Tom King and Francavilla on Sgt Rock on December

Pic not related. It's the cover for the DC 2017 Holiday Special (Hopefully better than the Horror Special)

Sauce : 13thdimension.com/exclusive-sneak-peek-classic-sgt-rock-returns-in-december/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vE8ldywLXvQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dumping the actual preview images

fin

I'll read anything Tom King that isn't Batman, I'm hyped

Looks pretty good so far, I’m Down

>3 kids
>4 adults
Triggers me.

Its sad seeing Supes and even Bats with kids, while "goddess of love" Diana has no close bonds of her own.

I honestly think her character would be improved a thousand-fold if she was a mother.

I agree, but I think either it wouldn't be well received or the execution would be crap.
Or both.

Bally was also in last years cover, the fuck?

The gods didn't build Wonder woman with an internal clock.
She's fine playing hot aunt.

It triggers me there's not Wonder Kid/Girl to group with the other 3 in this cover.
Kid Flash is not Barry's son and that's fine.

mandatory black guy

I mean I get the trinity+children but are they trying to push Barry as the plus one for the trinity now?

youtube.com/watch?v=vE8ldywLXvQ

Barry has been that for a while. After all, he is one of DC most popular characters.

How did they force King to abstain from the 3x3 grid

Oh great, I was missing a dose of PTSD for the Christmas season.

I miss Hal in the league

Before her movie, Flash was easily more popular than Wonder Woman

The biggest question with that is the ol' "Who's the daddy" question. Steve?

Noice

Steve is nice, desu anyone that isn't Steve falls flat. He's her Lois, they were great during the golden age.

The problem is that for a female to become a mother, you'd need to deal with the pregnancy, and then taking care of it while it's a baby. With male characters is easier because you can always have some bitch randomly pop up with a 10 year old saying it's the guy's son.
Of course, you could use it as a plot point, and make someone else take the mantle while she's pregnant and taking care of the baby, etc. But it would require a much more elaborate setup to execute it, and there needs to be an editorial commitment to it, since you can't just cut that shit at any point because of sales. What are they gonna do? Have her miscarriage, or have the kid die?

>New Sgt. Rock Christmas story
Yay!
>Chatting with a nazi in the Ardennes
We've been here before. Still, fuck it, I'm down for anything with Easy Co.

What if she makes a clay baby? She isn't made of clay anymore, but Donna is, so the magic still exists

That'd be kind of a shitty copout, honestly. And still, you had to deal with a baby. Men can skip that because they can just not know about it, and all of a sudden be the parents of a 10 year old, but if she leaves her baby and goes on to have further adventures, she looks like a shitty mom. And if the kid is not popular, guys can always have the mom take them away, but how are you gonna do this with a woman?
Again, it's not impossible, but it's much harder to pull off, and there has to be real commitment to the idea. And in the case of Wonder Woman, we can see how commited they are. Almost every single writer thinks he's the only one who gets her so he feels forced to retcon everything the previous writer did.