Why was Tenzin white if his mother was black?

Why was Tenzin white if his mother was black?

Genetics, ya fuck.

>white

This reminds me of the Bryke rant after being called racists for Bumi and Kya not being brown enough so they had to show how they were all different combinations of Aang and Katara's skin colors.

You'd think that they had know better than to seek the tumblr crowd's approval after that.

Because Bryke was given full creative authority of the project

>It's an anyone who has skin darker than tan they're black episode

I wonder if we'll ever have a generation of creators who know better than to engage with the fans again

I mean, in a roundabout, not entirely accurate way, fans are your boss. You minimize contact with your boss because otherwise they're gonna be all up on your nuts with myopic criticisms one moment, while pretending to be your best friend the other.

The only relationship there should be you do the thing, and your boss approves and gives you money/doesn't approve and doesn't.

Oh my god, Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white.

>black
They were all asians, you dumbo.
Air Nomads - Tibet
Fire Nation - Japan
Earth Kingdom - China
Water Tribes - Eskimo

Sokka, Katara and their son so cute!

>Water Tribes - Eskimo
Except for the huge Disney blue eyes.

and Fire Nation had golden eyes, and Earth Kingdom - green. It's just artistic license, it would be boring if everybody had the same eye color.

Aang’s superior Avatar genes cancel out Katara’s traits, but just once.

oh man, eskimos sure can control water too

Superior Air Nomad genes
The real reason the fire nation exterminated them

It's not quite that simple. Earth Kingdom had some Korean influences, as well, and the Fire Nation was mainly China(I forget which dynasty) and SE Asia(Thailand, Vietnam, etc), with only some Japanese influences,(some of the names, being the most industrialized)

*And the FN's imperial ambitions, of course.

You've watched too many Rick and Morty levels and your brain has been turned on. You're going to have to stop before you uncover any more plot holes!

cause Tenzin was that 1 in 4 chance for recessive traits to get passed on wholesale unchanged. Fucks sake, take a basic health class and they show you punnett squares

just need to point out that he got his blue eyes from his water tribe mother

>expecting Sup Forumsbabbies to understand basic high school science

this
tenzin was stuck with all the recessive genes

Aang later regretted having to mix his genes and constantly used his mastery of the 4 elements to ensure Tenzin grew up light skinned like other Air Benders.

oh
oh shit
you're right

>implying he didn't use energy bending to remove the melanin genes from his child

This happened? Might have played into how they handled the show going forward too.

Like airbending?

All the brown eyed benders died of that cold that Katara and Sokka got.

...Oh. I never even noticed that before.

IT JUST MEANS THAT THEY'RE WATERBENDERS YOU BIG DOOFUS.
Blue eyes - waterbender
Green - earthbender
Silver - airbender
Yellow - firebender