You’re a monster Zod, and I’m gonna stop you

>You’re a monster Zod, and I’m gonna stop you

This single moment is better than any Marvel movie

Attached: E77AB8CF-9C26-4986-B591-56483017764D.jpg (600x386, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tjTrFo-bITU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck

C R I N G E

What would he have said if it was a marvel movie?

Kinda undermined when seems to give no fucks about collateral damage.

What was he going to do, ask Zod nicely to go into the desert where his goal of murdering as many humans as possible less likely??

Anyone got any kryptonite slices?

>didn't have a kneel before Zod scene,garbage fukken garbage take your cgi crap and cram it.

YES REEEEEEEEEEE

Argued the irrationality of his position like Superman would while trying to get him out of the city and non-lethally neutralising the threat posed by the last of his kind.

Like all the other marvel villains that lived in the end correctumundo

> like Superman

If Marvel Studios randomly got to make a Superman movie, the character wouldn't randomly change at a fundamental level like Snyder changed him. Marvel understands the difference between a deconstructionist take on a character and the actual character itself.

This

Hi

Attached: thor-ragnarok-smiling-1039609.jpg (655x370, 29K)

Based

Thor is fucking ultra-chad as a character and his over-confidence lends himself to this type of humour very often.

A deconstructionist take on him would focus almost entirely on things like the existence of a damn legendary deity on earth and it's impact on contemporary society, the immense responsibility thousands of years of expectations from the throne and it's effects on his emotional state, the ridiculous trauma of the war orphan Loki, etc etc.

Snyder looks at shit like Kingdom Come, The Dark Knight Returns et all and treats it as the character, when they use the characters as a basis to express something about our society. He doesn't see that. All he sees is grimdark shit which his manchild mind interprets as adult because it's blacker and more miserable.

thor has been a fish out of water goofball since the first movie

fuck off collateral damage.

this is film

who cares about fake casulties and real world physics

The moment right before that is even better to me.

Disney doesn't even understand what heroes are anymore. All they give us is live-action Pixar, not even *good* Pixar.

Being a fish out of water is one thing. Being a flippant, oblivious buffoon is another.

Heroes are aspirational characters. For Snyder they always have to be human, show immense flaws, challenge their own aspirational beliefs and ways of living like the meme Zod scene because - again - he doesn't understand the difference between a deconstructionist take on a character and the character itself. Snyder's films are written based on the works of people who had something to say about Superman/Batman, not people who were writing a Batman/Superman story.

Having jokes does not make something more or less true to a character, and I'm sorry to break this to you but the source material has these over confident characters quipping all the time.

You act like Superman's never been forced to kill before. And he is aspiring to be something - a bridge between his people and ours.

Tell me again what Thor was aspiring to be, sitting in that chair and complaining about the smell of the horrific death that just happened right next to him - a comedian?

nothing cause marvel wouldnt made such a shit movie anyways

A God who handles the responsibility of safeguarding his kingdom and being the protectorate of earth. Which all his films deal with.

Superman's killed creatures, not sentient beings. Only time you could argue is sending imperiex and braniac to the moment of creation and even then he really doesn't. Only times superman kills are in deconstructionist works in alt realities i.e. injustice, or pre-canon.

and the aspiration isn't Supermans. We're supposed to aspire to be them, that's why they're SUPERheroes. Including Batman - an unrealistically morally unshaken man who always has a plan for every scenario and never breaks. That's something to aspire to, because it's a concept not a person. If real world people tried to be superheroes of if a godlike superhero actually existed it would be more like Watchman i.e. it would really really suck, which was the point.

no, i came back for jews

He literally wasn't a monster though. I was like "what?" when he said that.

Honestly? Ruined the movie for me, and that's not even considering Zod's snapped neck.

>This single moment is better than any Marvel movie
youtu.be/tjTrFo-bITU

spiderman quips constantly. its his thing.he always did it. while being beat down by the juggernaut or who ever he does it FFS (i know not his typical animal themed bad guy and borrowed from the xmen but shit happens)

batman is cold and calculating. no quiping until the bad guy is about to be taken down. superman is mostly portrayed as squeaky clean and thus is to milk toast to quip. that mother fucker is mr.allinadayswork

He had the ability to destroy every human being on the planet, including Martha Kent and Lois Lane, and was hell-bent on doing it. That's monstrous, or at least it is to Superman.

Ragnarok Thor is very different from his other appearances, and not in a good way.

Superman has killed Zod in at least two separate continuities. In one, he had tonkill him, Faora, and Non. These aren't Elseworlds. These are main continuity.

If you call that aspirational, you're using the word incorrectly. The word you're looking for is "inspirational." Also, Thor's not a protector of Earth. He's a protector of Midgard and a champion of the forces of good just like his daddy raised him to be. Don't believe it? Go check the official wiki. Midgard's not just Earth, it's the "region of space" Earth inhabits, which means he shouldn't care whether or not a murder victim's an Earthling, just that they're a sentient being in need of protection. All that flies right out the window in Disney's hands. The company you're defending turned him into a joke, and not even a particularly good one.

Lead the fight to the moon?based reeves did that

Justice league made less money than the following movies
>Beauty and the Beast (2017 film)
>Despicable Me 3
>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
>Thor: Ragnarok
>Wonder Woman (2017 film)
>Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
>Wolf Warrior 2
>It
>Kong: Skull Island
>Logan
>Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
>The Fate of the Furious
>War for the Planet of the Apes
>every mcu movie except The Incredible Hulk
>almost every big movie in 2017
*also the upcoming mi movie
*also black panther
....and Man Of Steel

>This single moment is better than any Marvel movie
no, you are a retard, thats it

Know what there's not a lot of on the moon? People.

>"I'm going to make them suffer, Kal,nthese humans you've adopted. I'm going to take them all away from you one by one."

Marry that phrase to the next one he says:

>"There's only one way this ends, Kal - either you die, or I do."

Do the math. Did Zod want to kill Superman, or did he want Superman to kill him?

thankyou now we know

You cant destroy earth!
Im with her!

? op is talking about man of steel, why bring justice league here

I hated that scene because Shannon was acting circles around Cavil and it made him cone out as disingenuous and apathetic.

Fpbp

>lead the fight

He literally just told Superma that he was just going to keep killing people as revenge, if superma tried to lead him anywhere,he’d just mow down a bunch of people until he came back

Based.

Let's be real here. The movie was so sloppily piled together that there was no solution to the retarded 9/11x1000 outcome because Snyder likes to see buildings being destroy more than writing a heroic figure.

The only reason BvS and JL's final battles took place where they did is because someone clearly stepped in and told him that he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

Lead the fight to the moon, are you some kind of fucking idiot? clark found out he could fly literally 2 hours before that fight. prior to that he was just some guy who was strong and fast but didn't know how strong because he'd never been in a fight in his entire life, never tested himself, didn't know what he could do. that is why zod beat the shit out of him despite superman having more raw strength

95% of the damage in that film was caused by Zod and the Kryptonians using their tech or throwing superman into things. And besides, what the fuck do you expect to happen if superpowered aliens came to earth and battled in a city? would you like them to take it easy and respect your safe space? an entire city got destroyed and the debris rained down upon earth in age of ultron, did you complain then? Did you complain at the recklessness of Tony Stark when he created ultron, and then when ultron immediately tried to destroy the planet tony created a new ultron using an infinity stone and vibranium body? sure is lucky it turned into the vision otherwise the human race would be doomed

>You're a monster Zod, and I'm gonna kill you

>The only reason BvS and JL's final battles took place where they did is because someone clearly stepped in and told him that he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
No, they took place where they did because you children complained it was too upsetting and dark and DC was desperate to appeal to the Marvel fan base. In doing so they completely fucked up BvS and JL, and we have you to thank

>Having the fight happen in an abandoned part of town is why we got stuck with "M-MARTHA!"

Attached: 1515954912338.png (490x620, 432K)

Ragnarok Thor was his best incarnation though.

>marvel
>characters
OH NO NO NO NO NO

t.never read a single Superman comic ever

>while trying to get him out of the city

I'll take Stuff Superman never does in comics for 500, Alex.

Property damage is the one action trope that makes superheroes distinct from all the other stuff besides shitty fashion sense. Only faggots think that Superman or any other hero DC or Marvel spends page upon page fighting in Arizona or fucking Chernobyl.
It's ALWAYS in the middle of the city and shit always gets wrecked. That's where the fun is. Artists like to draw rubble and people like seeing heroes flying through concrete.
Zack Snyder actually stays through to the comicbook shit and it gets all the faggots out of the woodwork.

loled

Attached: 1435453138257.png (1022x762, 561K)

Bullshit. You frequently see panels where heroes take an ass whooping because they stop to save some fag about to die from rubble falling etc unless it's a mega event where someone is wiping out cities at a time. Yeah buildings get wrecked but they are conscious of the innocent lives around them. They're superheroes this isn't fucking DBZ

DANCE OFF YOU AND ME KRYPTONITE BRO

I don't care you killed my dad!

I'm still waiting to see a movie with Superman in it. How much longer do I have to wait?

That's not what I said. Where did I say they don't save people? I was talking about the setting for the fights. Sure, they save lives, but they never pull the taking the enemy somewhere else, cause it wouldn't look cool on the page just drawing some fucking desert landscape for 22 pages. Also, usually Lois Lane doesn't hang around deserts cause there's no buildings there she can trip and fall off so he can't have the rescue scene.

And the deluxe luxury of being conscious about lives is obvious in comics cause they're presented in a static medium of drawings where the reader "controls" the passage of time, so you can have thought balloons where they say

>ugh, that hurt. Luckily I managed to adjust my mach 2 fall from this earth shattering punch and avoided hitting any civilians.

You can't have characters narrating that stuff in movies or just spouting it out aloud cause it would be goofy as fuck. And, maybe it doesn't have to. Sure in comics they point it out, but can't we just assume that in this fictional reality with flying demigods, people just get out of the way? We can accept Cobra troops constantly parachuting out of exploding planes and never suffering casualties, but for this live action cartoon everybody just assumes that everybody died. It's a bizarre standard that apparently only this movie has to uphold, while everybody gets a free pas on destruction.

Also, Zod doesn't really give him much breathing room, which is I guess what would happen if such super-powered creatures that are faster than bullets actually fought. He was on his ass all the time.
And in the MoS fight who all the whiners seemed not to even watch cause they were foaming at the mouth over muh 9/11 Superman never punches Zod into buildings. Zod on the other hand does.

Attached: total bullshit.jpg (1280x388, 133K)

>OOOOOHHH right in the infinity stones

>Gawddamn you're a loose cannon Kal-El but you sure get the job done

Attached: Sean Spicer note during press conference after being asked about trump obama accusation.jpg (1154x644, 155K)