy but depending on how it was phrased I can understand how it could be annoying.
Conversely, I can also undertand that being realist can sound annoying to some people.

So is Double the mother? Are Lamia and the Mother the same person?

>The game did alright
Depends on what you mean with alright.

It took more than 2 years for the game to be considered profitable and the indivisible campaign struggled to get any money. It got a miraculous extension and it got the required money out of nowhere during it's final days, it is safe to assume the devs probably took some loans.

They also started promising a shitload of characters and guest characters as stretch goals but since no one was donating they started to add them anyways to create some fuzz and talk about the game.So it means they either asked for way too much money for the game and didn't actually needed it, that they will have to work a lot more or that they will have to cut a lot of corners to make the game after promising so many characters.

>we will never have a lewd Skullgirls cartoon

parasoul is perfect
her design is 10/10
her personality is nice for me
and her gameplay is even better, it's so fun to combo with her

it was actually many reason,some during the campaign and some after it.

>Constant threads about it on Sup Forumsto shill it or just to shitpost in general
>The alpha gameplay that made people dislike the game (including myself)
>The revealed characters didn't struk a note with most Sup Forumsirgins
>the campaign getting an extension at all from indiegogo, which meant more threads shilling or shitposting about it.
>All the creators twitter posts,some of them talking about Sup Forums
>The guest characters were from games Sup Forums doesn't like or care, but i don't know what they were expecting
>the neogaf screencaps from people complaining about the designs which was just more fuel to shitpost.

After the game's campaign was successful it was even more downhill from there.

>Multiple character redesigns that generated some fights, especially Vascos redesign that was so fucking awful the Devs had to create an entirely new character from that design.
>Gameplay footage shown so far wasn't great and it changed little from the alpha
>Every new update is met with pessimism ever since the game was funded.

Now most threads are like skullgirls threads, just waifuposting from post 1 to 505 until the thread dies. Most people don't even think the game will be much of a success because it struggled to reach the go and not many people care about it. I hope it makes enough money for LZ to make a third game,one that i would actually buy though, Skullgirls was alright but almost no one plays it, especially in my region and Indiv isn't my cup of tea and even if it was i can get it for a cheaper price at launch than i would if i backed the game.

>XJ9 in cuphead
this