Attached: Nolsie.jpg (640x705, 155K)

Is that movie actually worth watching or just a meme

>go to cannes
>take another director's film
what did nolan mean by this?

>70mm film

Muh dick! Time to buy that 70" OLED TV this Black Friday

jesus christ,

Those first three posts are the most reddit things I have ever seen on this website, I'm really not just saying that either,
You know you cant get upvotes on this website, there's really no reason to try so hard to be the funniest. you're not gonna make the front page, nobody cares.
You three just look really desperate.

so the unrestored 70mm print is different somehow or what?

sage as well

let me know when he finds the Strangelove Pie Fight

Unrestored. The fucking madman

Attached: 1522108673564.jpg (1100x1380, 240K)

was it autism?

yes it means its untouched I assume

no shit it's different

fuck off

unironically dishonest

>in 1968 the number one movie of the year was 2001 a space odyssey
>the number one movie for 2018 is borderline retarded capeshit

Nolan is a hack. Interstellar is ten steps back from where Kubrick brought the sci-fi genre.

he's not conceited

You just got an honorary upvote :)

Last year, a Guardian review of Dunkirk said that the movie put Nolan on Kubrick's level.

redpill me on kino home machines

I have a 1080p projector and it does it job well for the price, but its kinda aging (optoma hd20).

Whats the high end for tvs? oled? led? is hdr a meme?

4k OLED

The biggest since the silent era

Attached: b2r.jpg (717x880, 229K)

4K tvs have REALLY bad banding issues. I always assumed it was just UHD tvs but apparently OLEDs and QLEDs have the same issues.

Attached: uniformity.jpg (500x281, 9K)

Nolan is better than Kubrick. Kubrick wishes he could have done a film as amazing as Inception.

All throughout the 60s and 70s you had great character-driven films as well as spectacle movies at the top of the box office. Movie like 2001, The Graduate, Doctor Zhivago, The Godfather, The Exorcist, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest were mega hits.

When people say that audiences have always been plebs, or that high grossing films have always been mediocre, they're wrong. Audiences' taste has gotten worse. Modern movie-goers are simplistic, infantilised idiots.

you're right. even he knows his films are wank.
based

Is that the one that includes scientists like Dyson introducing the film?

I know you're just shot posting but Inception has zero rewatchability. It's a fucking chore trying to watch that movie again. Ellen Page has every fucking detail of the plot explained to her for 3 hours. It should be taught in schools as an example of how not to tell a story.

Good shot post

Attached: 1507809568937.jpg (2500x1200, 659K)

Drumpf voters

DUDE ARCHAIC FILM FORMATS THAT ARE HORRIFICALLY EXPENSIVE TO PRODUCE AND ONLY MAJOR CITIES CAN SHOW THEM LMAO

i doubt that many spics voted for trump

kys digital nigger

>Nolan is a hack
Irish asshole.

2001 cost (counting for inflation) around 75 million dollars to make

thanks

It just screams of metropolitan elitism when Hollywood people moan about how you "have" to see their movie on 70mm imax, even though only very large cities have those facilities.

Predict the box office for 2OOI and Godfather if they were released today

watched it three years ago for the first time. didn't know anything about it because I always avoided spoilers. I can honestly say that even if you are some adhd retard, the movie is a very interesting piece of art at the very least. at best, you're a normal human being who is able to appreciate the movie for its story as well

and retards still say "the academy is getting disconnected from audiences". it's obviously because audiences used to like good films and now all they like is garbage.

NOLAN IS AN ESTABLISHMENT CUNT, ARTHUR C CLARKE WAS A PEDOPHILE.

2001: A Space Sodomy

Teen cinema ruined hollywood. Right around that time they began appealing to younger audiences and it has been all downhill.

>ARTHUR C CLARKE WAS A PEDOPHILE
Who gives a shit, his books are dope

And you sound like some retarded soyboy who wanks to his digitalRED and thinks he can become an auteur as you yourself put it.

How the flying heck does complaining about urbancentrism make me "soy" and a "filmmaker wannabe" how the heck did you get that?

>urbancentrism
>MAKING CAPITAL LETTER MEME POSTS

Are you cranky because you couldn't get your soylent bottle open without the help of your butch dyke girlfriend?

Saw that in Seattle at one of the last original 70mm theaters left.

This is what would happen if 2001 or The Godfather were released today:
>neither film gets a theatrical release
>they would be shown in film festivals where lots of positive buzz is generated
>but the studio doesn't know what to do with the films
>they get limited releases in some big cities
>like, literally, one week in a theater in New York City or something
>box office is shit because it didn't get a wide release
This is pretty much what happened to all my favorite films after 2008. Theaters stopped showing independent and foreign films.

Alternatively:
>both films get dumped into theaters in the ass end of December along with 20 other Oscar bait films
>nobody sees either film because it's time to celebrate Christmas and New Years, not go to the movies
>they both lose because there are no black people in either films

>neither would get a theatrical release

Both were directed by very popular directors at the time. Think of Nolan, he can release shit that people normally wouldn't see, but see because he did it. You think Kubrick and Copella couldn't emulate that?

What a fucking hack

Hard to say.

Lars von Trier, Gaspar Noe, and Terrence Malick are all amazing directors but their films don't get theatrical releases. Why would Kubrick or Coppola?

David Ayer is way more based

2K monitors also have the same problem and I've never found an actual explanation for this

Because Kubrick and Coppala's films hit hard bank just like Nolan or Fincher's do today

>reddit spacing
OH NO NO NO NO...

>ARTHUR C CLARKE WAS A PEDOPHILE.

What

Honestly I only liked the spaceship scenes

I've never seen it, but my dad says it was the most boring movie he ever saw.

It's gonna be the Prestige, he'll claim it's his.

>ARTHUR C CLARKE WAS A PEDOPHILE.
Him an every good author.

It should be watched for the technical achievements alone.