Christians of Sup Forums...

Christians of Sup Forums, how do you do not lose faith in God despite all the cruel and evil things that happen in the world everyday. It's kinda hard for me tbqfh. What goes through your mind when you pray and see the evil that happens in the world

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter
christiancourier.com/articles/646-why-did-jesus-curse-the-fig-tree
youtu.be/3PaOzTbGlsU
youtu.be/QSR_OW8KhmQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hope that everythings gonna be alright

Take it to

Earth is not paradise. The suffering of this world is nothing compared to the holy ecstasy and glory of The Kingdom. All who suffer do so on a cross. Suffer with Christ that you may join him in Paradise.

>problem of evil
it's like the "4d chess!" meme
God works in mysterious ways

luke 6:22

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Pray harder? Honestly, if you are serious about this(which I doubt, it's on /pol afterall)

You wouldn't question your belief, that's already a sign perhaps you had doubts from day one of your service.

Eastern Orthodox Church faithful - 2016

>paranormal
that's some shitty advice

I watch BLACKED.com and am reminded of God's many gifts to counterbalance the evil in this world.

Praise Jesus. Amen.

To doubt is natural. It just means you have to strengthen your faith.

If God exists, why did he create niggers?

Because the world is full of evil itself. It's not God's fault that we turned against Him. That was our decision. He gave us fair warning, but we decided our knowledge is greater than His, and we still do today. Thankfully, we are now under the dispensation of grace. Therefore, we can receive His mercy and grace, but we have to accept it. It's our decision, just like turning away from Him was our decision.

target practice, along with wet backs

There are no Christians on Sup Forums. Christians are not racist, for starters. And Christians preach love instead of hate, and love the poor and the meek, when this board idolises the rich and the strong.

Faith is the only thing left to hold on to.

Spotted the hopeless heathen

You've never opened a history textbook, have you.
Deus Vult

>when this board idolises the rich
>being this new

How can one make such a morality-based judgment without realizing the obvious implication that it must find its basis in the Divine?

I'm a sincere Christian (though I understand where you're coming from - but not all of Sup Forums admires or advocates such qualities)

Habakkuk 2:14 "for the righteous shall live by faith."

>Deus Vult

cringe.

honestly worse than fedoras with katanas

It doesn't disturb me at all because I have a good theological comprehension.

>Christians of Sup Forums, how do you do not lose faith in God despite all the cruel and evil things that happen in the world everyday. It's kinda hard for me tbqfh. What goes through your mind when you pray and see the evil that happens in the world
You should read the Consolation of Philosophy.

FUCK YEAH BOETHIUS!!

Amen

It's just as hard on us as it is on you.

Anyone who takes the time to thoroughly think out the bible and suffering will finally ask the final question, "Why does God allow pain?"

I'm not going into this because you already have it set in your mind that there is no God or if there is, He's unknowable.

You really just have to sit down and read the bible from front to back, taking your time to understand it all, which takes around half a year to a year of intense study, with light frequent study it can be done in two years.

I pray everyday that God watches out for everyone, even my enemies.

>Put you on the armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the deceits of the devil.
For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places.

The wickedness of this world is part of the reason I chose to put my faith in Christ. Hope for a world beyond this wretched place is the only thing that keeps me going.

Right?

Dies irae, dies illa
Solvet Saeclum in favilla
Teste Satan cum sibylla.
Quantos tremor est futurus
Quando Vindex est venturus
Cuncta stricte discussurus.
Dies irae, dies illa!

Sanctus Satanas, Sanctus
Dominus Diabolus Sabaoth.
Satanas – venire!
Satanas – venire!
Ave, Satanas, ave Satanas.
Tui sunt caeli,
Tua est terra,
Ave Satanas!

Oriens splendor lucis aeternae
Et Lucifer justitae: veni
Et illumine sedentes in tenebris
Et umbra mortis.

Ad Satanas qui laetificat juventutem meam
Veni, omnipotens aeterne diabolus!
Pone, diabolus, custodiam!

God is dead
God is dead
God is dead

>American feelgood prosperity gospel
>Not heresy
>Choose one
Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Go to bed Hillary.

Hard question. I just find that the worse things are the closer it is to judgement day. Suffering is what is to be expected in the future especially by Christians but I'm not talking about turn the other cheek kinda shit.
Pray for me because I'm to be catechized into the Orthodox church and my final step is to go to confession. I'm scared but I wish to walk the path.

Evil isn't a problem if you've actually read the Bible.

This.

the cross of st. peter represents the descent of divinity, opposite of the upwards (latin) cross which represents the ascent of divinity

>The origin of the symbol comes from the Catholic tradition that Simon Peter was crucified upside down,[1] as told by Origen of Alexandria. The tradition first appears in the "Martyrdom of Peter", a fragmented text found in, but possibly predating, the apocryphal Acts of Peter, which was written no later than 200 A.D. It is believed that Peter requested this form of crucifixion as he felt he was unworthy to be crucified in the same manner that Jesus died. As such, some Catholics use this cross as a symbol of humility and unworthiness in comparison to Jesus.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter

you are a faggot and your rebellion against our faith is a failure

Will do.

God did not come to bring peace or vanquish evil. Study more retards.

God is our hope to go beyond evil, this world would have no hope without him

Adult victims of exploitation by clergy often don't see themselves as victims. Without wider public awareness of the extent and impacts of this form of violence, adults who have been victimized by a beloved priest, pastor, minister, rabbi or other clergy will remain the "silent majority" of clergy abuse victims, suffering in their shame and self-isolation.
All of these "faiths" are political, not spiritual.
That's why you're here on Sup Forums.
You hate us but you love to exploit our time, talent and treasure.

The Lord God endured three hours of Crucifixion, scourging, and death, because of a false conviction brought about by the fervent clamor of planted crowd, orchestrated by the elites of His time jealous of his success. Through this injustice, eternal glory and salvation was won.

Man is created in Gods image. Man har always been both good and evil, therefore God is also both good and evil. Evilness is nesicarry for goodness to exist. Gods creation is perfect, therefore the duality of man is perfection and unchangeable.Strive for greatness, but never ignore that you as well have evil sides, as we all have. I meditate on this often.

Well, it has to be hard for believers when it is literally spelled out in the Bible that the ruler of this world is Satan himself. For argument's sake if he wasn't he wouldn't be able to offer Jesus the riches of this world (at that time Jesus was fasting in wilderness for 40 days) And not to mention we are living in the last hours before the tribulation period starts whether you believe it or not. Our hope, the only hope is Jesus Christ who died for us. That's all that matters.

>tfw lost the faith and trying to regain it back

Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

>Le Christ was a nice tolerant guy meme

He stormed into temples, flipped tables, yelled, denounced evil, chased people with whips. Even cursed a FUCKING FIG TREE.

>Even cursed a FUCKING FIG TREE.
Do you know why?

christiancourier.com/articles/646-why-did-jesus-curse-the-fig-tree

No. This is blasphemy. Everything God created was good.

When the flood happened, he saw the world had become "filled" with evil. God is not evil. Evil is merely a corruption of good.

Why are you asking me this?

Not really. Adam was created in God's image, not us. Adam was perfect before the fall. All the offsprings of Adam's (us) are created in fallen image.

Try to watch these two videos

youtu.be/3PaOzTbGlsU
youtu.be/QSR_OW8KhmQ

i may not be a true believer
but i will be a christian and my kids will too
the tradition will be carried on

>Christians of Sup Forums, how do you do not lose faith in God despite all the cruel and evil things that happen in the world everyday.

All that evil that you see today is only temporary. It is not permanent. In a short while right now, God is about to bring Judgement Day on this world by sending his son and his angels to earth to wipe out all evil on Earth in the war known as Armaggedon.

>(Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

> (Proverbs 2:21) For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it.

>(Matthew 5:5) “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.

>(Psalm 25:13) His own soul will lodge in goodness itself, And his own offspring will take possession of the earth.

>(Psalm 37:11) But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Hang in there, user. This system we live in is only temporary. Soon, the earth as you know it will be wiped clean of all pain, suffering, evil, and injustice.

I gain more faith by seeing horrible things in the world. It's super easy to lose faith and become evil, simply sell your soul and you have all the money and fame in the world.

It's easy to be tempted into evil but the real challenge is walking with God. Plus you are someone's salvation if they need it since this entire world is surrounded by evil. People that are faithful need salvation in other Christians and Jesus.

Set yourself apart, be that salvation in a giant ocean of lost and cruel people.

is it just me or does anybody else think that jesus was being condescending when he called people "sheep"?

And we are all the descendants of Adam. It was not solely a corruption of the body in a pure physical sense, we became open to illness and death, yes; he body held and kept it's form. I was more so a corruption of the soul.

Just you.

k

Epicurus:

Epicurus
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

That's not an abortion. That's an intact miscarriage

>all the cruel and evil things
I guess it just makes reality more real for me.

Makes me want to contribute something good to the world if I can.

>What goes through your mind when you pray and see the evil that happens in the world

>Psalms 55:22 - 22 Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, And he himself will sustain you.
Never will he allow the righteous one to totter.

>(Philippians 4:6) Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God;

>(1 Peter 5:7) while YOU throw all YOUR anxiety upon him, because he cares for YOU.

>(Matthew 11:28-30) - Come to me, all YOU who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh YOU. 29 Take my yoke upon YOU and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and YOU will find refreshment for YOUR souls. 30 For my yoke is kindly and my load is light.”

>Proverbs 3:5,6 - Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. 6 In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight.

>Isaiah 35:4 - “Be strong. Do not be afraid. Look! YOUR own God will come with vengeance itself, God even with a repayment. He himself will come and save YOU people.”

>Isaiah 41:9 - ... ‘You are my servant; I have chosen you, and I have not rejected you.

>Isaiah 41:10 - Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’

>Deuteronomy 31:6 - BE courageous and strong. Do not be afraid or suffer a shock before them, because Jehovah your God is the one marching with you. He will neither desert you nor leave you entirely.”

>(Joshua 1:5) Nobody will take a firm stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I proved to be with Moses I shall prove to be with you. I shall neither desert you nor leave you entirely.

Newborns can have cancer and you guys still believe in God?

Sup Forums must be comprised of everyone from Mississippi and Alabama

Our education system has failed you all

What does your rhetorical question have to do with anything in this thread?

>newborns can have cancer
>therefore, God doesn't exist
great argument, freethinker

Anyone can have cancer.

Newborns do not hold some special place on a scale of being exempt from death. We all die. We will see how you feel when you are burning in hell because you decided to be an arrogant twat, instead of engaging in earnest study and deep thought as to why certain things happen, or as to why anything happens, at all, for any reason.

God needs more infant angels? Is their premature death part of "God's plan"?

>Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Non sequitur

Reality is a training ground for souls
Suffering is necessary to mold us into being worthy of entering heaven
>Wealthy = easy life = harder to get into heaven than fitting through the eye of the needle
>The meek will inherit the earth

It is because he loves us that suffering exists

This tbqh.
The Lord never promised a rose garden on Earth, he in fact said the opposite. You have to keep faith, pray, laugh and cry, and when it's over, you'll look back and be glad you've been through hardship.

>how do you do not lose faith in God despite all the cruel and evil things that happen in the world everyday.
that should strengthen your faith bro.

>angels are dead humans
what cartoon do you get your theology from?

If everyone followed what Jesus taught, how much suffering would there be?
Really makes you ponder doesn't it.

I don't know man, there are hundreds of religious books. Yours is the correct one though, right?

>Is their premature death part of "God's plan"?

>Lamentations 3:33 - For not out of his own heart has he afflicted or does he grieve the sons of men.

>James 1:13 - When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.

>Genesis 18:25 - It is unthinkable of you that you are acting in this manner to put to death the righteous man with the wicked one so that it has to occur with the righteous man as it does with the wicked! It is unthinkable of you. Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right?”

>2 Chronicles 19:7 - And now let the dread of Jehovah come to be upon YOU. Be careful and act, for with Jehovah our God there is no unrighteousness or partiality or taking of a bribe.”

>Psalm 92:15 - To tell that Jehovah is upright. [He is] my Rock, in whom there is no unrighteousness.

>Job 34:10 - Therefore, YOU men of heart, listen to me. Far be it from the [true] God to act wickedly, And the Almighty to act unjustly!

>Deuteronomy 32:4 - The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; Righteous and upright is he.

should I watch lain?

It made me choke down straight liquor just to try. Turning it into cutes and Christian symbols makes me uncomfortable. Those lucifarians make me so mad I can't control myself.

Humans are not, and do not ever become angels. Totally different beings.

If terrible things, events, or people were enough to stop me from believing in God, you alone would be more than sufficient. Yet, I still believe. I see that the depth of your theological knowledge is equivalent to the water contained within a dried up puddle, none. Yet you jump to conclusions, when you do not even hold even a piece of the puzzle, and are absolutely blind to even the smallest fragment of the picture you critique.

It is not what goes into a man's mouth that condemns him, but what comes out.

>t. woman theologist

Not hundreds. And yes, the Bible is the only Holy book which gets creation correct, not to mention many other factors.

Yes.
As an atheist there is no logical reason for the death of newborn children to vex you so. It's objectively no different then the cessation of any physical process when viewed from a positivist perspective. No more immoral than the transformation of uranium into lead through atomic decay.

You don't get worked up over the death of unborn children who die at the hands of their own mother's, why do you pretend to care about doomed children who die a few months later of natural causes?

>there are different views about X
>therefore, your views are wrong
i know what comedian you got that gem from

>For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. - Matthew 24 7-9

>Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. 1
But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come! - Matthew 24:11-14

Jehovah Witnesses are the only Christian organization in the world that is fulfilling Jesus Christ prophecy recorded at Matthew 24. True Christians arn't afraid of the bad that's happening in the world. Jesus said this was going to happen 2,000 years ago. Every word to come out of his mouth has come true.

Once every nation on earth learns that Jehovah God is the only one true living God that created the Universe, then he will send his son down from heaven to destroy this satanic world and only those calling upon the name of Jehovah will be saved!

Because the Christian God is apparently a faggot that doesn't care about us. Praise Kek.

>God is all knowing and all powerful
>Everything is part of "God's plan"
>Therefore, God chooses to create ISIS and chooses to allow them to rape little children
>He works in mysterious ways so don't question it

The ruling power of this world is not God, it's 'the devil'. Remember what he tempted Christ with, rulership over the whole world.

God's commandments and Christ's sacrifice offer an escape from the evil that rules earth.

>Earth is not paradise.

Actually, this isn't true. Earth was meant to the the ORIGINAL Paradise on Earth for man and this still remains his plan. Man was kicked out of this earthly Paradise but Earthly Paradise is still what man is going to inherit. God is going to destroy all wickedness on Earth and put righteous man on it how he originally intended as pointed out here.

It's against the rules to be under 18 and post here.

prove your 4th meme arrow can't be true and you've defeated theism

Yes, watch it.

Are you a JW?

That is not how it works. Again, you forget a very important piece, free will.

God is, in all ways, absolutely perfect. Immutable, He cannot be corrupted.

All evil stems from the rottenness within our hearts, instilled by Satan, watered by temptation, directed by deceit and selfishness.

>how do you do not lose faith in God despite all the cruel and evil things that happen in the world everyday.
Scripture must be fulfilled.

Remember Job

remember Jesus nailed to the tree for six hours to pay for your sins.

user we've been over this jw are not Christian

What's the "good reason" for child rape in God's eyes?

It amazes me that people like you would rather believe that the misery created by ISIS exists without purpose, and that you think that adopting a world view in which there is no final justice for the victims of ISIS gives you a moral high-ground over those who believe that the wicked ultimately face the final judgement of God.

how should i know?

What makes you think you'd be capable of understanding the reason if you were given it?

You're an idiot who doesn't understand theology or free will

As much of a paradox as it sounds, evil is good for us. Without times of crysis, we'll never improve ourselves.