Worst South Park Politics

What are some of South Park's worst political commentaries and/or episode lessons?

Love it or hate it you know the show can be super preachy so what do you think they've got wrong?

>you don't have to always agree with a shows politics

Yes, we know. Try talking about this without pointing that out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=chFaesfO7fQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>COMPARING SMOKING TO RACIAL PREJUDICE

The entire show is hamfisted as fuck and it's completely associated with the alt-right right now.
It's the cringiest shit ever.

I'm not even kidding, go on twitter, look up people that are into GG/alt-right shit and 9 times out of 10 they're huge south park fans and consider it one of the "last uncucked shows", it has become part of the new fedora package.

I thought that was about vote buying and how some people just don't care about certain polls?

The episode:
>sometimes it's hard to choose between the two corrupt officials running for office
>sometimes your vote doesn't count, but you should vote anyway
>politicians often run on meaningless promises, nonsense empty soundbite messages and bribes
>PETA are fucking ridiculous

so what was wrong with it?

I used to believe that turd sandwich and giant douche were bad metafor for politics.

Until you realized a giant douche can be quite refreshing. pun intended.

Yeah that one always kind of felt like they got butt-hurt.

I think people can overstate the 'South Park never really goes after the right and promote edgy apathy' thing, but I think the Rainforest or Global Warming episodes looking back are definitely cases of being edgy for the sake of it.The same goes for the Garrison becomes a woman episode. They could have done more jokes about Garrison clearly not actually thinking it through and not actually being trans, instead of making fun of wanting a sex-change, but that's just me.

Still, South Park is clearly more aligned with anti-Trump stuff than pro-Trump stuff. Look at how they treated Rush Limbaugh.

I've literally never seen a single instance of this and they mock trump all the time. You're a retard

That's not new. South Park Conservative have been a thing for a while. The only difference is those are just two new labels for a mindset that predate them and the show.

The whole point of the Global warming bit was that people on the other side can use fear and guilt to manipulate people too.

> South park is GG/alt-right shit now
Are you retarded?

these days anything that doesnt overtly espouse social justice, and progressive liberalism is automatically alt right by default. pic related

OP: There is left and right and there is no middle ground. You're either a true good progressive all inclusive diverse person or a baby eating nazi redneck

So, you know, trolling

>GG/alt-right

People like him will see GG everywhere.
>look look! All these gamers are writing GG before and after a game!
>They must be signaling they are all GG!

Paranoid leftists are paranoid.
GG/alt-right is the new neo-nazi/nazi/fascist they literally say everyone is GG.

>Are you retarded?
He is a leftist.
Leftist are ultra retarded.

The same was/is with nazi.
if you are not anitifa you are a nazi.

I once attended a libertarian club's South Park night in college. I left after the Museum of Tolerance episode when I realized they felt it should actually be legal for them to discriminate against whoever they wanted, as long as they "tolerated" them.

Are we talking about the episode where Al Gore was presented as a friendless nutjob who made up an imaginary threat in order to seem important, or is there another global warming episode I'm not remembering?

The episode parodying the movie 'The Day After Tomorrow' is the one about scaremongering and panic. The 'ManBearPig' episode is the one about Al Gore.

Hold on a fucking second. Is that Pickle Rick?

I was actually referring to Terrance and Phillip: Behind the Blow.

I'M PICKLE BEN

It's a trump / Hillary reference. Both are crap but you have to elect one of them because democracy. It's like real life if you think about it

>It's a trump / Hillary reference
How underage can you be?

Hehe, It's a really old episode but thank you for replying my bait. :)

It's funny because it even says "2004" in the pic, and he didn't notice.

I don't really mind the political episodes themselves. Some of them are funny. The worst part about the politics of South Park is it goes for this faux-centrist approach to issues that usually have nuance to it, which a lot of its viewers eat up like gospel. Then you got a bunch of folks going around with this superiority complex about how their totally centrist view on things are the correct ones, and anything that deviates from that center view is a strawman of the left/right. Basically R&M without the Szechuan Autism. I guess that more of an issue with the fans than the show, but South Park doesn't really help since it brands itself as a serious political commentary on US/Global politics and events.

What you just said applies to every straw man of every group.

I mean, it still kinda is. The Simpsons had a better metaphor with it's Clinton-Dole Treehouse of Horror episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=chFaesfO7fQ

That's because anti-fa means "anti-fascist", if you're against anti-fascism, you're pro-fascism.

>What are some of South Park's worst political commentaries and/or episode lessons?
The dolphin tranny one looked like it was written by someone educated by a Facebook image macro their uncle Liked. Not even they seem to agree with it anymore.

And by calling themselves that, they trick normies into thinking they're "the good guys" and not looking too hard into who they are and what they do, nor how anyone who disagrees with them on anything is branded a 'fascist' and a 'nazi', so it's OK to punch them.

It's a punch you wimp.

Whatever they really think, they're probably aware you're not allowed to openly agree with that episode anymore, now that it's The Current Year.

Funny that they also include actual anti fascist people to be fascist.
And don't play this definition game we all know that antifa is a organization not some abstract idea.
>What the ministry of truth spreads lies? Impossible they have truth in the name.
Its like you parody yourself.

>it's just assault!

Right!
Take a punch you wimps and stop bitching about it!

Funny how you cry when the "nazis" punch back, you colossal hypocrites.

I just love going to the Comics and cartoons board and seeing heated debates about politics!

what did he mean by this

>Look at how they treated Rush Limbaugh.
that guy hated trump until he wont the primary just so ya know.

The last three modern South Park season seem to have incredibly skewed and forced political messages.

It might be because of how the episodes are structured but when they have a point to make it comes across very weak by the end of the season.

At least old preachy South Park episodes had a clear message even if you didn't agree with it.

New preachy South Park lingers for an entire season and is just Matt and Trey talking out of their libertarian asses.

Blowin' my mind with the Trump episodes right now.

Literally anytime they talk about religion.

anti-fa is not an organization in the truest sense of the word. i guess you could call it a headless organization, because there is no "central" anti-fa or anything like that. some people take it on themselves to organize rallies and stuff, but i wouldn't call them leaders since there are counter-protests all the time by different people who call themselves anti-fa.

>"b-b-but the left is paranoid"
>posts a garrison comic

The episodes that show how little they understand social media and the internet. Like how the Youtube episode ended with the message that you can't make money with internet videos. I also dislike how they claim you should just quit social media if you are being bullied or harassed online. Matt and Trey don't have any social media accounts so they don't get that others need it to stay in touch with people. And getting harassed online can be worse than in person because you don't always know who's doing it and it can involve thousands of people hiding behind anonymity. You can block a person but you can't prevent them from reaching other people. Demi Lovato who they made fun of in Safe Space was prevented as vain while she actually had an eating disorder and getting hateful messages about her weight could make her rebound. Filtering those messages is actually a decent solution if you still need to be online to promote yourself .

In the same way you don't agree with putting leeches on people to cure the plague in The Current Year, sure.

As much as I really fucking hate Caitlyn Jenner I am annoyed that Matt and Trey presented her as getting away with murder when she was just in an accident. She didn't get special treatment for being trans as it happened before she came out as trans. She wasn't charged because there wasn't any evidence of her breaking any traffic laws or of her having any criminal negligence. She wasn't speeding, wasn't texting or driving under the influence. It was just an accident. She was sued in civil court by the relatives of the deceased which is normal for an accident without criminal negligence.

There are plenty of legit reasons to hate her but it was an accident. Hate her for her stance on gay marriage, how she created more Kardashians, or her being hypocritical about many trans issues while being conservative or whatever. But don't hate for something that's bullshit. All you are doing is showing how little you know of criminal and civil court.

You are either lying or stupid.

>and it's completely associated with the alt-right right now.
Holy fucking cringe. Are neogaf soy boys really this retarded?

Yes, because Antifa aren’t a bunch of violent communist thugs. Their fighting the “Nazis” they must be good guys.

This thread reminds me of the subtle political commentary in The Tale of Scrotie MCBoogerballs

I think you watch too much TV user, you clearly don’t know how dangerous a punch can be.

I didn't ever watch the "Rainforest" episode.
And from what I've seen, thank fucking god for that.

>giving enough fucks about politics to argue about how it's presented in satirical cartoon

absolutely nothing

except there was evidence of texting, it was easily avoidable and the only reason there were not any charges was because of being rich or famous. you or me is in that situation, we're charged, tried and convicted

this is Sup Forums

people give enough fuck about cartoons to talk about how politics are presented in it

but apparently most people can't handle that without sperging out

>You are either lying or stupid.

please pull the trigger you retarded fuck

agreed

as a side note, libertarianism is cancer

It has a lot to do with the episode format. If you tune into the middle of the member berry season you won't understand at least half of the jokes so forget about understanding the underlying political message of the season.

Using the douche and turd example to describe the 2016 election while clearly endorsing hillary.

meant to reply this to

>it's completely associated with the alt-right right now.
They made more jokes about trump than all previous presidents combined EVEN BEFORE HE GOT ELECTED.

The only parties they ever insulted direclty are right wing parties.

>clearly endorsing hillary
that didn't seem like the case

The douche and turd was used in 2004 why is that so hard for people to understand in this thread

what was deleted

>Raping trump to death
>Trump(Garrison) saying himself " I will fuck this country hard"
>90% of the episode was bashing Trump
>Handy saying "what have you done to this country?!"
>Trump saying that "hillary is not that bad, at least she is competent"

They clearly endorsed her, just like the simpsons.

As much as SP deserves a thread like this, it could easily become a thread where people assume that if someone doesn't like an episode it means that the episode made fun of them. Things could get very disingenuous and strawman-heavy just like the show itself.

(you)

the season with pewdiepie seemed to have the most off kilter morals

for once it seemed like trey an matt were genuinely out of touch with things an I still understand the point of those last episodes

the season with pewdiepie seemed to have the most off kilter morals

for once it seemed like trey and matt were genuinely out of touch with things and I still *don't understand the point of those last episodes

Matt and Trey are heavy smokers and in their commentary they are actively peeved about people criticizing their habits. They even said that people shouldn't say anything about health issues if they're fat or suffering from an addiction.

I recommend people find tracks of their audio commentaries. The show may seem to be about having an unwavering middle-ground, but listening to their commentary tells that Matt and Trey are often whiny and insecure about what someone may have said to them in a passing conversation.

This. They literally say that they hate people like anti-smokers and atheists for "ruining other people's fun" by merely existing. For couple of dudes that make constantly violent cartoons, they're really sensitive.

In their commentary, the entire reason why they hate Barbra Streisand so much was because she called Colorado a state full of hicks and vowed never to step foot there again.

The fact that they keep pushing Hilary Clinton in a positive way is pretty fucking shitty. Remember when this show opposed big greedy corrupt people?

>constantly make jokes about her fat ass
>say she has a man-eating creature in her snatch
>positive way

I was only 13 in 2004 so I guess I didn't get this episode until just now. Did Matt and Trey seriously believe Bush vs. Kerry was a fight between a turd and a douche or was it just a joke for the sake of it? Because by that point Bush was already fucking up Iraq and Kerry was unfairly maligned by his Republican opponents (and his defeat is probably why Jim Webb couldn't get traction in 2016 and the Democrats just plain went full retard).

Holy fuck, I just looked up those clips. They said atheists are mean because they're like the kids who don't believe in Santa Clause and people who don't like smoking are mean because they ban it from public places.

These guys are a couple of babies.

Outspoken atheists are just like those edgy kids who go up in other kids' faces about there being no Santa Claus though.

in the recent season

>during the musical sequence where everyone vows not to tweet about stupid bullshit, the chorus goes "no one cares" when Hillary vows to not tweet

>Matt Stone: I'm a conservative! I just don't think that every time you get annoyed by something or irritated by something you should run to the government and try to make a law. It's the perfect tyranny of the majority - which the Constitution is supposed to protect us against - because most people who don't smoke are annoyed by cigarette smoke. So what you do is give people the option of "Hey! Do you want to get rid of cigarette smoke?" And all those people go "Yeah. Fuck the smokers" but it's really not fair because actually most of the people who go to bars probably smoke.

I wonder how Matt and Trey felt when the smoking bans in the US and UK were implemented, the local bars and large restaurant chains increased their profits by a third and workplace efficiency bolstered.

>telling others Santa Clause isn't real
>edgy
Do you know how ridiculous this sounds?

Most kids already know Santa Claus isn't real, so some kid trying to act cool for knowing that is edgy.

This still sounds ridiculous, user.

>its edgy for a kid to say he doesn't believe in holiday fairy tales
I'd hate to live in your world.

>t. Scrooge

If you say so.

You mean like south park always did?

But both God and Santa Claus exist in South Park, user.

The Alcoholic anonymous one always annoys me

'Alcoholism isn't real, you just need to drink moderately'

I get what they were trying to say, really, and yeah, AA seems a whole like a weird non drinking circlejerk but come the fuck on.

>implying 2 party system isn't fucking retarded

Didn't they actually apologize for this episode in the commentary?

It wasn't that they wanted to defend the merits of smoking, they just fucking hated Rob Reiner's attitude so much they decided to go full retard.

I feel like there's a lot of episodes they'd take back now because it was too much, and not in a funny shock value way, but in a way that just kind of ruins your own message.

They've never presented her as anything but a fake shitty person.

One with a vagina so big they could fit a Snuke in there.

>saying Santa isn't real is edgy
You remind me of this kid in 2nd grade who would throw violent fits when people told him that Iron Man was just a fictional character.