Which format do you prefer?

Which format do you prefer?

Attached: 534345.jpg (800x540, 108K)

why the fuck would you watch anything but the original format the film was shot in

/thread

Sometimes the original format isn't avaiable

that fullscreen is just "why"

Attached: 1504584393811.png (500x200, 152K)

Speaking of formats, are there version of Dunkirk and Interstellar that don't keep switching aspect ratios between scenes? I find it really distracting.

No, it was an aesthetic choice by Nolan

It's actually really annoying with some movies where it just feels like everything is cropped off. Top Gun is like that, and the cockpit shots are cramped as fuck and you can barely tell what's going on. That's why I prefer the open matte HDTV rip and it's what's on my plex server

ah so the jarring screen just expanded/shrunk was deliberate. Now Nolan's not just a hack, but a retarded hack at that.

>overlapped
someone explain this

Attached: 1515856233944.png (657x539, 110K)

is "fullscreen" synonymous with "4:3"...?

for people under 15, yes

Fill the fucking screen and remove black bars format

More for people over 23 or so that remember renting widescreen or fullscreen DVDs.

It kinda pisses me off when they shoot a certain format then deliberately chop the top and bottom off just to look 'cinematic' or to be 'bigger' on cinema screens (use the entire width). Then they have the gall to have black bars on the bluray release so on a HDTV it does not fill the screen. Open matte all the way fuckers.

fullscreen is for old people

Widescreen IS fullscreen. This is 2018, not 2003. Who the fuck doesn't have a widescreen anything now?

>watching pan and scan ever

Its stupid such a thing even existed to begin with. Studios should have stuck with the original aspect ratios always instead of trying to appease retards who complained about muh black bars.

if anything it would be for old people who still have crt's, who the fuck under 15 has a 4:3 screen?

I don't fucking care what format

I only care about the version that's not fucking RUINED

Attached: 1425033257590.png (1397x307, 744K)

nobody under 15 knows what 4:3 means

I keep one around exclusively for watching show from the 90s and earlier

same here

I have a tiny 14" crt in the corner of the room and sometimes I put on some random old shows as background noise (star trek, twin peaks, etc) and it increases my comfyness about 10%

fpbp

>i get my opinions from RLM the post

then you delay viewing until it's available in the correct format, pleb.

but the right looks colder. it's more immersive.

you're right, something HAS been missing from my life

Is this a brainlet bait? Loon at the images. They didnt just cropped on the full screen version but in both. Wide.screen is missing top and bottom, fs is missing the sides.

By choosing one you are.missing part of the frame and.no, the original is not available

Why don't one of you idiots just get both versions and fucking edit them together and create a master cut, it'd be easy to sample the missing areas from the widescreen(from the fullscreen) and just overlay it

Cant wait for this letterbox meme to end.

Fuck off with these shitty cinematic 1.11mm shots and fill up the fucking monitor you cunts.

You guys are retarded. Some films are shot with an open matte, then cropped later. If you watch an open matte version, you'll see shit you're not suppose to see, like book mics.

Switch from IMAX camera to 35mm camera, duh

kill yourself hackson. I hope you die of aids.