He had green ears because he was painting a house green!

>he had green ears because he was painting a house green!
>he got paint on his ears! that happens to everybody when they paint a house!
>all we have to do is find the guy who painted a house green on the day this boy saw the green eared monster!
>let's go! season mystery solved!

Moments in Good/Great TV shows that turned the rest of the season into shit?

True Detective could have been so much better if they didn't solve the mystery this way...

Attached: 672ed54d2d5e55669e871c6e97a3c2b8.jpg (450x450, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N1BpAaJeb3o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why else would he have green ears?

something something lovecraftian something

I agree OP. I watched this from start to finish and that was the moment I realized it would end in shit. My worry was confirmed during the finale when the bad guys win because le "muh gritty realism". They are free to rape and murder as they please forever.

No series has left me as empty as this.

I wanted som lovecraftian shit behind things, not just inbreed fuckers.

>ruins your season 5 of Breaking Bad

It was all downhill from here.

Attached: 5x1_M60.png (1279x712, 818K)

If the solution is fucking stupid then don't put in the green ear shit in the first place.

I remember there was a really good theory on why he had green ears but I can't remember it now. Pizzalatte is a hack.

still better than season 2

>who killed this guy in such a brutal and public way? was it the gangsters he was stealing from, the gangsters he was screwing over, the politicians he was blackmailing, or the business people who made bank from him dying?

>NOPE, he robbed a place during the riots 20 years ago and now the kids from that robbery are batmaning him
>also the guy from wedding crashers died back there somewhere
>now we're all true detectives!

Why does he have only tracer rounds?

I can't believe you even remember all that shit about season 2
I don't remember shit about it

Back when the series was still coming out, I heard a great theory on here about how the "green ears" were actually ear muffs (similar to what he was wearing in his first appearance). That seemed really plausible.

Then they did the painted ears shit and yeah, I agree, weakest revelation in the series.

I thought the green ears was because he was a groundskeeper who used a ride on mower with a face mask, so the grass clippings sort of sprayed up and got the side of hia head.

The whole "dad in my head" reveal in mr robot. The entire show drove off a cliff in that one moment

I think there were a couple of people who cracked the case based on thinking it was pic related

Attached: john deere.jpg (180x180, 14K)

did you ever read the bts for that shit. they didn't even have a plan. they just wanted walt to be doing something cool so they had him buying a giant gun with no plan on how to use it.

You guys are retarded. The flashback to the lawnmowing scenes when he figures it out

the sad part is it can so easily be fixed. either via the ear protection everyone else has pointed out, or the little girl saying he had green splotched skin instead of ears

A few nondescript paint spills on skin make far more sense than ears specifically. They could have even thrown in a touch like the old lady talking about how funny it was when he spilled his paint or whatever.

in the scene where they question him, there's literally a sign that says "check out our king"
>how soon we forget

but the prop director said the king was that pile of bones or whatever in the boonies.

Whats that quote from fargo about shades of green?

for FX

Attached: 1446265417883.gif (499x310, 622K)

yeah, that's part of why it was total shit

>they didn't even have a plan. they just wanted walt to be doing something cool so they had him buying a giant gun with no plan on how to use it.

I think that's bullshit because many people predicted he would use it to save somebody he loved in the finale.

>Meatballs for hair

Attached: 1519996748033.jpg (699x485, 68K)

You guys are way too autistic about this shit. It was fine. The house was was what you were meant to focus on not some retards ears. Him doing voices and fucking his sister was dumber than that shit

Why would you wear earmuffs while painting a house green?

i just hate the fact he was so fucking crazy.
like really over the top

A very Lynchian twist

>doing voices and fucking his sister
mfw i remember that now

Attached: i'm feelin it.jpg (480x360, 39K)

>i just hate the fact he was so fucking crazy.
Why? He was a genius at the same time, he just had a fractured personality

>He was a genius at the same time

not really

Attached: noisecanceling.jpg (225x225, 4K)

Maybe someone else was using power tools close by.

classic Sup Forums humour

Wasn't the girl fucked up on a bunch of drugs? So he has a little bit of green paint on his ears and she remembers his entire ears as green because she was out of her fucking mind. The rest of the suspect drawing is ridiculous too, so I'm not sure why the green ears are such a sticking point.

>You guys are way too autistic about this shit.
you don't belong here normalfag

>not really
Yes really

the voices and inbreeding made sense, it hinted the family tree goes up to the royal houses of Europe

never forget
youtube.com/watch?v=N1BpAaJeb3o

When I watched, I thought he looks like an elf (not classic elf, mind you), or "leshy", a forrest spirit. This moment was genuinely spooky. Also, from picture alone I had an impression that creature wasn't that tall, like a child's height tall, maybe.

So did anyone ever figure out what Rust was shooting at? Everyone was dead by then.

fuck off, memer

>The little girl literally describes him as a spaghetti monster
>People still think his ears were literally green
You guys are fucking retarded. He had paint splotched around his face.

Attached: EP8Hdsz.png (720x540, 305K)

So you don't get paint on your ears

That's because television is predictable hackery, not because the writers knew what they'd do.

True Detective wasn't great, it just tickled the prostates of the peasantry who weren't used to hearing atheist stuff said on teevee.

That's not it, memer

His skin is actually green and the rest of his face is covered in ash from cleaning a chimney

>this is a tall man in Trump country

Attached: true-detective-lawnmower-man.png (1136x640, 607K)

fuck off

Theyre saving taking down the satanic pedo syndicate, the DNC, for season 3.

Weakest part of a great show. They could have gone with him wearing green ear protection or something. I honestly don’t know what they were thinking with that shit.

He was shooting at God

ive done dumber things

Kids have a distorted view of the past since the brain isn't fully developed, he could have been wearing green earmuffs or headphones and the mind filled in the rest of the blanks. Painted ears was the dumbest fucking thing they could have went with

So you all posted 50+ replies but didn’t get to the heart of the issue in the scene. He says “why green ears?” Holds up a Polaroid picture of the house and goes “does that look like fresh paint?” Goes to the house, the original people still live there it’s a widow, he asks her if they paid taxes the year in question, and try find the killer by going through the the couples taxes from decades ago. It’s stupid as hell

Attached: DC7899C1-6038-4B82-A202-07550AF58D96.jpg (1024x730, 196K)

These

Honestly the taxes shit is what did it for me, no way white trash does their taxes. That being said amazing series, I really hope one day awe get more inspired works of the King in Yellow or the Repairer of Reputations.

reminder the same redditors who defend this will shit on s2

>Watched entirety of BB until 3 episodes from the end of s5.
>Suddenly realised this is vapid shit
>Suddenly realised that I was bored and didn't care how it ended
>didn't waste another two hours of my life watching the last three episodes
BB was rhe most overrated show ever
I should have turned off after the dumb air-crash coincidence

If you can afford to get your house painted, you do some sort of taxes every year.

I didn't really care much for season 2 but you have to be straight up delusional to defend green ear paint. It's the biggest mental gymnastics ever, as much as I enjoy season 1 I can admit dumb shit like this holds it back

Yeah it seemed really obvious that it was a kid sruggling to describe earmuffs. I can only assume there was a mixup in the writers room.

this, what the fuck. im gonna rewatch season 2 now based on the user's recollection

same, though for me Frank made it more enjoyable than season 1

Wow, you described just about 99% of all TV shows.

True Detective could have been so much better if the final antagonist wasn't a random hilbilly

I've always thought it would have been cool if they described him with some sort of painter's mask covering his lower face, like pic related. It would make Reggie's appearance at the end of episode 5 that much more scary, tricking the audience into believing this was the yellow king, while ultimately being a red herring.

Attached: if i take that off would you die.jpg (480x480, 24K)

That guy didn't look anywhere near as fucked up as you would think, I was expecting something like pic related

But maybe that would have made finding him too easy?

Attached: deadpool-face.jpg (1000x500, 105K)

Holy fuck. That moment when Reggie walked across the field with Rust's narration to end the episode was a GOAT moment. Was all downhill from there.

wow how on earth did they predict THAT!
link to crystal ball pls. i want the numbers for next weeks lotto!

>My worry was confirmed during the finale when the bad guys win because le "muh gritty realism". They are free to rape and murder as they please forever.

Can you explain what's actually wrong with this aspect of the ending without using words like "le" and "muh"? The series was about pessimism from episode 1, so why would a grim ending bother you?

I actually think that fits the pessimist feel of the show well. Thinking about how hillbillies deep in the woods can do pretty much whatever they want and get away with it pretty easily. I mean how must fucked up shit must people do out innawoods that goes completely unknown to the rest of the world?

I suppose if they went with the secret pedo illumaniti path that would've also fit just fine, but either way works in my opinion.

its a great show but yeah the mystery itself is shit. why don't they just go through real detective cases? surely something much more interesting than fucking green ears would come out.

it's not even particularly grim, they were homicide detectives and solved the homicides and took a serial killer off the streets.

>b-but they didn't bring down a state-wide political family
why would they?

I've been a professional house painter for the past 6 years and this was my absolutely favorite show when it was airing until it got to that fucking utterly stupid idiotic ""explanation""

The only way to paint your ears enough so that a child could consider it another color would be if you literally took the paint brush and carefully paint them...The most paint I've ever gotten on my ears even as a beginner was a couple of big drops and that was only if I had to paint a confined space where my head was really close to the brush and it splattered.

this confirms that Season 2 is the superior season

Attached: Untitled7.png (975x506, 445K)

inbred fuckers are a staple of lovecraftian fiction you fucking mouthbreather

Attached: Deunan heh.png (197x218, 54K)

Emily confirmed season 2 was the superior season

Attached: Emily.png (2560x1440, 3.6M)

>dead dude is called Casper but with an accent
>vince vaughn just stares at the ceiling and says dark stuff about his past
>"deep" dialogue

true detective has to be the most pseudo-intellectual show out there

You missed the part where he was unknowingly fucking his bastard daughter.
Because every show needs incest now

square up cunt

>tfw Sup Forums had way better ideas than pizza
>tfw Sup Forums found all the red herrings and realised they were there because that hack didn't have the talent to write them into the story
>tfw true detective s1 threads were the last good threads Sup Forums had discussing a show while it aired
I miss it bros

> The series was about pessimism from episode 1
literally what
did you miss Rust's entire arc?

kek this