Comfy Thread

What is the most comfiest, coziest place in your country?

Pic related, Aspen, Colorado. I can literally feel the coziness of this picture.

Here. I don't care for the liberal hipster-dipsters, but the food scene is amazing. Nothing quite like seeing the sun strike Mt. Rainier and the Sound.

Fraiser pls

No, it's true. 240 pounds of angry Midwestern right-leaning man, and I fall in love with the city every time I visit.

any tips for traveling there? best time of the year to go?

I've gone there mostly for Emerald City Comic-Con and family functions, though I started interviewing in the area.

I typically just fly Southwest. Sometimes I luck out with a Ding! deal.

Sea-Tac has a loading/unloading zone for ride shares. Use it, it's so much cheaper than taxis and still faster than taking the trains in. That said, if you're there for more than an overnight, get an ORCA card. they can be used on all the buses, trains, etc. (except for the monorail, which was a boondoggle anyway)

Lodging -- well, I don't know. I've liked the Deca Hotel in the past, but the Homewood close to the Convention Center isn't bad, just overpriced. You might want to try Priceline and Hipmunk.

I've heard good things about the "Seattle Underground" tours, which include a visit to the sub-surface shopping areas from Seattle's Chinatown days. Same for some of the walking chocolate and beer tours. That said, the Pike Brewing Company is one of the highlights of Pike Place. The throwing-fish thing is nice, but only really helpful if you're buying fish. Most tourists aren't.

For food ... Hmm. Ivar's is great seafood. Poppy is good for small plates, but it's awfully expensive. Skillet has multiple locations with breakfast food and cocktails in mind.

As for FUN shit to do, the Stranger might be a liberal-leaning rag, but they have a great events list. Theater, special events at museums, concerts, you name it, it'll be listed.

I hope you take the trip. It's gorgeous out there.

Most of the PNW is pretty comfy desu if you can deal with the liberal faggots and sjw's everywhere

Yeah. I'm applying to jobs in Portland, too.

No matter all the gnawing wet-mouthed liberal whining, there's nothing like an early morning out there. Seeing the sun rise over the hills and my warm coffee? Jesus.

I've wanted to move there for ten years. Finally I have the skills for it (I hope).

Don't forget that there is also no sales tax and no self-serve gas, minor things but they add to the comfyness

Honestly in my opinion I find cities to be comfy

Even if I have to deal with all the annoying liberal hipsters, doesn't make any difference to me, I've already seen enough at college that I've gotten used to it, thank fuck I filtered out the political discussion that happened from time to time

And the rain, and the overpriced restaurants and the homeless who harass everyone trying to walk through the city. Can't even stop at a light with your windows down during the summer or some homeless fuck on meth starts screaming at you. The place is so overhyped. Everyone is just amazed how awesome Portland is cause they are all transplants from the middle of nowhere and think a small town like Portland is amazing.

Bump

Fuck Portland, hell fuck Corvallis and Eugene while you are at it. Lot's more places than those three to live in Oregon that are super comfy senpai

My beddy bye when mummy tucks me in and kisses me

>the food scene
Fuck you.

Whoa, whoa, calm down, man.

I like eating. Uncle Elizabeth's? Skillet? Root Table Cafe? Really, you don't like any of the trendy stuff around town?

>I like eating, y'know, unlike you plebs

I'm still not sure what you're driving at here. Have you mistaken this for a Portlandia sketch?

Posting some comfy pictures. Since I'm autistic, I collect them.

you probably drive a subaru and menstruate into a cup

No, I own and operate a Jeep and a dick.

PNW is hands down the dankest region in the US. Mostly white, 4 seasons, mountains, ocean. Take your pick of living in the sticks or the cities, both are great in their own ways.
Come visit, but don't stay.