No mememing, what went wrong?

No mememing, what went wrong?

Attached: 1-Blade-Runner-2049-UPDATED.jpg (1215x1719, 2.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally nothing.

ryan gosling has never been in a bad movie kys

sad boi aesthetic and Jared Leto

Cinematography and zimmer score

Nothing

It was a sequel that did well

Second half.

Attached: 1513540021521.jpg (660x495, 114K)

There was an attempt to make a film rather then capeshit.

nothing, its literally one of the greatest pieces ofart ever created

Attached: 12.jpg (277x182, 5K)

The film is too short.
Where is my 4 hour cut?

Absolutely nothing

Some plot issues - for example, why doesn't Luv kill K in Vegas?
Luv's motives are hard to understand, and I don't think it's because the movie is being subtle with them.
Wallace is potentially interesting, but the movie doesn't really flesh him out.
Scene where the replicant army reveals itself to K is corny.
Harrison Ford does a pretty good job of playing Deckard again, but I still sort of had a feeling that I was watching Harrison Ford the actor on screen, not Deckard.
Not enough time in LA - it's a remarkably fascinating fictional environment I wish I could see more of. The movie sort of just touches on what it's like. Are there even that many humans left on Earth? Seems like replicants everywhere except in top positions of power. Would be cool to see more of it.

Overall still a really good movie compared to the average Hollywood production, though.

Where's my week long cut of heavens gate!

Sup Forums

Where is that faggot user who hates this movie at? He's usually ITT by now.

>I still sort of had a feeling that I was watching Harrison Ford the actor on screen, not Deckard.
To me, it's sort of hard watching Harrison Ford now.
He looks so fragile.
2049 had lots of long scenes, but Deckards fight with K had lots of shots to imply fighting.

You tell me

Attached: 1522250657277.jpg (1496x894, 122K)

Jared Leto's character mostly.
The rest of the film is great.

>boring plot
>boring dialogue
>tiringly slow
>shit lead actor

I can't believe you guys memed it enough for me to see it

Also the Replicant underground revolution. Almost forgot about it, that's how integral it was to the story.

The marketing

Too much capshit turned people brains into mush tus making films like this not as loved as before.

Barely anything, but I feel like the movie could cut Harrison Ford and the entire subplot of Replicants resistance from the movie and nothing would be lost.

Nothing, but I would like a sequel with Jared Leto in a more prominent role.

They were integral though. The entire movie is K's character arc, the resistance was necessary for him to complete it

Nothing, I personally loved it

>that number of followers
lmao random coalburners have more followers than him, this is pathetic.

No it wasn't lol

They could have toned down Jared Leto while also giving him more to do. The replicant revolution stuff felt like it was just an excuse to get K back on his feet, and there could have been a better way of getting him out of Vegas. In terms of its box office underperformance, better marketing would have served it well. The hideous orange and teal poster that got a lot of coverage and the mediocre trailer didn't really inspire hope that the movie would have been that good.

They needed to be incorporated way more smoothly into the plot as a whole. The way they were in the movie jut felt like an excuse for K to learn that he wasn't the child and to give him exposition that would lead him to Deckard.

I doubt we'll ever get one.

>Scene where the replicant army reveals itself to K is corny.
To be honest it's only corny because Philip K Dick was a trailblazer and it's been done a lot since then.

>Not enough time in LA - it's a remarkably fascinating fictional environment I wish I could see more of. The movie sort of just touches on what it's like. Are there even that many humans left on Earth? Seems like replicants everywhere except in top positions of power. Would be cool to see more of it.
It's like the reverse of this in the novel.

>Luv's motives are hard to understand, and I don't think it's because the movie is being subtle with them.
She's a replicant struggling to control her emotions.

Attached: K pepe.jpg (957x745, 124K)

>Harrison Ford does a pretty good job of playing Deckard again, but I still sort of had a feeling that I was watching Harrison Ford the actor on screen, not Deckard.

contrarian, the sentence. It absolutely did not felt like Deckard. And that's my only problem really with the movie. It's an annoying problem though.

There was zero immersion, it all felt like a finely crafted movie. It was simply just a gorgeous looking story, but it wasn't tangible in any engaging way. With the first Blade Runner, there was a real sense of being apart of the world. Not with 2049.
The movie was fine, but it was no Blade Runner.

Never stop watching capeshit, pleb.

The first time I watched BR2049, it had been years since I had seen the original BR, and Ford did not feel like Deckard. However, a few weeks later I watched BR and BR2049 right after each other, and that time around Ford did feel like Deckard.

Maybe I'm being a brainlet, but... where did K get a new spinner after the replicant resistance fixed him up? Wasn't his original spinner destroyed when Luv's team hit it with a missile in Vegas?

Resistance probably gave it to him so he could find and kill Deckard, I dunno.

Penis Villanweave and Jared "look I'm Heath Ledger" Leto

Why couldn't Wallace use genetic engineering/replicant corneas to cure his illness?

They made the movie.

trying to remake kino
am I the only one here who had no interest in seeing this movie?

nope

I found it...boring. And I love the original.

I like them both but preferred this one. The original meandered a bit.

The novel is the best though.

Because he obviously consider it beneath him.

hold up, let me get mt thesaurus

weak script

It would be an interesting hypocrisy for the character to have. They should have made it a little bit more overt.

>I found it.................................boring

Attached: 1522102127395.jpg (234x214, 13K)

When will the goose let loose?

nothing. its a meme that its bad

Nothing except Leto, they should have casted someone with more prescence

Requires too much thought to understand the deep emotional aspects. Kinda slow. The same issues that plagued the first.

why is pretending to hate 2049 a meme lol

it's one of the best movies of 2010's and one of the best cinematography ever made

Not enough Luv

Attached: luvbest.png (1792x749, 1.83M)

Holy shit watch more movies you ingrate.

everything after he went to vegas. Ford had way to big of a part in the movie and the whole magic replicant vagina thing was to much of a mcguffin. the cliche resistance bullshit was bad too. the first 40 minutes was kino tho.

It's probably a reference to the blind god archetype.

if the resistance hadn't helped him after the Deckard abduction the last third of the movie would not have happened.

I've feeded seeds you people wouldn't believe...

Attached: pepe looking down barrel.jpg (399x384, 19K)

this tho

A lot of things in the movie doesn't make sense.
If Wallace ensured that replicants follow every orders to avoid the incident that happened before, then why does K have to submit to that kind of testing everytime?
If the testing was made because some replicants still went rogue, as evidenced by the replicant rebels, why are they still making replicants, and why the fuck does Wallace want to make child rearing replicants even more?
It's very questionable that Wallace intends to colonize space via replicants that give birth, even if you factor in that food isn't an issue.
Any parent can tell you that raising a kid consists of: time, clothing, education/stimulation, water and that isn't some insignificant factor even if food is out of the way, since replicants having children means an exponential increase in need of those 4 things, assuming it's even just those 4 things.

Then we have the replicant jesus and rebels thing which is really horrible. If they're supposed to be the old replicants before the big database was destroyed they should've already died because of their limited life.
If they just rebelled after, then it just makes Wallace an even stupider faggot than I thought.

Then to make it worse there's the fanbase who thinks 2049 is the best movie ever, when in actuality, they just want to discuss "muh JOI/LUV waifu thread #432", proving even more that they've never ever been in a relationship, because anyone with a 3 digit IQ is smart enough to know that artificial love will never ever be satisfying because a love catered to your every whim is so fucking dull.

The only way you could possibly have this opinion is if you only watch 2-5 movies a year and all of those movies are netflix or hollywood blockbusters. Yikes.

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y

almost everything

Nothing wrong with the film, it's a completely worthy sequel.

People forget that back in the day the original wasn't a blockbuster either and also received mixed reviews. But it became a cult classic.

Sci-fi doesn't sell well, period. The vast majority of people either don't give two fucks, or lack knowledge in fields that would help them digest Sci-fi plots with no exposition.

This film had a similar reception to the first one, and like the first one, the people who didn't care for it will forget about it, while the people that loved it will elevate it to a cult classic.

nothing,

the marketing campaign could/should have been different though

>Soys exposing themselves this pathetically

I think the only problem was knowing Harrison Ford was going to be in it. It would of been a lot better if he wasn't headlining and was a surprise.

Attached: ApiRnSY.jpg (1080x1350, 112K)

The baseline test is part of wallace’s replicant package. If they pass the baseline test then they will be obedient. That was good enough for the earth government to legalize replicant again. Most of the resistance were made up previous generation replicant. Food and water isn’t exactly Wallace’s limitation since his company revolutionize synthetic foods. He want to be produce replicant faster and possibly cheaper to have bigger workforce to speed up colonization process. They can speed up replicant’s growth rate to maturity and use memory implant to produce mental/emotion maturity.
After tyrell death, Tyrell corp released another generation of replicants with planted memory with normal or even extended lifespan. It was explicitly stated in the. Tyrell corp did not collapse until the event of the blackout

>That was good enough for the earth government to legalize replicant again.
A government that just went through a lot of shit, namely the blackout because some replicants didn't want to die and then readily accepts some baseline check knowing fully well that mentally and physically enhanced replicants can still run away before and after the check is a bad plot.

>Most of the resistance were made up previous generation replicant.
Then they should've died long ago due to limited lifespan already, considering Roy Batty only had a 4 year lifespan, and replicant jesus is an adult already

>Food and water isn’t exactly Wallace’s limitation since his company revolutionize synthetic foods.
That's just one part of the problem, and assuming that's solved, replicant children would create an exponential increase in consumption of:
clothing, time, education, power.
and that's just assuming those 4.

>They can speed up replicant’s growth rate to maturity and use memory implant to produce mental/emotion maturity.
Yeah, K's memory implant sure did give him emotional stability and maturity.

>After tyrell death, Tyrell corp released another generation of replicants with planted memory with normal or even extended lifespan. It was explicitly stated in the. Tyrell corp did not collapse until the event of the blackout

Wow, and I thought BR couldn't have gone even stupider.
After Tyrell's death from the hands of a replicant, they actually released replicants Nexus 8 with a natural lifespan.
Wow.

>Yeah, K's memory implant sure did give him emotional stability and maturity.
They explicitly mention using real memories is illegal, it was a tool to lure replicants to the resistance.

I don’t see how it is a stretch that government and corporation will do that. The tyrell corp can just cover up the death that night and continue their plan for next gen replicant release. It take an event as big as black out to shut down the corp and replicant production. The government will lax their regulation for corp if they can get away with it. Wallace’s image on earth was overwhelmingly positive at time because he saved the earth from the brink of complete social collapse

It was too clever for it's audience