How did Chip Zdarsky manage to actually write a decent issue?

How did Chip Zdarsky manage to actually write a decent issue?

By choosing an easy topic to slam dunk. It's a lot harder to write a good issue of normal shit happening than a good issue with this kind of major upset inside.

>with this kind of major upset inside
What's that? I stopped reading Spidey once Slott became the regular writer for the series.

He didn’t

Calm down slott

You don't have to be Slott to know that Kelly, Host and pre-crazy Spencer are the only writers to do decent Spider-Man books in the last few years.

>Host
Yost

Peter revealed that he's Spider-man to Jonah.

He started out as a fan writing humorous pieces of fanfictions, so he definitely has the mindset to understand what makes a character work.
Of course that can be a bad thing too whenever he doesn't click with the character (see Kingpin in the earlier issues), but with good editors and characters-built moments (all of the issue was built on JJJ's past), he can manage a good balance of banter and plot progression
My complaint is that he made Jameson too pathetic in the earlier issues, with the LOL BLOGGER jokes and whatnot

Kasumi a shit.

People generally get better in what they do as with practice.

Wait what?! Peter is also a gay now?

>My complaint is that he made Jameson too pathetic
This has been a recurring problem ince the very beginning. Writers keep undermining Jonah by making him look ridiculously weak willed so they can feel better. He works because of the strong, explicit characterization and the underlying, sometimes contradictory implications.

>now
user...

So why is Peter's secret identity thrown away so casually in this comic book?

Again?

Again? House of Ideas everyone!

>Yost
>Good at anything

Getting canceled.

>blatant attempt to write a royalty OC into an overloaded franchise

>a royalty OC
What?

I doubt that Veronica London and Tinkerer's brother have a huge potential for royalties.

I thought it was OK. I would agree with the last part of this

>My complaint is that he made Jameson too pathetic in the earlier issues, with the LOL BLOGGER jokes and whatnot
Jameson is supposed to be at the lowest point of his life, making him feel pathetic seems like a right thing to do.

Was there a storytime for this? Having trouble with the archive

I really really enjoyed the issue, one of my favourite Spider-Man issue of the last 5 years, excluding Kelly´s Spidey